Fan Forum Star

Welcome all the new fans

I loved the scene we got Can't wait to see more of him

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I feel like he was ambushed or something. Rumples is my first suspect because since he can't leave SB and Emma's gone, August is the other person who can leave. So maybe Rumples took August to have him search for Bae (he was at the border because he pushed August over lol kidding).

More practical would be he just went off looking for Gepetto (or Emma). But it'd be pretty hard to miss a living wooden man walking around.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelesslonging (View Post)
I feel like he was ambushed or something. Rumples is my first suspect because since he can't leave SB and Emma's gone, August is the other person who can leave. So maybe Rumples took August to have him search for Bae (he was at the border because he pushed August over lol kidding).

More practical would be he just went off looking for Gepetto (or Emma). But it'd be pretty hard to miss a living wooden man walking around.
I think it's more likely that he was ashamed and embarrassed. The magic affecting August is independent of the curse, so he turned back into wood because he wasn't the 'good boy' he promised to be. So to have to go out and face everyone, including his father, Jiminy and the Blue Fairy was probably a bit much for him.

Gepetto would be too glad to have his son back to care, I think, and I think if he's been working with August a bit in the days before the curse broke he must have come to know him a little so he would understand.

Besides, now that August is wood again, I'm not so sure he can leave. He's dependent on magic to keep him alive now, which he wasn't before, and there is no magic outside of SB.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, seriously, guys, where was he when Gepetto came to his apartment? Any theories? As the magic didn't turn him back into human form, was he taken by someone else?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I literally screamed when i saw they were in his room and they started showing the puppet (kinda felt sad he was still in that form but yeah i get him being wood has nothing to do with the curse)
and here i was thinking the worse that they'd forget about him so yeahhh verry happy ,i hope he hasnt gone too far my guess is bathroom i don't think they can delay that happy father son reunion for very long
plus i'd like for charming to have a more reliable friend helping him in his search for emma and snow than coocoo mad hatter! plus apart from being friends her protector august needs a quest to earn back his human form asap cause blue fairy is acting pretty clueless for a fairy so i wouldnt count on her to turn him back plus he needs to make it up to emma he did bailed on her as a kid, now here is a character that is redeemable unlike evil regina!!!

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

edit:sorry for sorta double post but i thought it hadnt registered my post as page didnt uplod and then when it did i couldnt see it anywhere! so i tried to remember what i said
very happy he's back ! i was so relieved yeahhhhhh
hoping for gepetto and pinocchio reunion asap
so he can go on his quest to be a human man again by saving emma and snow for charming, charming can use the help as cray-cray hatter isnt the most reliable person!
team emma and august (because he had her at first sight of his mysterious box and stubble) go look for your gal i bet he'd be quite resourceful in ftl

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys this was from the recent Once podcast:

Quote:
Estelle: And at the beginning of the episode we see Pinocchio blink, but when Gepetto looks for him at the end of the episode, he’s gone. Why didn’t Pinocchio look for Gepetto?
Eddie: That is a great question. The question is: why didn’t he want to see his father? And is it because he has an agenda? Is it because he’s ashamed? So I think that’s kind of one of the mysteries we have starting the new season.
Adam: Yeah, I mean, we see that after the curse broke he was still wood, and the unfortunate thing for him, apparently, is that he turned completely to wood before the curse broke. So that’s what he was, and now, when he blinks we realize, you know, he’s alive and something’s going on with him.
Eddie: We saw in his episode last year, the Blue Fairy said ‘as long as you’re brave, unselfish, and true, you can be a real boy’ and he is no longer a real man, so perhaps his task that he was meant to do, he came to it too late and now he’s paying the price for it.
Estelle: I feel like he was brave last year, though.
Eddie: Well, he was brave, sure, but you know, he also abandoned Emma. And he abandoned the mission and he went off to Pukhet to have fun, so.
Adam: Why that happened and what happened to him is something that we intend to get to.
Eddie: Yes.
Adam: To show you, this is not the last you will be seeing of our Pinocchio character.
[transcript source]
1. So they're implying that August probably disappeared out of shame? He could hide his embarrassment (failing his father etc) behind his flesh but since he's a (living) wooden man now, he's pretty much screwed. It'd be obvious that he failed.

2. DO I SMELL AN AUGUST BACK STORY OR DO I SMELL AN AUGUST BACK STORY?! OMGGGG they are SO going to explain his past and why he abandoned Emma! Meaning FLASHBACKS. I knew it! There's more to him and there was a reason he stopped looking for her. I AM SO EXCITED AHHHHH! The idea of an August-centric episode in the future is doing something to my insides!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelesslonging (View Post)
1. So they're implying that August probably disappeared out of shame? He could hide his embarrassment (failing his father etc) behind his flesh but since he's a (living) wooden man now, he's pretty much screwed. It'd be obvious that he failed.

2. DO I SMELL AN AUGUST BACK STORY OR DO I SMELL AN AUGUST BACK STORY?! OMGGGG they are SO going to explain his past and why he abandoned Emma! Meaning FLASHBACKS. I knew it! There's more to him and there was a reason he stopped looking for her. I AM SO EXCITED AHHHHH! The idea of an August-centric episode in the future is doing something to my insides!
That he had hidden himself from shame was pretty much what I assumed anyway.

OMG, please let them do an August backstory! I'm so glad, because it sounds like they're sticking with him!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

I was just about to mention the podcast. When I listened to it I was like "OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS!".

I really hope we'll get to see an August backstory. And I wouldn't mind if that backstory somehow crossed with Emma's.
Stana Katic
Stanatics BrasilCami
Old 10-09-2012, 06:59 AM
New Fan

Why the hell is he not still a regular?!? GRRRRR.

Okay, with that out of the way, I find this very interesting. There was a lot of speculation last year that he knew Baelfire somehow because he knew about the dagger and that Rumple had a son. And with talk of a possible agenda and the "why" and "what" of Pukhet, I have to think that he knows someone with a relationship to the proceedings. And who else would or could that be?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was hiding out of shame either. Even though Marco sort of forgave him last year and Geppetto would definitely forgive him, it must be hard to have your failure be written all over your body. And he did spend most of his life as a "real boy," so turning back into wood is probably not fun for him ...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
I think if he's been working with August a bit in the days before the curse broke he must have come to know him a little so he would understand.
There was only 1-2 days between ep.20 and 22. Sadly I don't think they met more than once
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 AM
New Fan

Hi, I'm Spanish and I'm August / Pinocchio's fan.

I don't speak English well, and, moreover, I have only seen the first season and I can't see the second yet (although I don't mind reading spoilers), but wanted to ask you if I can post here occasionally.

Is that so far I have not found any forum exclusively dedicated to this character in my language. There are about the series, but not about the character.

Greetings.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaquelOUAT (View Post)
Hi, I'm Spanish and I'm August / Pinocchio's fan.

I don't speak English well, and, moreover, I have only seen the first season and I can't see the second yet (although I don't mind reading spoilers), but wanted to ask you if I can post here occasionally.

Is that so far I have not found any forum exclusively dedicated to this character in my language. There are about the series, but not about the character.

Greetings.
Hi Raquel!

I haven't found many places that talk about him either. I think we need all the fans we can find! Welcome!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Hi Raquel!

I haven't found many places that talk about him either. I think we need all the fans we can find! Welcome!
Thank you!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome Raquel
Would you like to be added to the fans list?

Backstory on August is a must. I want it!
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie