Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroccs (View Post)
This is pretty much how I feel as well. I am hoping that bit by bit some of the people of SB can start down the road towards forgiveness. I have seen a few people saying that Regina should be in jail for what she has done but I mean what would be the point of that. Wouldn't really help matters IMO. Plus boring!!! May as well just kill her off if they are gonna do that.
I think Regina just sitting in jail would be pretty boring, too. Plus, I'm not sure there's enough room in the Storybrooke jail for all the people who probably belong there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Maybe here's a start: She can return the hearts she collected, stored in her vault, to their rightful owners, if they are indeed still alive?!
That could definitely be a good way for her to show that she is really trying to change.

Quote:
I would love to know who else is walking around the town without a heart. Also are all the hearts in her vault belonging to her or are some of them Cora's. But I agree Heather this might be a good starting point for Regina to make amends.
I'm curious who doesn't have a heart, too, both from Regina and Cora taking them.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I think Regina just sitting in jail would be pretty boring, too. Plus, I'm not sure there's enough room in the Storybrooke jail for all the people who probably belong there.
Agreed. What would be the point. I think the better storyline would be her trying to make amends for what she has done rather than having her sitting in jail week after week. As I said they may as well just kill her off if they are going to do that.

Quote:
I'm curious who doesn't have a heart, too, both from Regina and Cora taking them.
I always kinda wonder if Regina took Sydney's heart!!! I guess with Giancarlo on another show now this will probably never be addressed but I kinda think he would be one of the people who's heart she took. Just the way he acted always made me think.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Absolute Fan

I want to know more about the hearts too. It will be a story I think. Because now more people know there are hearts in the crypt.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But having her remain "evil" is so boring. If she is simply to remain the same season after season with no development at all it would get old very very fast. I feel that even Regina fans would get sick of seeing something like that. I agree some parts of the audience will probably never see her redeemed anyway no matter what the writers come up with but I kind of expect that. There are those that will always hate her no matter what she does. I mean I read a few comments from people over the last few days who still think she is pretending to be good and it is all an act. I just tend to ignore people like this. I mean I don't try to justify a lot of the things that Regina has done but I do think that anybody that wants redemption, and I for one think she is really trying to be a better person, deserves it. Just my take on it.
Agreed. Sometimes it's difficult to explain it in order to make it understandable but it's not about justifying bad actions, it's more about looking beyond what can't be undone at this point and hoping that Regina can change for the better and rise above her very tragic set of circumstances. Sadly, the cycle is what it is ... 'hurt people hurt other people', especially if they are left to their own miserable existence. It's unfortunate, but unless your some cute helpless kid (as most of society looks upon it), people tend not to give a damn, or they look the other way, when people are befallen with tragedy that leads their lives into certain directions. Alot of misconceptions exist out there where because you're not a kid, that this means somehow you should have the ultimate control over everything, you should always know better, or be able to make choices, if not, you're just making excuses - and let me just say from my firsthand experiences in life: That is major bull!!! I think that is why the end of S1, and S2, makes me sympathize with Regina so much because I don't think it should be that shocking that she evolved into what she became. Her background does mean something and, yes, circumstances out of her control, did mold her. I don't believe she had complete freedom of choice to take her life where she wanted. And, yes, I do think this kind of information should be taken into consideration.

In the end, I guess I'm just of the belief that when a person truly wants the redemption, and is actively seeking it, justice is better served when that person can actually change for the better, and it's shown. Revenge only breeds more hatred, it's not productive, and it certainly doesn't change anything.

Quote:
This is pretty much how I feel as well. I am hoping that bit by bit some of the people of SB can start down the road towards forgiveness. I have seen a few people saying that Regina should be in jail for what she has done but I mean what would be the point of that. Wouldn't really help matters IMO. Plus boring!!! May as well just kill her off if they are gonna do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilkitty (View Post)
I think jail would only serve a true purpose if Regina is still out there as an active and viable threat towards everyone. I think she is moving beyond this, though. And for the purposes of a TV show, definitely boring.

Quote:
I would love to know who else is walking around the town without a heart. Also are all the hearts in her vault belonging to her or are some of them Cora's. But I agree Heather this might be a good starting point for Regina to make amends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilkitty (View Post)
If anything, giving the hearts back, it would show that she is remorseful and has reached a place where she would like to reverse as much of the damage done as possible, as much of what could still be in her control.

Good question about the hearts, and which hearts 'belong' to who. It appears like maybe Regina could have taken over her mother's vault and then added to it over the years, after Cora was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightShadow (View Post)
I think Regina is already paying for what she has done. She has lost her son, the only person in the world she truly loves, she has had to see the love of her life dying all over again, actually she had to desintegrate him, she is all alone and her vengeful mother is about to find the way to get to Storybrooke. I mean, I don't know what else can happen to her? In my opinion Regina has been being punished from the day she was born with a mother who abused her and killed her true love and a father who never protected her. So I think people who want Regina to suffer can be happy because there hasn't been a second in her life, especially since Daniel's death, where Regina hasn't been suffering.
True. She's certainly paying in the sense that she is being shunned as the pariah of SB, that's for sure, and I think that kind of infliction of punishment is much more harsh than sitting in some jail cell could ever be.

And you're right - that is what's so tragic because her whole history is tainted with pain and loss. I know this wouldn't be a popular opinion to those who have suffered their own loss at her hands but what's sad is that in her mindset, she probably really thought everything she was doing was justifiable. People in pain, or those burying their pain, often misplace their anger and act out towards any situation that resembles or reminds them of their past:

Snow - broke her secret and it cost her Daniel. Her response was to inflict revenge against her for being forced into a loveless marriage.

Huntsman|Graham - in her eyes, he betrayed her and their deal (perhaps a reminder of Snow White's betrayal and how trust is broken). Later, she felt threatened by his growing relationship with Emma, viewing it as if Emma was taking something away from her (much like Cora did with Daniel).

Hansel|Gretel| + Woodsman Father: Granted, she separated them in order to achieve her agenda (to retrieve what the Blind Witch took from her) - but I often thought that her reason for not ultimately reuniting them at the end, was Gretel's outright rejection of her! Rejection would probably be a sore spot given all the criticizing Cora admonised onto her, never feeling like she had her mother's approval.

Belle - I believe there is likely a deeper motivation for why she kept Belle all those years, allowing Rumplestiltskin to believe her to be dead. I'm guessing it could be in repayment for what she feels she lost at his hands.

Just some examples.

The more I think about it, The Dark Curse was more about Regina rather than everyone else, to be honest. Let's face it, if she were completely heartless and without conscience, she could have just killed everybody that made her unhappy and have been done with it. No, it's a bit sad, but the Dark Curse's true purpose (we get this even from the S1- second episode) is that Regina wanted happiness of her own, what everybody else had but she never could quite achieve. Then with Archie, she let it slip, she took who she wanted. Which means, on some level, she probably craved having these people in her life, in an alternate existence, although the 'evil queen' in her went about it in a domineering and controlling fashion by taking away the happy endings of others.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Sometimes it's difficult to explain it in order to make it understandable but it's not about justifying bad actions, it's more about looking beyond what can't be undone at this point and hoping that Regina can change for the better and rise above her very tragic set of circumstances. Sadly, the cycle is what it is ... 'hurt people hurt other people', especially if they are left to their own miserable existence. It's unfortunate, but unless your some cute helpless kid (as most of society looks upon it), people tend not to give a damn, or they look the other way, when people are befallen with tragedy that leads their lives into certain directions. Alot of misconceptions exist out there where because you're not a kid, that this means somehow you should have the ultimate control over everything, you should always know better, or be able to make choices, if not, you're just making excuses - and let me just say from my firsthand experiences in life: That is major bull!!! I think that is why the end of S1, and S2, makes me sympathize with Regina so much because I don't think it should be that shocking that she evolved into what she became. Her background does mean something and, yes, circumstances out of her control, did mold her. I don't believe she had complete freedom of choice to take her life where she wanted. And, yes, I do think this kind of information should be taken into consideration.
Exactly. And this is why I tend to stick to my fandom bubble for example in the Regina threads here and on tumblr because there tends to be this mentality in the OUAT fandom that if you like Regina at all or understand where she is coming from that you justify all that she has done. And it frustrates me to no end. There is a big difference between understanding someone's actions and justifying them. You can sympathize with a character and still be appalled by some of the things that they have done at the same time. I guess some people just can't wrap their heads around that. Anyway I don't like to talk about other fans because everyone is entitled to like or dislike whoever they want but it does annoy sometimes when I see Regina blamed for everything, especially when some things were obviously out of her control. I do agree with your point about freedom of choice though. Definitely true in Regina's case.
Quote:
I think jail would only serve a true purpose if Regina is still out there as an active and viable threat towards everyone. I think she is moving beyond this, though. And for the purposes of a TV show, definitely boring.
Agreed. I do think she is moving beyond this as well. Or at least I hope she continues moving forward in this way. I have an inkling that we might see one of those slip-ups when Cora arrives tbh but hopefully she will be able to get back on-track with some help, from Archie perhaps.
Quote:
Snow - broke her secret and it cost her Daniel. Her response was to inflict revenge against her for being forced into a loveless marriage.

