Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Thank you for the link Rina!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

More conflict! Goody! I have to hand it to H&K. At least they're keeping Outlaw Queen interesting.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
For what it's worth, though, since the show went into a completely different direction on Sunday it should now be fine to rec this fic:
Thanks for the fic rec, Rina! Really loved this one. So well written and touching.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT! Glorious title.

I wonder that, too, Regina.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-06-2015, 06:13 AM
Extreme Fan

So the writers made them erase Roland's memories of fake Marian.....
Old 05-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the family.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimane (View Post)
So the writers made them erase Roland's memories of fake Marian.....
Yes.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I do not understand this memory potion. They gave it to Roland and he will remember nothing from after he came to the diner with Regina and with Robin in the 3rd season finale? Or will he remember everything but only differently, without Marian?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Regina said he would lose time, so I assume that means he will remember nothing that happened from 3x22 until the present. We know the time spent in NY was about 10 weeks and 4a probably spanned a few weeks, so I'm geussing he loses about 3 months worth of memories?
Old 05-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Absolute Fan

What I found somewhat curious about this memory potion twist is that Roland not remembering Zelena-as-Marian doesn't change the fact that the woman is currently pregnant. Or at least she claims to be, God knows I hope we'll never actually have to see a child of hers on the show, but Robin and Regina believe her. So... what's the plan with regards to how they're gonna explain that to Roland? I get where they are coming from and of course I also understand why this is the easiest solution for the show, but giving the kid a forgetting potion only opens up a whole new can of worms.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 05-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
What I found somewhat curious about this memory potion twist is that Roland not remembering Zelena-as-Marian doesn't change the fact that the woman is currently pregnant. Or at least she claims to be, God knows I hope we'll never actually have to see a child of hers on the show, but Robin and Regina believe her. So... what's the plan with regards to how they're gonna explain that to Roland? I get where they are coming from and of course I also understand why this is the easiest solution for the show, but giving the kid a forgetting potion only opens up a whole new can of worms.
Exactly! And the thing us, was it even necessary to address this? They could have said nothing about Roland and we would all just form our own head cannons on what they told him.. or not. As it is, this just forces Robin to lie to explain things like, yes the baby, and little things like why do Papa and I have a whole new set of clothes now? Lol
Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

So Roland is supposed to be what...6? Most young kids realize that babies grow in mommie's tummies when they actually see a pregnant woman for the first time and question why she looks like that. Considering how little exposure Roland has had to the world and has spent most of his life in a camp of men, it's entirely possible he has never actually seen a pregnant woman. Which means, for right now, he might still think babies come from storks. And if Regina and Robin plan to raise the baby together and Zelena remains locked up, then Roland will likely be told Regina is the baby's mother and he'll just accept this. When he gets older, he'll probably realize this doesn't add up, but I think he's too young to really question it now.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Good point, Sherry. Whew, another plot hole possibly avoided. (although I still think it leaves it wide open for Robin to have to tell him fibs about other things that may not make sense because of the missing time or other things that may have changed while they were away. But the the show doesn't care about this detail--they just want a quick fix and move on. I still surprised they even bothered to bring Roland up.)
Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Absolute Fan

I find it somewhat hard to imagine that Roland would not pick up on the changes around him and realize something's not quite right as well, but I think this is where we'll just have to drink the ONCE flavored Kool-Aid. I liked last night's finale, but it once again proved that we're rushing from one obstacle to the next and no one on this show has the time to reflect on what's happening to them anymore.

x

Would have been even lovelier if they'd included Roland, but still a nice moment. Henry approves.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |