Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I've seen a lot of August hate. Some people say he's just a replacement for Graham, others are mad for what he did to Rumple.

Rumple is my favorite character by far, and I can forgive August. It's a bit hypocritical for some Rumple fans to excuse many of the horrible things he does, yet act like August is so horrible because of one thing. He was desperate because he was dying. Was it a nice thing to do? No, but people screw up sometimes. He felt he had no other choice. I don't know why some people get a free pass, while others don't.

I hope we get more scenes of him with Henry, I love the relationship between them.

I love August and hope to see much more of him.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
Yeah I've seen a lot of August hate. Some people say he's just a replacement for Graham, others are mad for what he did to Rumple.

Rumple is my favorite character by far, and I can forgive August. It's a bit hypocritical for some Rumple fans to excuse many of the horrible things he does, yet act like August is so horrible because of one thing. He was desperate because he was dying. Was it a nice thing to do? No, but people screw up sometimes. He felt he had no other choice. I don't know why some people get a free pass, while others don't.

I hope we get more scenes of him with Henry, I love the relationship between them.

I love August and hope to see much more of him.
I forgive August, but I was just crushed watching Gold as he opened up to "Bae" - Robert broke my heart.

I find that people were very hard on Gepetto as well for trying to save his son and even for his nasty comment to Jiminy referencing what he did to Gepetto's parents. To me, that comment made Gepetto human; he loves Jiminy dearly, but when you are frustrated, you sometimes lash out. I do not by any means think that Gepetto held it against Jiminy for all those many years and I think he regretted his comment afterwards.

I think some are too harsh on a 7 year old Pinocchio for "abandoning" Emma. In any case, I think Eoin is terrific and I really want Pinocchio to recover and reunite with his father.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I think back to August getting down on his knees to look Henry in the eyes instead of looking down on him. I melted when he said that he just wanted to spend his remaining time with his father.........
That scene was too precious
The way he went down on his knees; it was so
well played how stiff and painful the movement
was for him.
And when Henry asked if everyone was giving up,
he was so shameful and sad about having to
disappoint the boy
I don't think he got to visit Marco more than
that first time. He died the day after Henry's visit

Last edited by Kjammi; 06-26-2012 at 04:59 PM
Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I forgive August, but I was just crushed watching Gold as he opened up to "Bae" - Robert broke my heart.

I find that people were very hard on Gepetto as well for trying to save his son and even for his nasty comment to Jiminy referencing what he did to Gepetto's parents. To me, that comment made Gepetto human; he loves Jiminy dearly, but when you are frustrated, you sometimes lash out. I do not by any means think that Gepetto held it against Jiminy for all those many years and I think he regretted his comment afterwards.

I think some are too harsh on a 7 year old Pinocchio for "abandoning" Emma. In any case, I think Eoin is terrific and I really want Pinocchio to recover and reunite with his father.
Yes, I felt very bad for Gold too.

I also felt very bad for Bae when his father chose his powers over him and let him enter a strange new world all alone. I can love Rumple and accept that he's flawed, that he screws up.

I love Geppetto. All he wanted was to save his boy, that's what's any good parent would do. Look at Rumple, he stripped away everyone's memories and transported them to a new world just to find his son. They are similar in that sense...they will do anything for their child.

Yeah, I really can't get mad at a 7 year old, lol.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Bee.

I've wondered why they haven't had Eion do a bit more publicity. I've seen a few people unaware of him actually being a regular.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakls (View Post)
Thanks Bee.

I've wondered why they haven't had Eion do a bit more publicity. I've seen a few people unaware of him actually being a regular.
Yeah I find this very strange. When they made him a regular mid-season, there were no announcements made about it. People just figured it out when they saw his name in the press releases.

Very few people seem to like him. Most people either hate him, or just don't care about him. Because of this, I worry that the execs might change their minds and kill him off eventually, or demote him to guest star. When a character wasn't well received on Lost, they were always killed off.

Hopefully next season he'll gain more fans.

Last edited by taragenie; 06-26-2012 at 05:19 PM
Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I felt very bad for Gold too.

I also felt very bad for Bae when his father chose his powers over him and let him enter a strange new world all alone. I can love Rumple and accept that he's flawed, that he screws up.

I love Geppetto. All he wanted was to save his boy, that's what's any good parent would do. Look at Rumple, he stripped away everyone's memories and transported them to a new world just to find his son. They are similar in that sense...they will do anything for their child.

Yeah, I really can't get mad at a 7 year old, lol.
Oh so did I........really, the casting on this show is phenomenal. I love all the actors - even the kids, who are amazing. The young Pinocchio is ridiculously adorable, young Bae was very convincing (and cute as well) and please - young Snow White looked like a mini-Ginny and was terrific.

I think the idea of parental love on ONCE is very strong.....and I think it's wonderful. Good comparison of Gepetto and Rumple, too.

Quote:
That scene was too precious
The way he went down on his knees; it was so
well played how stiff and painful the movement
was for him.
And when Henry asked if everyone was giving up,
he was so shameful and sad about having to
disappoint the boy
I don't think he got to visit Marco more than
that first time. He died the day after Henry's visit
Yep, agreed. Gepetto is going to be crushed............sob.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I would hate for any character on this show to be killed off.

Hopefully they promote him more during S2.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Very few people seem to like him. Most people either hate him, or just don't care about him. Because of this, I worry that the execs might change their minds and kill him off eventually, or demote him to guest star. When a character wasn't well received on Lost, they were always killed off.
This is my very fear!!! I've been pestering people in the Emma/August thread with it for weeks now. I really wish we had some more confirmation that he'd be back (an interview, or if he was going to go to Comic Con, or something)!

He doesn't seem to have many of high intensity fans who hang out on tumblr and stuff, but I try to make myself feel better by realizing that's not representative of the whole fan base. Mo Ryan is a big fan of the character and she's a pretty well known critic. And the recapper at the A.V. Club is also a big fan, and that site is pretty popular. The recapper at io9 also likes him. It's more of a sci-fi niche site, but a well respected one.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that now that the mystery surrounding him is over, the character can develop a little more naturally and he'll gain fans.

I'm also hoping that the reason he's not doing interviews and stuff is because the writers are trying to keep the resolution of his storyline a surprise and want us to worry about him all summer ...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I worry that the execs might change their minds and kill him off eventually, or demote him to guest star. When a character wasn't well received on Lost, they were always killed off.

Hopefully next season he'll gain more fans.
I don't think they'll kill him, since they've done it once already.
Demoted to guest is more likely, if/when they feel his story
is "done". Or he could be sent to another world and not
come back.
The A&E ship is obviously slowly sinking too,
since he isn't popular enough.
I am fearful right now
Old 06-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Extreme Fan

This is really late, but...

TFTNT!!!

And they better not kill off August. I. WILL. RAGE.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjammi (View Post)
I don't think they'll kill him, since they've done it once already.
Demoted to guest is more likely, if/when they feel his story
is "done". Or he could be sent to another world and not
come back.
The A&E ship is obviously slowly sinking too,
since he isn't popular enough.
I am fearful right now
I don't think A&E belong together. I kind of think he's more like her brother or cousin. The idea of them being romantic when, as a 7 year old, he was kissing her forehead, is just really weird.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think A&E belong together. I kind of think he's more like her brother or cousin. The idea of them being romantic when, as a 7 year old, he was kissing her forehead, is just really weird.
Oh well. It probably won't happen anyway so I'm not going to argue
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Poor baby Even if he and Emma don't work out, I hope they keep him on the show

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Let's be respectful of everyone's else ships.

I don't see him going anywhere.