Huntsman|Graham - in her eyes, he betrayed her and their deal (perhaps a reminder of Snow White's betrayal and how trust is broken). Later, she felt threatened by his growing relationship with Emma, viewing it as if Emma was taking something away from her (much like Cora did with Daniel).

Hansel|Gretel| + Woodsman Father: Granted, she separated them in order to achieve her agenda (to retrieve what the Blind Witch took from her) - but I often thought that her reason for not ultimately reuniting them at the end, was Gretel's outright rejection of her! Rejection would probably be a sore spot given all the criticizing Cora admonised onto her, never feeling like she had her mother's approval.
It's really interesting that you should bring this up because there was a really great gifset a couple of months ago on tumblr pointing out this exact same thing.

Quote:
Belle - I believe there is likely a deeper motivation for why she kept Belle all those years, allowing Rumplestiltskin to believe her to be dead. I'm guessing it could be in repayment for what she feels she lost at his hands.
I always wonder about Regina's reasons for locking Belle up. I do hope this will be touched upon in future episodes. I would also love to see these two come face to face. That would be an interesting moment.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.

Last edited by bbroccs; 11-18-2012 at 03:51 PM
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Tftnt
Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Agreed. Sometimes it's difficult to explain it in order to make it understandable but it's not about justifying bad actions, it's more about looking beyond what can't be undone at this point and hoping that Regina can change for the better and rise above her very tragic set of circumstances. Sadly, the cycle is what it is ... 'hurt people hurt other people', especially if they are left to their own miserable existence. It's unfortunate, but unless your some cute helpless kid (as most of society looks upon it), people tend not to give a damn, or they look the other way, when people are befallen with tragedy that leads their lives into certain directions. Alot of misconceptions exist out there where because you're not a kid, that this means somehow you should have the ultimate control over everything, you should always know better, or be able to make choices, if not, you're just making excuses - and let me just say from my firsthand experiences in life: That is major bull!!! I think that is why the end of S1, and S2, makes me sympathize with Regina so much because I don't think it should be that shocking that she evolved into what she became. Her background does mean something and, yes, circumstances out of her control, did mold her. I don't believe she had complete freedom of choice to take her life where she wanted. And, yes, I do think this kind of information should be taken into consideration.

In the end, I guess I'm just of the belief that when a person truly wants the redemption, and is actively seeking it, justice is better served when that person can actually change for the better, and it's shown. Revenge only breeds more hatred, it's not productive, and it certainly doesn't change anything.
I completely agree. The tragic circumstances in Regina's life really led her into becoming who she is, and if she wants to change, she should be allowed to do so.

Quote:
Good question about the hearts, and which hearts 'belong' to who. It appears like maybe Regina could have taken over her mother's vault and then added to it over the years, after Cora was gone.
That makes sense. If Cora is the Queen of Hearts, she has even more hearts in that vault in addition to the ones left behind when Regina banished her. I wonder how many hearts were taken between Cora and Regina. Since the vaults have been featured a few times, I'm guessing that we will find out more about the hearts and who they belong to.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
That makes sense. If Cora is the Queen of Hearts, she has even more hearts in that vault in addition to the ones left behind when Regina banished her. I wonder how many hearts were taken between Cora and Regina. Since the vaults have been featured a few times, I'm guessing that we will find out more about the hearts and who they belong to.
I think this will be addressed this season tbh. With Cora showing up I think it will definitely be touched on. And the fact that we have seen Regina's vault twice already makes me think it will be significant later on.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes. I think the hearts will become a story in this season of Once Upon a Time.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

^That would be great to know more about them

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

From the portuguese facebook .

Edit: These were made by me .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide

Last edited by Persephone; 11-19-2012 at 08:59 AM
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh - those are beautiful! You have such talent!!!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Oh my gosh - those are beautiful! You have such talent!!!
Aww, thank you . Lana gives me inspiration .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful arts! Thanks for sharing them

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
Beautiful arts! Thanks for sharing them
Thanks and no problem .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide