Old 04-19-2014, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

and Belle is going to save him!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

She will!! Belle will never give up on him! She never has.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

indeed

Emotional rollercoaster continues tonight..
Old 04-20-2014, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

dp
Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone ever heard this? I read on the IMDb board that RC was approached to be on Lost (before the show started) but it didn't work out. Someone suggested that he might have been in the running for the character Charlie, who was originally supposed to be older (and I can see that--drug addicted has-been rocker seems like a role built for someone well out of their 20s) until Dom Monaghan came along.

Imagine if that had happened. Would Lost still have pursued Charlie/Claire? That was a show that was written on the fly, very like OUAT (no matter what either set of showrunners like to say), and it tended to go with the chemistry. Imagine if we'd gotten Rumbelle ten years before Rumbelle!

Someone needs to fic this.

Edited: You know, I still haven't see California Solo, but Robert's character in that doesn't sound SO far removed from Charlie. (Though I think he only got one DUI, and wasn't actually an alcoholic? I've just read a few summaries.) FIC IT! Oh heck maybe I'll do it.

Last edited by Violet Faust; 04-20-2014 at 07:12 AM
Old 04-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I did hear that from Eddy and Adam..
Old 04-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Has anyone ever heard this? I read on the IMDb board that RC was approached to be on Lost (before the show started) but it didn't work out. Someone suggested that he might have been in the running for the character Charlie, who was originally supposed to be older (and I can see that--drug addicted has-been rocker seems like a role built for someone well out of their 20s) until Dom Monaghan came along.

Imagine if that had happened. Would Lost still have pursued Charlie/Claire? That was a show that was written on the fly, very like OUAT (no matter what either set of showrunners like to say), and it tended to go with the chemistry. Imagine if we'd gotten Rumbelle ten years before Rumbelle!
I didn't know that.

Well If that had happened, I probably wouldn't have abandoned the show after the second season..
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Robert Carlyle said in an interview that he was approached for Lost but he was not available. Adam and Eddy also said in an interview that they really tried to get him for Lost. The speculation about it being for the part of Charlie is wishful thinking, though. They wouldn't waste someone of RC's caliber on a supporting role. The role of Ben Linus was pretty much tailored to Robert Carlye's strengths. Indeed, the actor they did cast could almost be a Carlyle clone. Michael Emerson is the same age, physical type, also has tremendous range and a reputation for being very good at playing creepy, deranged losers and bad guys.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris (View Post)
Robert Carlyle said in an interview that he was approached for Lost but he was not available. Adam and Eddy also said in an interview that they really tried to get him for Lost. The speculation about it being for the part of Charlie is wishful thinking, though. They wouldn't waste someone of RC's caliber on a supporting role. The role of Ben Linus was pretty much tailored to Robert Carlye's strengths. Indeed, the actor they did cast could almost be a Carlyle clone. Michael Emerson is the same age, physical type, also has tremendous range and a reputation for being very good at playing creepy, deranged losers and bad guys.
RC would have been amazing as a Benlike character, but Michael Emerson is also extremely talented and he made that role for that show what it was; I think I read that the whole Ben Linus mastermind character came about because Michael was so good at being "Henry Gale," which was originally intended to be a minor role.

Charlie was actually the major supporting role (after Jack and Kate, and before Sawyer and Locke) in the first season, but I suspect that's because Monaghan was a "name" from LOTR then. Still, it's not out of the question.

RC would also have been a fascinating Locke, though again, Terry O'Quinn was perfection in the role.

LOL, now I am imagining Ben/Claire or Locke/Claire (Terry and Emilie actually had a pretty interesting scene or two in S1; imagine if they had been bursting with sexual chemistry as well).
Old 04-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Less than a half hour ! Looking forward to tonight!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Less than a half hour ! Looking forward to tonight!
Worth watching especially for the apology scene!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Does this mean I can now officially post this over here?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

sorry dp
Old 04-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Supreme Fan

@ Emilie's expression!

I was thrilled that Rumple was only playing Zelena ... trying to get the dagger away from her. Desperate times call for desperate measures. He didn't fall for Zelena's line about going back in time and saving Bae - he would know that it wouldn't work like that.

Loved Belle figuring it out and being the one to save the day. So glad that Belle finally got the apology that Regina owed her, though I wished that Belle would've called Regina on the fact that Regina let Rumple think that she was dead. But that's more Rumple's grudge than Belle's.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)