Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2015, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Belle/Will have nothing in common other than broken hearts. That's not the basis of a relationship. Of course to be fair, they haven't shown them in this relationship so it's very jarring whenever we see them.

And I saw someone pointed out she was touching or holding her ring finger.

I think Will better get the message. Plus, there is no way they are that serious about each other in that short of a time span.

I just hope Belle goes after Rumple in the next episode and they don't drag this out.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Belleislove,

It is not about Will in a sense. He is letting Belle go and decide what she wants for her HE. He wants her to be happy and he knows Belle wouldn't want a HE put upon her so he is setting her free and leaving it up to her. At this point, despite the fact that both love each other deeply, he is acknowledging that it might not be enough and he is also acknowledging that he hurt her deeply and he is remorseful for it. In a way he is fighting for her, he is fighting for her free will. He couldn't get the heart, so he had Will do it and he stuck around to make sure it was returned to her because he knows Belle had a life of being told what to do, who to marry, etc before he came along and in returning her heart and letting her make the choice, he is fighting for HER. There is also the point that his heart is darkening and he will not force her to save him, he is trying to save himself. At this point, he probably feels she is safer without him. It didn't matter who Belle was seeing. It only mattered that she was happy with that person and Will doesn't have a curse that is turning him into a monster and she can trust him.

When you let someone go, that is an expression of pure and unselfish love. Rumple was Belle's hero tonight and the only man worthy of her love in my eyes!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
When you let someone go, that is an expression of pure and unselfish love. Rumple was Belle's hero tonight and the only man worthy of her love in my eyes!
I understand what you're saying. I just hope it plays out as beautifully as people are thinking it will, and it doesn't take too long for Belle to reach out to him. I would think it would be just as the last bit of his heart is going.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I spent everyday of our marriage deceiving you when I should’ve been trying to make you happy. Now it’s too late. My heart is nearly black and if I continue hurting you, then there’s no hope for me. I’m gonna return this to you, Belle, but he’s the one who’s gonna protect it, because I have proven unworthy.
THIS is why I love Rumple. He knows how to own up to his mistakes. No excuses, blaming others or pretending that nothing ever happened/his deception wasn't a big deal. And he did this with almost black heart, in front of a rival. He showed Belle that he's not the beast she thought he is. Next step: TLK?

And I think it's now clear that Regina did take Belle's heart without her consent. Am I the only one who got the impression that Rumple kind of took the blame for it (If I continue hurting you, then there's no hope for me. He's the one whos's gonna protect it, because I have proven unworthy)? I think that when he found out what Regina had done to Belle (again) because of him, he came to the conclusion that Belle would never be safe with him and that's why he decided to let her go. And that was the right thing to do, IMO. Trying to win her back when his heart is so black and he's not even sure if he can save it would be just selfish.

And is it just me or is there something strange in Will? I mean, he was so emotionless and.. bland. Even when Belle kissed him. And he was strangely indifferent to the fact that Regina had stolen Belle's heart. I don't know.. I just got this feeling that there's more to Will being in SB than meets the eye..
Old 04-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And I think it's now clear that Regina did take Belle's heart without her consent. Am I the only one who got the impression that Rumple kind of took the blame for it (If I continue hurting you, then there's no hope for me. He's the one whos's gonna protect it, because I have proven unworthy)? I think that when he found out what Regina had done to Belle (again) because of him, he came to the conclusion that Belle would never be safe with him and that's why he decided to let her go. And that was the right thing to do, IMO. Trying to win her back when his heart is so black and he's not even sure if he can save it would be just selfish.
I noticed that too. At the well, which may be have been the same day or a day earlier, he was so happy when he thought she understood, he was kissing her, etc.

But here it's a total difference. That's what I think, that after seeing that Regina took her heart out he thinks its' too dangerous to be with him.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Belle touching her wedding ring finger as Rumple leaves

source
Old 04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

^ Just,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I understand what you're saying. I just hope it plays out as beautifully as people are thinking it will, and it doesn't take too long for Belle to reach out to him. I would think it would be just as the last bit of his heart is going.
I hope so too. We only have 3 episodes left

Also I thought of a parallel. So in the EF when he set her free she was kidnapped by the EVIL QUEEN, and couldn't go back even though she wanted to.

At the well after SHE HAD SETTED HERSELF FREE in 4x11, she wanted to go back and REGINA stopped her.

But the difference was that this time, Rumple knew what was up and was able to rescue her from Regina. So this time, if Belle, as I believe, still wants to go back she actually can. So basically, it's like what we could have seen if she could have escaped back then. And that is, that Rumple wouldn't have chosen power over her, as he didn't last night. He put her first.

RoseBennett
Old 04-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

So many parallels to their history and Beauty and the Beast.

And Belle always comes back.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Smart girl that one.

RoseBennett
Old 04-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I can't wait to see what happens next, but last night showed quite clearly where Belle's heart truly is.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

^Like, quite literally, since he was the one holding it half the time

RoseBennett
Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

the parallels

source
Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Aww, love that parallel
Old 04-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Oh, Rumple. Don't leave. She doesn't want Will, you silly man!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Love the parallel

Is Will Cogsworth then? Headcanon accepted

RoseBennett

Last edited by confessor_meggy; 04-28-2015 at 03:40 PM