Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe Rumple just doesn't want to dwell on the past.

Anyway, he's not the one lying to Belle. The dark one is.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Maybe Rumple just doesn't want to dwell on the past.

Anyway, he's not the one lying to Belle. The dark one is.
There is no bigger Rumple fan than myself, but I have to disagree. To me that is like saying it's not my fault, the devil made me do it. Like Satan, the curse may present a temptation that is almost impossible to say no to, but you can. it maybe hard as heck but you can say no. I think the curse is the same way. It presents him with "options" which in the long run are self destructive. This may have been a factor in Zoso's suicide by Rumple. Being "owned" may have been a factor but I think the decisions he made over the course of the curse drove him. For all we know, he could have been a man much like Rumple with a family and friends that, over time, he destroyed in one way or another. So, while the curse may lay the temptation at Rumple's feet, he is ultimately the only one responsible for his actions.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
There is no bigger Rumple fan than myself, but I have to disagree. To me that is like saying it's not my fault, the devil made me do it. Like Satan, the curse may present a temptation that is almost impossible to say no to, but you can. it maybe hard as heck but you can say no. I think the curse is the same way. It presents him with "options" which in the long run are self destructive. This may have been a factor in Zoso's suicide by Rumple. Being "owned" may have been a factor but I think the decisions he made over the course of the curse drove him. For all we know, he could have been a man much like Rumple with a family and friends that, over time, he destroyed in one way or another. So, while the curse may lay the temptation at Rumple's feet, he is ultimately the only one responsible for his actions.
That is exactly right. I mean if he wants to make things right with Belle in any way, shape or form he will have to take responsibility for his OWN actions. He may truly believe that he is protecting Belle but he's really addicted to the power and just won't let it go. I think the daggar Belle had when she told him to tell the truth was a fake. It's pretty clear that he knows Anna and whatever has happened to her he probably had a hand in. It's all just more angst for our OTP.

Edward♥Bella|Cyrus♥Alice|Stefan♥Elena|Rumple♥Belle|Nathan♥Maxie|
Snow♥Charming|Captain♥Swan|Chimney♥Maddie|Michael♥Nikita|
Alex♥Norma|West♥Allen|Michael♥Sara|Max♥Liz|Michael♥Maria|Alex♥Isabel|
Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Deleted scene from last night's episode ... Rumbelle. I wish they'd left it in ... *sigh*.

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Passionate Fan

I think we are all jumping to conclusions! It is sad when tumblr is more hopeful about Rumple and Rumbelle than we are!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I think we are all jumping to conclusions! It is sad when tumblr is more hopeful about Rumple and Rumbelle than we are!
Where is Tumblr hopeful?

I see a lot of diehard Rumple fans who are really not happy with him. Barbara Barnett called him a sniveling snake, or something like that, and she loves him. I just don't think this whole thing is going over well. JMO.

It's hard not to jump to conclusions considering how this couple has always been treated by the show and how they're not showing him with any remorse. I think and am almost positive that will come but not sure they're really doing much to hold onto the offline fans who don't have spoiler info.

I'll try to be more hopeful. At least they are gorgeous together, and I loved the photo RC tweeted and the Emilie's twitter session.

I do wish they would dress Belle a little older though. I love her outfits, but even her hair, just makes her look even younger.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Where is Tumblr hopeful?

I see a lot of diehard Rumple fans who are really not happy with him. Barbara Barnett called him a sniveling snake, or something like that, and she loves him. I just don't think this whole thing is going over well. JMO.

It's hard not to jump to conclusions considering how this couple has always been treated by the show and how they're not showing him with any remorse. I think and am almost positive that will come but not sure they're really doing much to hold onto the offline fans who don't have spoiler info.

I'll try to be more hopeful. At least they are gorgeous together, and I loved the photo RC tweeted and the Emilie's twitter session.

I do wish they would dress Belle a little older though. I love her outfits, but even her hair, just makes her look even younger.
Not to be flippant but I don't really care what Barnett thinks. That is her opinion and that is fine. Hopefully she will be eating crow. The posts I have seen on my dashboard have been positive but I know elsewhere it isn't.

Usually I don't let negative people bother me, and I am not talking about you Belleislove! The episode thread is really getting on my last nerve. So I criticized the Charmings for the constant interruptions, that doesn't mean I am bashing anybody! They have been interrupting their honeymoon in the last two episodes and most of last season. I get criticized for pointing that out and I am done with it. Now there is negativity on the Rumbelle thread as well. I am taking a break until things calm down. I just can't handle it well now.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Not to be flippant but I don't really care what Barnett thinks. That is her opinion and that is fine. Hopefully she will be eating crow. The posts I have seen on my dashboard have been positive but I know elsewhere it isn't.

Usually I don't let negative people bother me, and I am not talking about you Belleislove! The episode thread is really getting on my last nerve. So I criticized the Charmings for the constant interruptions, that doesn't mean I am bashing anybody! They have been interrupting their honeymoon in the last two episodes and most of last season. I get criticized for pointing that out and I am done with it. Now there is negativity on the Rumbelle thread as well. I am taking a break until things calm down. I just can't handle it well now.
I understand what you mean, and not it really doesn't matter what one person thinks. The only reason I brought it up is she is a huge Rumple fan and I've seen other Rumple fans who really do not like what they're doing with him.

But I think we need to be able to vent about the situation, which is not an ideal one for this couple right now. It's kind of hard to be positive when he's lying to her more and more each week.

I love all the positive stuff. It always makes me feel better. But I like hearing from the negative as well. It's nice to have debates about stuff. It can't be all positive all the time.

I'm sure we'll have positive stuff to talk about in the future. Just right now it's understandable why people are down.

By the way, I don't think I'm going to even go to the episode thread anymore. In the past it has gotten kind of adversarial and I don't like to see people fighting about things.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I understand what you mean, and not it really doesn't matter what one person thinks. The only reason I brought it up is she is a huge Rumple fan and I've seen other Rumple fans who really do not like what they're doing with him.

But I think we need to be able to vent about the situation, which is not an ideal one for this couple right now. It's kind of hard to be positive when he's lying to her more and more each week.

I love all the positive stuff. It always makes me feel better. But I like hearing from the negative as well. It's nice to have debates about stuff. It can't be all positive all the time.

I'm sure we'll have positive stuff to talk about in the future. Just right now it's understandable why people are down.

By the way, I don't think I'm going to even go to the episode thread anymore. In the past it has gotten kind of adversarial and I don't like to see people fighting about things.
One of the people I follow on Tumblr, Betsy, stopped reading Barnett because she hated and was negative about Rumple in 3b and she implied that Barnett blamed Rumple for what happened with Zelena and she is glad she doesn't read her articles anymore. I know Rumple fans are down and I understand the need to vent which is why I was criticized for pointing out the obvious. It was a debate I guess but I answered a question about why Belle looked sad and I got posts defending Emma and saying that we know Rumple is lying about Anna so he deserves their disbelief. Anyway, I am taking a break but I thought I would leave this post I found on tumblr! It is hilarious! It concerns Belle commanding Rumple with the dagger last night!

winterelf86 Source: fairytaleasoldastime

winterelf86:

thatravenclawbitch:

spottytonguedog:

thatravenclawbitch:

melissabosquez:

thatravenclawbitch:

melissabosquez:

thatravenclawbitch:

melissabosquez:

I command you, Dark One…
Take me right here, hard, on this counter and then maybe these people will leave us the hell alone.

Seriously. She looks hella pissed off. Wonder what Rumple would have done if she’d tried that…

Obviously, he would start removing his pants. “Well, s@#%t guys she commanded me sooooo you might wanna leave before you see some things that will haunt your dreams and sex life for years to come…”

"Dagger game too strong," Rumple mutters as he drops his pants. Hook screams and uses the closest sharp object to gouge out his eyes.

Bahahahaha. Exactly.

Meanwhile Charming sticks around to take notes. “I didn’t even know you could do it like that!”

"Wow, who knew the Dark One was so flexible." *cocks head to the side*

"Rumplestiltskin was holding out on me when he demonstrated with hand puppets how to get Snow pregnant!"

This fandom.

#OMG#ouat#ouat fandom#ouat 4x03#belle gold#rumpelstiltskin
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

By the way, I stand corrected, Barbara called him a sniveling and sneaky liar and then later referred to him as a snake. She didn't actually say "sniveling snake," LOL.

I actually like reading Barbara's thoughts. I don't always agree but I see why she's so disappointed in Rumple. I wouldn't call him "sniveling" LOL but he is sneaky and a liar. I just hope, hope, hope, there is a real reason and there is real regret shown by him in the future.

And that he truly sees first hand what this will do to Belle.

ETA. This fandom is the smuttiest, LOL.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
By the way, I stand corrected, Barbara called him a sniveling and sneaky liar and then later referred to him as a snake. She didn't actually say "sniveling snake," LOL.

I actually like reading Barbara's thoughts. I don't always agree but I see why she's so disappointed in Rumple. I wouldn't call him "sniveling" LOL but he is sneaky and a liar. I just hope, hope, hope, there is a real reason and there is real regret shown by him in the future.

And that he truly sees first hand what this will do to Belle.

ETA. This fandom is the smuttiest, LOL.
Here is a better analysis than Barbara's!

That Ravenclaw Bitch

Here is a funny review from Lily Sparks!

http://www.tv.com/shows/once-upon-a-...-141306370505/

Last edited by Grace52373; 10-13-2014 at 12:51 PM Reason: added to post
Old 10-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Great post by Raven there and I totally agree

Grace, know what you mean about negativity, and I don't read anything that Barbara says now..

Yep my little gang that I follow on tumblr all can't wait to see where the story is going.. I just want the eppy's now
Old 10-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Supreme Fan

I think that while we're getting the angst, it'll work out for our couple. I'm optimistic .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I think that while we're getting the angst, it'll work out for our couple. I'm optimistic .
I have no doubt it will work out okay in the end either.

However, I totally understand why people are upset. I don't think that's being negative at all. He is being an ass. There's no way around that. I don't think people are wrong for criticizing the show or saying he's being unlikeable. I don't think people are wrong for saying they disagree either.

I'm a Belle fan as well as a Rumbelle fan and I want her to leave him in tears and get herself an apartment or something and make him beg. What he's doing his horrible. And their lack of screentime doesn't help things.

I'd be pretty bored myself if I just saw only the positives though. I like to get different points of view.

But at least we are all civil to each other on the appreciation threads and that is what makes it so much fun!!

And can I say again how beautiful that picture he tweeted last night was? And how sweet it was of him to do it?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Great post by Raven there and I totally agree

Grace, know what you mean about negativity, and I don't read anything that Barbara says now..

Yep my little gang that I follow on tumblr all can't wait to see where the story is going.. I just want the eppy's now
I was just frustrated last night and today. The Hook fans were upsetting me by saying it was okay that Hook blackmailed Rumple because he was lying to everyone and wouldn't help and that Hook was doing it for a good thing. I really tried not to blow up at them but I came out a little edgy on my Rumple should send a fireball at the Charmings for interrupting his honeymoon and Belle was pissed off because of the interruptions too! I just was frustrated because I had every right to be upset with Hook and felt that I couldn't so I retreated to Tumblr were I found some great gifs and shared them! We all need some cheering up at times! I know we take up for Rumple and I especially try to keep an open mind but when Rumple screws up, our fandom doesn't make ridiculous justifications for it and boy has he screwed up lately! I am praying Rumbelle survives this with no cliff hangers!

Belleislove, you are right that people have a right to be upset and I hate what he is doing to Belle and I hope she forgives him in the end. The negativity, justified or not just gets to me at times!