Edit: double post, sorry.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 11-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Why was it necessary? What happened?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I am not sure if it's all that happened but yesterday there was article where Lana answered question what happy ending means for Evil Queen

She said:"I think she would end up with Robin Hood (Sean Maguire), because that is her true love. I think it would be great if they could be together, maybe have their own family together. I read that all the time on Twitter. They want those two to end up together. As do I. I think it would be fun to get out of Storybrooke, create a bigger family. I think that would be really nice for Regina."

And well ...some of Swan Queen shippers (and maybe other fans too I don't know) got offended she thinks Regina needs a man to have a happy ending and also because she claimed that people want Robin and Regina together while they don't want that. So these people sent some not exactly pleasant tweets to her on twitter. Unforunately it's nothing unusual.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh no. Thank you for explaining it to me.
I do not like these shipper wars and that some fans get so upset with the actors that they tweet them terrible things. Why can they not support their stories. Why can they not say they like something. Do the fans want the actors to censor themselves. It is sad.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I was at Glee fandom and after that experience unfortunately I have to say nothing can suprise me.. There were shipper wars, fans bullying actors, attacking other fans with different opinion, even sending death threads, shipping actors in real life and being blindy confident they are together in real life even if they definitely weren't, hating on their real life partners etc. totally regular thing....

Last edited by Lenka5; 11-27-2014 at 08:36 AM
Old 11-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Same went on with House. It was the first fandom I ever became so actively involved with and you have no idea what kind of hate everyone received.. I promised I wouldn't get involved with fandoms after that awful experience, but Sean and Lana made it impossible for me

I just hate that people have the nerve to say that Lana's comment "offended" some of her fans. Like REALLY now???? How exactly were they offended?? Because she said that she sees on twitter all the time that people want Regina and Robin to end up together and have a family? Did she lie in any way? Because gazillions of fans out there have said that many many times since last season! Or was it because she dared to articulate her opinion about what she wants for Regina?

I'm sorry, but those people are hypocrites to the bone! Lana was a goddess to them when on her freaking day off she wore her new Red Valentino sweater and went to take a freaking picture with Jennifer wearing the same sweater! Did OQers get offended by her then????? Um, I don't think so! Did OQers get offended when she gave that wonderful interview about Emma and Regina's relationship back in September? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! But SQers and BAs have to jump and screw with her when she says something positive about OQ? And it's not just that, they also spread their hate towards Sean, calling him untalented to Lana, saying that she only claims to want OQ to happen in order to support her friend that can't act... UGH, I WANT TO SMASH THOSE PEOPLE'S HEADS!!!!!!!!

I have said it millions of times before and I will keep saying till the day I'm gone: if there is such a thing as a famous person that appreciates and loves their fans more than anyone can imagine, then that's Lana (Sean as well, but he's not the subject of this thread). I do not accept negative comments towards the woman who pressured herself to the edge in order to please every single one of her fans, resulting to her almost fainting! I - WILL - EFFIN - NOT!! I don't know what I can do to change the current situation, I feel helpless. BUt this is unacceptable!!!

I only wish that those malevolent comments don't reach Lana and if they do, I wish she just simply presses the block button. The woman stays in the freaking social media because she wants to interact with her fans and those ungrateful b@$t@rds are giving her hell! I hope they drown in their own malice!!! (this is so not the proper day to say such things... I'm sorry for my rant, i just needed to get this out...)

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Absolute Fan

From what I have seen on Twitter and in the TV Guide comment section it appears that a certain number of people (deliberately or not) misinterpreted what Lana actually said about the response she's been getting to the Regina and Robin story on her social media accounts. She did say that she sees people expressing the hope that those two end up together and eventually start a family of their own on her Twitter all the time, but she didn't say that this is the only sort of feedback or that all/the majority of her fans are Outlaw Queen shippers. But for some reason or another many of the louder fans that have been complaining about this interview seem to think the latter is the case, which makes this whole thing so annoying because it's basically once again a giant misunderstanding or parts of the fandom twisting her words and blowing things out of proportion.

I do believe that in some cases it may be a honest misunderstanding because I have seen comments from people who are not native speakers, but there's also a lot of the usual over the top drama created by those who get offended the minute Lana dares to say Robin's or Sean's names, who badmouth Sean when tweeting her all time, or send her stuff along the lines of how sorry they are for her that she has to play this terrible OQ story and work with the incredibly untalented Sean Maguire. It's hard to take people serious who get offended by the very existence of Sean/Robin and OQ and freak out over every tiny little thing related to them. Never mind that Lana and Sean are off screen buddies so imagine how fun it must be for her to have a portion of her fanbase insult someone she considers a friend in her feed all the time. It's all very unfortunate because they ruin it for everyone else among their fandom who's sane and reasonable… and frankly not full of bitter hatred directed at the actors and writers of the show.

I'm also not sure what they even want from Lana? I say this as someone who has shipped Swan Queen for a long time, but at the end of the day you have to accept that there is a difference between a fanon ship and a canon one. It sucks for the fanon shippers, but you cannot honestly expect the show, the network, and those affiliated with OUAT to treat a fanon ship the exact same way as a canon ship. You can't honestly believe Lana is ever going to stop promoting or devoting less attention to her current canon story because you ship her with someone else. The argument seems to be that some of those angry SQ shippers consider SQ the "biggest fandom" of the show and that Lana is alienating the majority of her own fans by supporting OQ, which is... well, no, I'm not even gonna comment on that because it's a whole can of worms of its own.

Lana and Jennifer are both trying so hard to be inclusive, respectful and loving to everyone, knowing that their characters have both formed a whole armada of ships, but apparently it's just never good enough. I don't blame them for getting frustrated over this because it's like they just can’t win, no matter what they do, as long as they don't start campaigning for SQ along with the fans.

That said, we do have bad apples among those supporting the other Regina ships too and there's a reason this tweet was directed at both of the two major fan groups. They tend to wind each other up more and more, sadly the same is true for a lot of different OUAT fandoms too. I'm quick to zip myself up in my little bubble of happiness over there lately.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 11-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by Lenka5; 11-27-2014 at 01:50 PM
Old 11-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I suck at english but I think she said something like "I know I read that all the time on twitter.. everyone's like... they want those two end up together..."

So maybe the word "everyone" she used is what triggered such reaction?... still I don't see it as a reason for such ugly comments she received.

Sorry for double post.

Last edited by Lenka5; 11-27-2014 at 01:06 PM
Old 11-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just do not understand the extremism. Regina has been shown happy with a man before ... AKA. Daniel??? There is NOTHING wrong nor offensive about Lana including a MAN as a part of Regina's ideal happy ending. For all intents and purposes, Regina has been portrayed as a straight female character who is attracted and in love with Daniel and now ... Robin Hood. I get that people like what they like, or wish for a different direction {i do with some things} but ... OQ are actually a part of CANON??? Attacking Lana for her preference and making accusations against her is uncalled for and out of line. *sighs*

On a more pleasant note, Happy Thanksgiving to anybody who celebrates like me!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Happy Thanksgiving from me too.

Thanks for the tweets from Lana.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Happy thanksgiving everyone, and thank you for the tweet
Old 11-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Add me please! she is totally hot!!!

... and deserve her happy ending!
Old 11-28-2014, 05:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome aboard D'oh! Added you!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 11-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Startes watching OUAT about a month ago (and I'm already up to date) and I immediately fell in love with Lana/Regina