Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 05:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I feel like there was more to the spinsters as well. I've wondered if there hasn't been, all along, someone controlling everything, behind the scenes with some master plan. Probably won't happen but it's fun to speculate.

Rumple's backstory and even the stuff about crazy Zelena and her stalkerish obsession with him just shows why his "walls were up" when it came to Belle in the Dark Castle. But still you can see that he wants to believe. He wants to believe, deep down, that she loves him but he's afraid to trust her.
When I needed names for them in a story, I called them Orddu and Orgoch, after two of the three fates in The Black Cauldron (the book is much better). I wonder if his Mom is Orwen. Shades of The Ocean st the End of the Lane.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
When I needed names for them in a story, I called them Orddu and Orgoch, after two of the three fates in The Black Cauldron (the book is much better). I wonder if his Mom is Orwen. Shades of The Ocean st the End of the Lane.
I didn't even know the Black Cauldron was a book? Hmmm. I love all those kinds of stories.

I know a lot of people seem to wonder if they'll do more mythology also and more kind of non-fairytale like characters. I guess it depends on how long the show is on the air.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

They've done elements of mythology before, like King Midas, so I could see more of that popping up, especially if the show lasts a long time.

And Rumple will probably have some sort of involvement in all of them, judging by past storylines.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I think so

I love mythology in the show and hope that some of that is in Rumple's journey..
Old 08-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Everyone loves Bobby
He absolutely doesn't need lines. His face can project a thousand thoughts and feelings. One of the reasons we are so in-tuned to Rumple and how A/E want him to be viewed.

Quote:
Kalinda Vazquez and Andrew Chambliss
S03E02 ‘Lost Girl’,
Robert Carlyle, David H. Goodman and Robert Hull.
S03E08 ‘Think Lovely Thoughts’,
Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis
S03E22 ‘There’s No Place Like Home’.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

That's a lot of lovely compliments
Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

that gifset and so true
Old 08-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was too gorgeous not to share :

locations » the gold’s shop
Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I think his childhood was okay after the spinsters adopted him. yes he had the sadness of his Dad abandoning but he at least had stability, love, and foodHe seemed in a good place when he enlisted it was after he met the seer. His life took a turn for the worst.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Everyone loves Bobby
He absolutely doesn't need lines. His face can project a thousand thoughts and feelings. One of the reasons we are so in-tuned to Rumple and how A/E want him to be viewed.
Bobby really deserves those compliments. He's brilliant!

The 3rd one.. lol Bobby!

Quote:
Personally I think his childhood was okay after the spinsters adopted him. yes he had the sadness of his Dad abandoning but he at least had stability, love, and foodHe seemed in a good place when he enlisted it was after he met the seer. His life took a turn for the worst.
Well, I wouldn't say it was just "sadness". I think the boy was pretty devastated. Even after 300 years or so, the straw doll his father gave to him made him cry. The abandonment must have been quite traumatising (Btw, his "abandonment issues" were exactly the reason he was so freaked out by the seer).

But yes, it seemed that the spinsters genuinely cared about him and he had love and stability. I think that's why Rumple grew up into such a gentle and loving man, despite his father.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry it was morning and sadness was the only word that I popped into my head. Yes he was definetly devastated and traumatized.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I'm not so sure of that. We dont know enough about the spinsters, and his father's cowardly, cheating ways followed him. People judged him for what his father was. And to have your father reject you and throw you to a very scary shadow to take you from them has to be traumatic.

I'm sure no matter what the spinsters did, good or bad what Malcolm did would have left a significant imprint, as we know it did. Many think the Spinsters are part of the fates that would have helped arrange all the happened to Rumple good and bad.

In Think Lovely thoughts, and even in Going Home we see a 300 year old man still wanting to "talk" to his father to see his son and see what he did to him. What he made him. He couldn't even react to place his father in Pandora's box because Rumple was still the little boy wanting his father's love.
We saw evidence of mental, emotional and physical abuse by Malcolm in Going Home, I somehow think it was something that has happened before. They way young RUmple promises to be "good" so Malcolm won't leave him, is a sign of a child being abused, blamed for what ever is happening. Children take on things like blame when parents fail.
Much like Milah's abuse to Rumple was evident from the moment he got home and we see it again when Bae was about 6, gives the viewers the inclination that she used emotional and verbal abuse to keep Rumple down since she was unhappy. Malcolm was the same, he was unhappy so he took it out on his son.

The same could be said for Hook. Who supposedly was abandoned by his father, but later we see him happy and healthy being an officer with his brother in the King's Navy. I'm certain his childhood played a role into his so easily becoming a villain later on. It would explain how easily he took to betrayal and become a pirate. Much like Rumple's actions are easily explained by viewing his past and seeing how others had treated him.

I do think that Rumple has at least as many walls up as EMma seeing how they were both considered Lost Boy/Girl and have been abandoned and felt unloved by those who were suppose to love them.

Cam,

I do like seeing Robert get so many compliments. It keeps me hopeful that A/E love Robert and his ability so much that he'll get used and have great stories written for him for a long time. It just curls my toes to see Robert get praise.. lol
Old 08-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I'm not so sure of that. We dont know enough about the spinsters, and his father's cowardly, cheating ways followed him. People judged him for what his father was. And to have your father reject you and throw you to a very scary shadow to take you from them has to be traumatic.

I'm sure no matter what the spinsters did, good or bad what Malcolm did would have left a significant imprint, as we know it did. Many think the Spinsters are part of the fates that would have helped arrange all the happened to Rumple good and bad.

In Think Lovely thoughts, and even in Going Home we see a 300 year old man still wanting to "talk" to his father to see his son and see what he did to him. What he made him. He couldn't even react to place his father in Pandora's box because Rumple was still the little boy wanting his father's love.
We saw evidence of mental, emotional and physical abuse by Malcolm in Going Home, I somehow think it was something that has happened before. They way young RUmple promises to be "good" so Malcolm won't leave him, is a sign of a child being abused, blamed for what ever is happening. Children take on things like blame when parents fail.
Much like Milah's abuse to Rumple was evident from the moment he got home and we see it again when Bae was about 6, gives the viewers the inclination that she used emotional and verbal abuse to keep Rumple down since she was unhappy. Malcolm was the same, he was unhappy so he took it out on his son.

The same could be said for Hook. Who supposedly was abandoned by his father, but later we see him happy and healthy being an officer with his brother in the King's Navy. I'm certain his childhood played a role into his so easily becoming a villain later on. It would explain how easily he took to betrayal and become a pirate. Much like Rumple's actions are easily explained by viewing his past and seeing how others had treated him.

I do think that Rumple has at least as many walls up as EMma seeing how they were both considered Lost Boy/Girl and have been abandoned and felt unloved by those who were suppose to love them.

Cam,

I do like seeing Robert get so many compliments. It keeps me hopeful that A/E love Robert and his ability so much that he'll get used and have great stories written for him for a long time. It just curls my toes to see Robert get praise.. lol
I agree Rhowen! No matter how good the spinsters may have been to him, his father's legacy and knowing his dad threw him away had as much an impact on him as it must have on Bae when Bae found out his mother left him. I have seen personally through a family member how devastating abandonment can be. No matter how my relative tried to make it up to her child, she had a lot of trouble over her dad's abandonment. Now he is back in her life and things are better between them but the scars are there.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

agree with all the points made...
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

I thought you would