Old 06-21-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

More pics from the Paris convention

Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Those are great But what is he doing in the first one?

Bobby said in some interview that he and Irvine Welsh are both up for doing Trainspotting 3/The Blade Artist, so hopefully we'll see that at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Yep. In this situation, I just don't see that anyone did anything wrong. The lady who did it didn't do it to be sneaky or anything like that. And he said absolutely nothing outrageous or wrong, imo.
I think it's just that people in OUAT fandom tend to be pretty passionate about these characters and their relationships (both romantic and non-romantic). So when Bobby said "his stupid affair with the Queen", some people probably considered it offensive (which is their prerogative. Attacking the "messenger(s)" (or Bobby for that matter), on the other hand, is not), even though he didn't bash the characters or their relationship in general (I think he does like it), and he obviously loves to work with Lana.

icon by me
Old 06-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Yeah, thank you!

Bobby fighting with A & E about GQ? God, I would've loved to see that! Go Bobby! I can totally understand why he didn't like GQ.. And yet the writers decided to do it That just makes me wonder what it would've been like if Bobby hadn't said anything...

Emilie's his buddy I really do hope they will work together again in the future. Please make it happen, Bobby!

And I so agree with him on the inconsistencies and lack of explanations in OUAT being appalling. That's why the show is so frustrating these days. If only the writers would see it too..

Bobby really does seem like such a wonderful guy I'd love to see him live some day, too..
Thanks Betsy for sharing. I thanked everyone who shared on tumblr despite that whole mess.

The fan taped it for personal use because English isn't their first language and they wanted to listen to it so they understood and heard what he said correctly. She only released it because she and other rumbellers were being harassed for their reports and than the person cried illegal. Just nonsense started because God only knows why!

I agreed with him on why people left and I am glad he fought against GQ. I didn't agree with his thoughts that rumple didn't have ptsd but I am not going to make a federal case out of it. he knows the character better than me but personally I think all the characters are suffering from ptsd. His thoughts on season 7 have me nervous so I am going to see how the premiere goes and go from there.

This isn't the first time he criticized the writers. He said plenty when Neal was killed off!

My favorite actor from Days fought the writers like Bobby did and the writers gave in but fired him as well which I am glad didn't happen here!

The ninth dearie, I think Robert said, according to another attendee that Robert doesn't like to do Rumple outside of the show. He is like that with all his characters.

I think Rumple owed Belle an apology on more than GQ which didn't bother me. I think I got most of my anger out during the Scarlet Beauty debacle so my reaction to GQ was,

Here we go again

Same **** different season

The writers don't know the meaning of original story line

I thought if Rumple apologizes for GQ and everything, I want Belle to apologize for scarlet beauty. To me they are both affairs and to say they aren't, well I can't agree with that. Actually it would have been nice if they both apologized on screen because this would have been the perfect way for the writers to apologize to us through the characters. LOl! Again, not going to make a federal case out of it!

I loved what he said about the last scene, the improv, and how everyone gave them their moment alone.

I loved all the stiltskins minus Henry and Jamie, in the same room and I loved Giles and Michael acting as brothers!

All in all, terrific con. Hope we get a chance to see them all again at another con!

Last edited by Grace52373; 06-21-2017 at 12:47 PM
Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I hope we see Bobby at another con one day, and hopefully back at Paris again next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Those are great But what is he doing in the first one?
I have no idea
Old 06-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

The whole thing was ridiculous - and honestly disgusting. Let me say that the person who started the whole thing is a giant hypocrite because (and I made a post on Tumblr) she, just last June, blogged about Emilie's meet and greet.

Someone else just completely lied and said the rules of the con stated NO posting about the M&G along with no filming - but I have the rules (she didn't go, she doesn't have them) and there was NO mention of a prohibition against recapping the M&G. No video filming was allowed and while I think the spirit of the law also includes audio, my friend didn't deserve to be threatened and bullied over this. These idiots (and I'm sorry, they are - they're horrible) have or had no intention of reporting her; they just wanted my friend to feel terrible...... I'm telling you, though, that had they "reported" her to Bobby, he would have taken HER side, not the bullies'.

Bobby will definitely go if asked back, and Emilie as well. I'm hoping Em still gets invited to these things because I love seeing her there and she always has such a good time at these events. As far as I'm concerned, all cons should focus on Bobby and Em, lol.

Begbie's wife in The Blade Artist is MADE for Emilie: blonde, 20 years younger and from California, where she and Begbie (Jim Francis) live.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys,

while it's fine to discuss what happened and disagree with what was done or said as long as it relates to Robert, please remember that FanForum has rules that state anything derogatory towards real people is a no. So please don't use insults and call other fans names when discussing this stuff. Stating you disagree with what they did and why or said is fine, but keep the name calling and insults off of this board, please. Especially since the people involved aren't actually posters on this board.

Thank you

Getting back on topic - I'd love to see a Trainspotting 3 at some point - though perhaps not as a long a wait as it was for T2?

Last edited by Miss Cam; 06-22-2017 at 04:16 AM
Old 06-22-2017, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I don't think there will be a Trainspotting 3 , but 'the Blade Artist' which is a about Begbie could be made....
Old 06-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I really enjoy the dynamic of the whole cast in the Trainspotting movies, so I'd really like a third one even if there is no book to base it on - but yeah, a solo movie or two set in that universe is probably more likely.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

'The Blade Artist' is written by Irvine Welsh, so that would be the next instalment. I know the producer of the 'Trainspotting' series has the rights to the book, so just have to wait and see..
Old 06-22-2017, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I've heard. It's probably the most likely candidate, provided Robert is up for it. The Trainspotting prequel book is probably harder to make a movie with the current cast.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Speaking of T2...Robert at the premier this past January..

Old 06-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
'The Blade Artist' is written by Irvine Welsh, so that would be the next instalment. I know the producer of the 'Trainspotting' series has the rights to the book, so just have to wait and see..
Emilie is MADE for Begbie's wife - blonde, 20 years younger, they live in California.......... Here's hoping!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the reminder, Cam.

Fabulous premiere photo. He knows how to wear a suit!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

He sure does
Old 06-23-2017, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

He looks great there

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I don't think there will be a Trainspotting 3 , but 'the Blade Artist' which is a about Begbie could be made....
I thought T3 and The Blade Artist are the same thing?

I really hope they will make that movie. As you said it's all about Begbie, which means plenty of Bobby screen time.. And, at best, it's an opportunity for him and Emilie to work together again.

icon by me