Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That would be woah if his father is sort of merged with him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
FTL Rumple in all his DO impishness and sass makes everyone feel better
I hope we see some more of FTL Rumple in the 2nd half, I missed him...
Old 01-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

more of this man and his 25 minute boots

He wears snail slippers too, along with his pj's that are hanging on the line

x
Old 01-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's just the DO curse/addiction/fear/"Zelena-treatment". And I'm ok with that.

When Rumple is in the "Dark One" mode, he tends say things he doesn't necessarily really mean/exaggerate a bit (For example, he told Anna he wanted the hat so he would become "unstoppable" (as if he wanted more power), but she figured out he was just trying to free himself of the dagger), so I wouldn't take the world domination stuff seriously. I think he just wanted to get rid of the dagger and leave SB. With Belle.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Rumple completely went the wrong way about it though, but yeah..

Ahh the boots , I want them , it's brilliant what we know by his washing line
Old 01-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

true.. I really hope that in 4b they focus on that. I want to see onscreen Rumple's struggles with the "DO curse/addiction/fear/"Zelena-treatment" and the fact that he was resurrected from a place called the Vault of the Dark ONe. Sounds like a place where the dead really should stay dead.

SO I hope they touch on all of this during the rest of the season and we see Belle and I'd like a few of the other characters see this and try and persuade him too get back on track. To open up so he can deal with it.

Henry, Charming probably, Regina too I could see all along with Belle trying to help him by giving him a smack but reminding him of the good things he's done and that it's possible to be better.

That he can fight the darkness. I really dont want to see him so outcast and rejected by the town. I get it if they do, but seeing how others ahve been bent on killing and not caring about the town I think he should be given the same chance.

Of course it will also be fun to see Rumple be the beast , the town overreacting and coming with torches and pitchforks to kill him, only to have Belle step in front of everyone and do the whole B&TB thing.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope 4B will get into the DO curse... or at least hint about it. Maybe they want to fully explore that in Season 5?

I've been wanting to do a meta on Rumple and power vs. love for a while now so I think I might do it during this hiatus. I'm doing a rewatch so as I come across stuff I didnt notice before I'm going to be asking for thoughts here, you guys always have great insight.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Thanks. If you want insight just ask..
Old 01-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Passionate Fan

This is nothing against Belle, but I kind of want to see her reaching burnout as she basically has to take over Rumple's role in SB. Not that she hasn't had lots of experience with people charging into the shop and expecting her and Rumple to stop whatever they're doing for whatever the current crisis is. Still, she has to research things instead of immediately knowing the answer thanks to a Dark Curse and 300 years of magic experience.

Instead of instant solutions, she'd have to determine if there was a potion she could put together or a spell she could instruct someone else in doing. Since they no longer have Rumple, the fairies, or one old apprentice, that's a limited selection of someone elses (and then persuading the someone else [and, if Regina doesn't think it's worth 45 minutes of incantations to free Charming from a hangnail, too bad]).

She's the one who has to determine what magical supplies are left and whether or not they can be renewed. If they can't, is it worth using the last of the manticore claw to fix something that can be repaired by a decent mechanic (which they used to have in town--they refer to the people doing repairs when Grumpy caused a blackout in season 1--but they seem to have left town before Snow recast the curse).

And probably getting no thanks for it, just complaints when she can't do what they expect (or when she decides not to solve something with magic), not to mention burnout from doing this and keeping the library going.

Of course, she's also probably having to do this while listening to people talk about how great it is that Rumple is gone and creatively back-construct past events, forgetting anything and everything Rumple did that helped make things better.

No, no bitter fan projection going on there. Absolutely not.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Thanks. If you want insight just ask..
I definitely will. It's amazing what you find when you look back at the older episodes!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh indeed, the little hints and foreshadowing of what was to come
Old 01-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I came across this story that an author I follow wrote about Henry confronting Regina, Emma, and Belle after Heroes and Villains and since he talks about the dark curse and acknowledges events that happened in canon aka the show, I thought fans would be interested. It does not contain spoilers but Henry gives the women some harsh truths that fans of Regina and Hook and even Belle and Emma might not want to hear so don't read it if you think you will be offended. In it Henry had bonded with his grandfather during the first half of season 4 and sets out to free him of his curse. It contains no spoilers but a educated guess on Marian's death in the first timeline. Here is the link if anyone is interested!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10945708/1/
Old 01-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it was a little to extreme for me. I could only read half of it. i am sure if your angry at characters it might be good. However, thanks for posting it. I do believe the fairies will be free from the hat.

Last edited by fox24; 01-04-2015 at 03:50 PM
Old 01-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

I didn't really see it as ooc for Henry. He cares about family, and would want to save his grandfather, even from himself.

Henry has been mad at both Emma and Regina before for not doing what he felt was right. SO I could buy it, especially after you put it in context with the deleted scenes and Henry and Rumple bonding.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's why I edit my post when I remembered he yelled at Regina in s1. I just felt he was a bit extreme in this fic. I guess it's all subjective.

I was listening to a lot of youtube recaps and many finding the hat was a bad trigger. Like a drug addict finding heroin on the first day of rehab
Old 01-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Passionate Fan

When I was Henry's age, it was a lot easier to believe that what you said when you were mad was the 100% truth and everyone else in the room was wrong and would be better off for your telling them so. I have no problem with him exploding like that. I'd have probably done the same.

That said, there was a fair amount of what of what Henry said that I agree with.

Last edited by Kelaine; 01-04-2015 at 04:39 PM