Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, I mean Rumple has had to deal with so much pain and loss. Others just had a poor upbringing, but that's what adds drama to show.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

it does. and no matter what I still love him
Old 07-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I will never see Zelena as a victim ,and I don't understand this wanting her back. She wasn't to the level of Rumple or Zelena but she kept a man in a cage for a year. She was a sick stalking psycho. I don't know what else you can call her. She tortured him and she knew his son would die. She got his son killed so she could use Rumple's power. I don't care if she was sitting without power in a cell. I don't like anyone killing. But I don't see her as a victim and never will. She gets zero sympathy for me.

I hardly had any sympathy for Zelena either. But I still believe Rumpel did the wrong thing. I believe it was wrong for him to murder her out of revenge. Whatever travails he had suffered, he doesn't really have an excuse. I think he had fallen back to an old habit - murder for revenge. I hope that one day, he'll admit to Belle that what he had done was wrong and try to break out of this habit. If he doesn't . . . well, it doesn't look good in my eyes.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I hardly had any sympathy for Zelena either. But I still believe Rumpel did the wrong thing. I believe it was wrong for him to murder her out of revenge. Whatever travails he had suffered, he doesn't really have an excuse. I think he had fallen back to an old habit - murder for revenge. I hope that one day, he'll admit to Belle that what he had done was wrong and try to break out of this habit. If he doesn't . . . well, it doesn't look good in my eyes.
He's wrong to kill someone. Yes. I just don't see her as a victim. And he may have thought if she got out she would do everything to get her power back and harm others. But I think also she had pushed him to the point of no return, that he just could not help himself.

But I agree he shouldn't kill anyone. But I can see where was coming from and also I think a case can be made that he has been traumatized and wasn't acting in his right mind at that moment. We'll have to see what they have in store. They said we'll see what he's thinking.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

the gifs..

DO or as Gold .. rumple is so
Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I've been trying to find the right words for how I feel about Rumple killing Zelena (I'm going to call him Rumple for this, I think, because it came a bit more from all of him than just the Gold or DO parts of him).

I remember reading an account by a holocaust survivor. It's been a while, so I may get some details wrong. But, after surviving, the narrator told of being in a displaced persons camp. There was another woman there, another survivor, who wandered around and never spoke to anyone. She had no friends or family. Once, the narrator's mother brought her in to stay with them and tried to talk to her, but it didn't work. Some time later, the young woman drowned herself. The narrator never knew the young woman's story beyond that.

Now, on the one hand, traumatized holocaust survivor. I have no trouble understanding the whys and wherefores behind what she did and grieving for them. On the other hand, I can actually be angry with her. She survived. Her enemies tried to annihilate her, and she survived. If what destroyed her was feeling she didn't deserve that when others didn't, I wish I could go back and tell her that the life she lived would be her gift to those who didn't survive. I wish I could tell her something that would give her what she needed to deal with her demons.

I'm not trying to make this too over-the-top or compare Zelena to the Nazis. It's just that that's kind of how I feel towards Rumple, that combination of anger and understanding and grief and compassion for him.

If he's acting of his own free and sane will, then I'm mad at him. I'm mad at him for sabotaging his future with Belle, and I'm made at him for doing something ultimately self-destructive. Regardless of how Emma and the Charmings see it, regardless of how Belle sees it, regardless of all the other things that may have driven him to do it, killing Zelena in that way is giving in to a part of his darkness that Rumple had fought against for so long. It's the part of him that considered killing Henry and that was later tempted to leave Henry with Pan and go home to Belle. It's the part that caused the rift between him and Bae in the first place and began all this.

And yet. . . .

And yet, I understand too well why he did it. If I could change time, I would tell one of the Charmings or Emma or Belle to talk to him in a different way. I would ask them to acknowledge what he had been through, to promise justice for him and for Bae. I would tell them to give Rumple the dagger after Zelena's defeat--no stupid attempt to use Belle to do their dirty work or to not acknowledge that using the dagger to enslave him is wrong. But, ask him to, please, wait before exacting revenge. Tell him that, if Neal were alive, he might put a sword through Zelena himself for what she did to Rumple and almost did to Henry and everyone else--but he would not want his father to give into that darkness.

But, while Belle might say that and be able to add, "But, I understand if you can't do that. I think that's what would be best for you. But, maybe I'm wrong. And, whatever choice you make, I understand."

I don't know how the Charmings could say that. Maybe David could, speaking as David, a just man who's also the closest thing Rumple has to a friend, and not Prince Charming, a man who's obligated to uphold the law.

I want someone to say the words that will change what Rumple does.

But, if it can't be changed, I want them to lower the stakes. I want them to acknowledge what was done and for this to be a moment they can move on from--something Rumple can live through instead of self-destruct.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I've been trying to find the right words for how I feel about Rumple killing Zelena (I'm going to call him Rumple for this, I think, because it came a bit more from all of him than just the Gold or DO parts of him).

I remember reading an account by a holocaust survivor. It's been a while, so I may get some details wrong. But, after surviving, the narrator told of being in a displaced persons camp. There was another woman there, another survivor, who wandered around and never spoke to anyone. She had no friends or family. Once, the narrator's mother brought her in to stay with them and tried to talk to her, but it didn't work. Some time later, the young woman drowned herself. The narrator never knew the young woman's story beyond that.

Now, on the one hand, traumatized holocaust survivor. I have no trouble understanding the whys and wherefores behind what she did and grieving for them. On the other hand, I can actually be angry with her. She survived. Her enemies tried to annihilate her, and she survived. If what destroyed her was feeling she didn't deserve that when others didn't, I wish I could go back and tell her that the life she lived would be her gift to those who didn't survive. I wish I could tell her something that would give her what she needed to deal with her demons.

I'm not trying to make this too over-the-top or compare Zelena to the Nazis. It's just that that's kind of how I feel towards Rumple, that combination of anger and understanding and grief and compassion for him.

If he's acting of his own free and sane will, then I'm mad at him. I'm mad at him for sabotaging his future with Belle, and I'm made at him for doing something ultimately self-destructive. Regardless of how Emma and the Charmings see it, regardless of how Belle sees it, regardless of all the other things that may have driven him to do it, killing Zelena in that way is giving in to a part of his darkness that Rumple had fought against for so long. It's the part of him that considered killing Henry and that was later tempted to leave Henry with Pan and go home to Belle. It's the part that caused the rift between him and Bae in the first place and began all this.

And yet. . . .

And yet, I understand too well why he did it. If I could change time, I would tell one of the Charmings or Emma or Belle to talk to him in a different way. I would ask them to acknowledge what he had been through, to promise justice for him and for Bae. I would tell them to give Rumple the dagger after Zelena's defeat--no stupid attempt to use Belle to do their dirty work or to not acknowledge that using the dagger to enslave him is wrong. But, ask him to, please, wait before exacting revenge. Tell him that, if Neal were alive, he might put a sword through Zelena himself for what she did to Rumple and almost did to Henry and everyone else--but he would not want his father to give into that darkness.

But, while Belle might say that and be able to add, "But, I understand if you can't do that. I think that's what would be best for you. But, maybe I'm wrong. And, whatever choice you make, I understand."

I don't know how the Charmings could say that. Maybe David could, speaking as David, a just man who's also the closest thing Rumple has to a friend, and not Prince Charming, a man who's obligated to uphold the law.

I want someone to say the words that will change what Rumple does.

But, if it can't be changed, I want them to lower the stakes. I want them to acknowledge what was done and for this to be a moment they can move on from--something Rumple can live through instead of self-destruct.

All of this. I understand what you're saying and it's true. He was controlled by the dagger as soon as he was alive again. And he is self destructing. He could be doing the lies, etc as part of his own self destruction and feeling that he needs to push Belle away.

I'm mad too, but I understand the why's and what may be the cause.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TBH we don't really know the cause of why he did it until it's been shown....he's been through so much and maybe hitting the self destruct button was why he did what he did with the dagger.

Maybe the DO is fighting with the real self of him possibly
Old 07-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

very true. I am just love reading all the theories.

Either way by the end of this I'll still want to wrap him up and protect him. Even from himself
Old 07-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I think we can all agree with you there. There's so many times I've just wanted to hug him
Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh yeah!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

I hope that Robert really gets to use his acting chops and gets a meaty story. I want to see him onscreen as much as possible
Old 07-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh yeah to that!

source
Old 07-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
All of this. I understand what you're saying and it's true. He was controlled by the dagger as soon as he was alive again. And he is self destructing. He could be doing the lies, etc as part of his own self destruction and feeling that he needs to push Belle away.

I'm mad too, but I understand the why's and what may be the cause.
I understand what your both saying but I am not mad at Rumple, I am mad at Zelena for what she did to him and Neal and Regina for saying he is a villain if he wants or exacts revenge. Are the people rightly mad at Regina and Rumple villains for wanting revenge or wanting to exact justice? No I don't think they are. Do I agree with vigilante justice? Not really, but if the person is a serious threat? Yes I agree with it somewhat.

Zelena didn't have her powers, but she was insane and obsessive and she didn't need her powers to do damage, so I can see why Rumple did what he did. He was afraid of this woman, angry, concerned over the people he loves and willing to do what must be done to eliminate a threat. I still think this act and the lie, even though I am not sure when he switched the daggers, is out of fear. He is like those prisoners of Nazi camps, those three girls who were locked up and raped for 10 years, like Jaycee Duggard! His sense of self, his confidence, and his security were taken from him and I would place money on the fact that what Zelena did is haunting him. He behaved like a soldier suffering from ptsd, remove the threat before it comes after you again. He has not healed and he is going to need Belle, Henry, David, etc to help him heal from what that monster did to him. I don't think he meant to lie to Belle but now that he has been enslaved, he is in a bad place and needs to have the dagger in his possession to feel safe. This does not diminish his trust and love for Belle, it just means that he is not ready to trust himself or even his heart. I think the reason he rushed the wedding is he needed that security that Belle will be with him and is probably hoping her love can help heal him. I also think he doesn't want to lose her and that is why both wanted to be married asap! Now the real work of a marriage begins! I also think that being in the vault did something to him as well. I think going from such darkness to seeing his fears come to life has come crashing down on him and making him cling to whatever love and happiness he can grasp!

I hope Rumbelle can work this out because they are true love and deserve their happiness!