Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She sounds wise about the last part. In real life Hook and Charming would have had a ton of head injuries
Old 02-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw this and thought about You-Know-Who.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

nice
Old 02-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

LOL
Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Passionate Fan

It's all in which crocodiles you know, isn't it?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

This person over on tumblr has been making great theories about Rumplestiltskin and what's happening to him this season, if you got a spare mo, have a read
Old 02-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
This person over on tumblr has been making great theories about Rumplestiltskin and what's happening to him this season, if you got a spare mo, have a read
Very interesting! I know I'm not convinced that all is at it seems. My biggest thought from the beginning was that Rumple was being set up, with the hat container being left out so conveniently for Rumple to find. One observation fantasymaven made that I don't understand is this:

Did you notice that the Ice Queen basically went beserk because one of her sisters betrayed her and took her political power?

Okay, I'm not recalling that. When did that happen?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
Very interesting! I know I'm not convinced that all is at it seems. My biggest thought from the beginning was that Rumple was being set up, with the hat container being left out so conveniently for Rumple to find. One observation fantasymaven made that I don't understand is this:

Did you notice that the Ice Queen basically went beserk because one of her sisters betrayed her and took her political power?

Okay, I'm not recalling that. When did that happen?
It could be argued that what really cracked Ingrid's mind was being betrayed by her youngest sister, who stuck her in an urn and became queen in her place, although I think Helga's death deserves at least equal billing.

From his meeting with Anna, it seems that Rumple still has to obey certain commands made with the dagger even after the dagger is back in his possession. This means there may be commands left over from Zelena or others he still has to obey.

Also, can there be commands that are passed down from one Dark One to another? I'm guessing not, or Rumple might have had been more limited in taking out Hordor and others associated with the Duke, but you never know.

But, more importantly, how can you free Rumple from past commands you don't know about? Could you have a general manumission, cancelling out all previous commands? Would Rumple need someone else to command him to do this on the dagger since he can't do it himself?

If so, what happens if someone uses the dagger to command him to no longer obey commands made on the dagger? Could Rumple be freed that easily?

Quote:
Interesting. I want to add a couple of things:

In the realm of heroes behaving badly, I think 4a gives us an Anna who almost murdered everyone in Storybrooke.

Really.

OK, an Anna who almost involuntarily manslaughtered everyone in SB. I'm sure that would have been a great comfort to the pile of corpses that almost happened because of her.

Remember when Rumple makes his deal with Ingrid to let him take Belle and Henry? He tells her, if she kills them, "I'll be here, too, spending every waking moment of my immortal life trying to rip your heart out."

Trying? TRYING!? Ingrid murders Belle and Henry horribly, and the best Rumple's got is TRYING!?

Also, notice all those times Rumple didn't attack Ingrid? Even when she'd done things like cast the mirror spell on Belle?

Back when Anna had the dagger, she ordered Rumple not to harm her sister, not Elsa, her SISTER. Later, Ingrid tried to get Anna in the all-sisters-ribbon club but it didn't go over the way she'd hoped. Still, I think it was enough that, as far as Rumple's curse was concerned, Ingrid was off-limits.

So, what does Rumple do? What would have happened if Emma had gone into the hat?

Two things. First, Ingrid wouldn't have cast the mirror curse. With only one sister, she wasn't just short her psychotically required total, her ribbon collection likely wouldn't have protected Elsa from the curse.

Second, Rumple would have been free of the dagger--and the order not to hurt Anna's sister--in time for it to do some good.

Btw, Elsa (hero) was also quite willing to sacrifice everyone in town to go looking for Anna and use the wishing star that could have protected thousands of lives to save just one (and she didn't even have the excuse of knowing Anna would be in mortal danger when she did it).

There's also the question of what Rumple would have done once he'd activated the hat. Ingrid's curse would have been going for quite some time at that point. We can assume a lot of people would have been dead by then. Would Rumple have left without risking an attack on Ingrid that might have endangered what was left of his family? Would there be anyone else left to save? Or would he have taken her on?

Last edited by Kelaine; 02-16-2015 at 11:23 PM
Old 02-17-2015, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Kel, I think he would have gotten over that line as soon as he could....with Belle and Henry

All interesting thoughts and questions there , considering the hat, I still want to know why the hell it was lying around like that, anyone could have took it.

I'm just hoping some of them will be answered in 4b...
Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Your right! She should win best meta writer in TEA next year! I link a lot of her metas but some have spoilers so I can only link them on couples forum!
Old 02-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

indeed, I've been going over her meta and makes great points and also some things I missed as well
Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Passionate Fan

If anyone wants, the next chapter of Silence of Cries Unheard is up. Belle is still drowning in guilt, and the things Will has to tell her about magical enslavement don't help.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1096810...-Cries-Unheard

Quote:
Kel, I think he would have gotten over that line as soon as he could....with Belle and Henry
You're probably right. But, I think it's interesting that many of the things Rumple did were also things the heroes were doing, although we had more knowledge of their motivations--which makes a difference. This included a willingness to sacrifice . . . let's see . . . everyone to save one person they cared about.

And the irony that Anna--however innocently--could have been responsible if everyone had died. Add to that the greater irony that, however dark Rumple may be, he's frequently responsible for everyone not dying.

But, the biggest irony may be Anna's misperceptions about Rumple. There were a lot of ironies based on how she perceived things and how those perceptions were shaped.

1. When Anna only has Mr. Gold's actions to judge him on (not having met him in SB), she thinks he must be a kind person. Her knowledge is incomplete but, in a way, it may be more accurate than her other judgments. It's untainted by personalities or Gold's own insistence (and the insistence of others) that he's a bad person.

2. When Anna decides Rumplestiltskin is evil, it is based on incomplete information. She doesn't know why he desperately wants the hat. She also doesn't know that the Apprentice is likely not the sweet man she believes him to be.

Because of this--

3. If Belle had followed Anna's advice about Rumple, her people would have died. If Anna had used Rumple's name and convinced Belle calling on him was worse than facing the Ogres, bye-bye Marchlands. This is ironic because it's a good bet Belle would make that deal again, even after events of the last episode.

4. Anna nearly killed Storybrooke. Sorry to keep harping on this, but I really believe it. It was well-intentioned and she was trying to protect her family--but her misperception was that her family would never be so dangerous that they would need someone like Rumple to stop them.

That is she perceived Rumple as a villain and perceived her family as not villains--and she was wrong.

Quote:
All interesting thoughts and questions there , considering the hat, I still want to know why the hell it was lying around like that, anyone could have took it.
It's like someone said about The Wizard of Oz (the real movie, not the Once version). Did you ever notice the bucket of water is just lying in the middle of the witch's castle? Let's say I'm a wicked witch. Let's say I know there's some substance that can, oh, let's sah MELT ME. Do I leave a bucket of it lying around in the middle of my house?
Old 02-20-2015, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Robert visited Disneyland just under a week ago and took over

source

source
Old 02-20-2015, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Nice pics
Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great pictures. He is always so nice with his fans!