Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
Welcome Raquel
Would you like to be added to the fans list?

Backstory on August is a must. I want it!
Yes, I'd be on that list because I'm a fan, althought I don't know what that list is xD. Thank you!

I'm also very interested to know the August's backstory, but with Eion Bailey, because I don't like the kid. That is, not the actor itself, which can be a good actor, but his physical appearance doesn't look like Disney's Pinocchio, the original Pinocchio (Carlo Collodi) or Eion Bailey. The kid may be a good actor, but they should have chosen another with brown hair and blue eyes, not a redhead with brown eyes, it seems that with the pass of years he has suffered a mutation (already have enough to be sometimes wood, poor xD).

Furthermore, although I'd love to know his past story, I'm afraid of what his future is concerned, because I think I read somewhere that the writers had said that not everyone would have a happy ending, and I got to thinking about it T_T.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The fans list is in the main post which is number one on the first page. We have a list of usernames that support the character. I will add you to it now

Hair changes with time. I had blonde as a kid, and now my natural is dark brown. This could be said for August, or he could have dyed his hair brown. I think they did good with the casting.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 10-21-2012, 12:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
The fans list is in the main post which is number one on the first page. We have a list of usernames that support the character. I will add you to it now

Hair changes with time. I had blonde as a kid, and now my natural is dark brown. This could be said for August, or he could have dyed his hair brown. I think they did good with the casting.
I was blonde when i was a kid, and now my natural is brown too, BUT the eyes can go from light to dark, not vice versa.

In addition, a redhead never gets to have dark hair... Maybe a blonde pass to brown, or a redhead to blonde... I don't know xD.

Anyway, I would have preferred the kid would look like Disney's Pinocchio or Eion Bailey xD.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My sister had red hair as a child, and now she has dark brown. She's never dyed her hair so it can happen. It just depends on the genes you carry.

Jakob Davies (Young August) had darker green eyes. I really didn't see a problem with him. I'm trying not to be to picky with this series.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

The fact that they found Bailee to play young Snow makes me think that they did it intentionally when they cast Jakob. He's adorable anyway.

My mother is and always was a brunette with hazel eyes. father had blonde hair and blue eyes as a child, and dark brown hair and brown eyes as an adult. I was blonde and blue eyed as a child, now I'm auburn with green eyes. My brother was a blond with blue eyes, and is still a blond with blue eyes.

Puberty and recessive genes have a lot to answer for in my family.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 10-22-2012, 12:25 AM
New Fan

Yes, but the eyes can go from light to dark, but not vice versa, as well as hair. Over the years it may darken, but not become light. I mean, a person can have blue eyes when he was a child and brown when he's an adult, but not vice versa. If Eion Bailey has blue eyes, is because as a child he had to have them blue, sure.

In fact, look! You see as I have reason?

Just kidding, but the truth is that I like he looks like him xDD.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM
New Fan

I wonder how long we have to wait before August/Pinocchio shows up again. I miss those baby blues lighting up my TV screen on Sunday nights. :-/
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It doesn't relaly matter to me. I'm not going to be picky about it. I like the portrayal by both actors. I'm going to leave it at that.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHN79 (View Post)
I wonder how long we have to wait before August/Pinocchio shows up again. I miss those baby blues lighting up my TV screen on Sunday nights. :-/
Worry not, dearie! Go check out the spoiler thread's OP and read the description of Tallahassee!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Jonathan, that would be a spoiler.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am upset August took the money. I hope he tries to Emma back. I get him sending Neal away so Emma would not be a repeat offender
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Absolute Fan

I hope he didn't take the money. I hope he left it in the car and went off on his own. But I suppose we'll find out more, hopefully!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Absolute Fan

I said this elsewhere, but if/when Emma finds out what August did, she's liable to smack him.

Re: the money, Adam and Eddie pretty much said that August took the money in the official OuaT podcast.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Yeah, just read that.

That sucks, but I suppose that it's a very "Pinocchio" thing to do. Trying to do good, but ultimately doing it for himself. It explains why we haven't seen him until he went to Storybrook.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Absolute Fan

I know I mentioned that Emma will likely want to smack August (or stab him with a sharp object) should she ever find out that he ruined her chance at happiness, but realized that Neal will also probably not be too happy about August taking Emma's money and running should he ever find out about it, which means that, in short, I definitely wouldn't want to be August if the truth about this whole situation ever fully comes to light, because if Emma doesn't beat the crap out of him, Neal probably will.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor