Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 PM
New Fan

Warning: rant ahead, sorry! Skip if not your thing.

I know some people love Beauty, but I can't. Am I really the only one disappointed? I couldn't bring myself to watch it, just gifs and recaps but that was enough. Yes, the gifs are lovely, but the overall story blows.

First of all, they never had another child? Gideons's birth was so traumatic. Belle didn't get to enjoy her pregnancy and Rumple didn't get to share it. They should've had another chance to do it right.

Secondly, despite how beautifully done it might have been, it's just more of the same. Separating them yet again, this time by death. Belle did not have to die. If it had been Emilie's choice to leave I could understand, but it wasn't. They've been waiting years to get rid of her so Rumple could spend all his time interacting with everyone but her. Same old, same old.

And last, no TLK that we've been waiting SEVEN YEARS for. Hanging on to hope despite everything. So now our only hope is that Rumple dies and is reunited with her in the afterlife? "Hey, thanks for sticking around for seven seasons of nothing but pain. Now you get to watch your favorite couple die! Oh, but they're together in the afterlife. Enjoy!" I don't know about you but that's not a reward to me. We got nothing but angst for six seasons, then they get one "happy" episode that culminates in Belle's death. This is seriously our payoff? I wish the season six finale had been the end. At least that ended on a happy note, with their whole lives ahead of them. Instead it's only more pain. Feels more like a slap in the face than any kind of gift.

Sorry about the rant but I'm so unhappy with what they've done to my beloved couple. Thanks if you've read this far. If there's a more appropriate place to rant, please point me in that direction. I would like to commiserate with those who feel the same way.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry you feel that way, really I am. I LOVE Beauty...

This is what I posted on Tumblr...

Belle being dead (and by the way, she died in her 90′s, not as a young woman; she died having lived an extremely happy and long life - which is something we all aspire to) UPS the stakes dramatically. Rumbelle have been separated many times before, so what’s the difference if they’re separated again in the usual way? Why would I want to see that? Rumbelle being separated by the veil of death is the ultimate separation, and Rumple being able to find his way back to Belle is the ultimate proof of their ETERNAL love. Think about that - they are ETERNAL love.

Rumple is 400 years old. He’s lived many, many lifetimes - and they’ve been tragic, difficult, dark centuries for the most part. When he confessed to Belle that he wanted to rid himself of the dagger, he did so at a time when they were approximately the same age; he wanted to age with her so they could die around the same time. He never wanted to live decades beyond her. Rumple is an OLD man - no matter what he looks like - and he’s exhausted; everything that’s happened to him has taken it’s toll on him, physically and emotionally. His entire lifetime has been a struggle and now he just wants to rest; this is the furthest thing from a suicide mission.

I think we’ll see Gideon again once more. Ideally, Rumple would be able to die in the Edge of Realms and be buried next to Belle. Gideon would get to say goodbye - and maybe he could see his parents together again. Ok, I know that’s cheesy, so if not that, I would love him to know that they are together somehow. I DO think Gideon understands the incredibly deep love his parents share, and that’s what drove him to offer to take the dagger. As such, I think that even though he’ll desperately miss his mama and papa, he’ll understand why Rumple needs to go - and he’ll be ok knowing he’ll see them again one day

Last edited by Betsybelle; 12-12-2017 at 07:01 AM
Old 12-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I loved 'Beauty' too, it's an amazing emotional eppy and is one of my fave eppys of Once, indeed one of my fave every eppys on TV.

and agree with what Betsy said, their love is elevated more by what has happened and Rumple's quest to return to Belle, to his eternal love

Old 12-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

"Beauty" was almost everything I could hope for I'm grateful that we actually got to see Rumbelle's happy life together and that they were confirmed to be eternal love (which I think is better than TLK. I mean, TLK would've been nice, but it doesn't mean that much to me anymore.. Not after Zelena and Hades had one). And while I miss Belle, I think her absence emphasizes how much Rumple has changed and makes his arc more powerful. Plus she died of old age after a long happy life (unlike Neal or Robin Hood), so I can definitely live with it. And yeah, I would've loved to see them having more kids, but I can understand why it didn't happen. So I'm not complaining.

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 12-12-2017 at 02:22 PM
Old 12-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

^ ITA Seamstress...

Old 12-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the interesting discussions.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source

Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

The first and the last dances..

icon by me
Old 12-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Beautiful

Old 12-14-2017, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Yep.. And so is this

Source

icon by me
Old 12-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Overloaded with feels people, Overoaded,,,

Old 12-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

I know

I wonder if Rumple will talk about Belle tonight?

icon by me
Old 12-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I hope so..

‘Beauty’ had so many scenes

Old 12-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
‘Beauty’ had so many scenes
It really did.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Chip made an appearance last night , Aww when Rumple said to Alice the cup should wake him up

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top