Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Yeah I did read that too regarding M+G, but as the people have said, they had to post it, because some posters were saying 'oh that can't be right, I need proof' some people

Robert would know it would get repeated, it's a social media world out there and it shows that he didn't really care whether it got repeated or not. He could have not chosen to say anything about that particular subject, but he did and good for him
I am so proud of him.
Belleislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Me too, our hero

"A fresh start. A Happy Ending." "No, a Happy Beginning"

crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Me too, our hero
I don't think M&Gs are expected to be confidential; all of these actors know that what they say will be shared by the few fans there to others, even if it was to only the fans at the con.

Bobby knew exactly what he was saying - and why should he care what Adam and Eddy think? Did they care when they wrote GQ even though fought them on it for several reasons? What are they going to do to him that they haven't already done? He's got WAY too much clout - A/E will just have to deal with it.

I LOVE how hard he fought for Emilie, how his friendship with her was a big part of why he was so hurt and upset
Old 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Thank you !

The Ninth Dearie, sorry - no. To be honest, I never considered it - and Bobby doesn't really like to have to do those things on cue
I didn't mean to sound like I was demanding it. I was just asking if Robert said Dearie?
The Ninth Dearie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I think Bobby, with what has happened regarding storylines and characters thought I'm going to give a true account, which he did

It tells us that he cares for the character that he said this..

If people are a bit shocked by this, well it's a not a new thing, he's been straight off the cuff for years..

Old 06-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Once Upon A Time

Not surprised Robert speaks his mind - always done that. I rather agree with a lot of his critisisms of the show - and I have my own as well.

Recording the whole thing (and then releasing it publicly) without permission I would find a bit offputting, though. Dunno what the circumstances of the recording was, but I sure hope it wasn't done without Robert's agreement. Was video banned at this M&G thing, or was it allowed?

Last edited by Miss Cam; 06-19-2017 at 01:26 PM
Miss Cam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Not surprised Robert speaks his mind - always done that. I rather agree with a lot of his critisisms of the show - and I have my own as well.

Recording the whole thing (and then releasing it publicly) without permission I would find offputting, though - in some countries that's straight up not legal. Dunno about France or what the circumstances of the recording was, but I sure hope it wasn't done without Robert's agreement. Was video banned at this M&G thing, or was it allowed?
Yeah, that's a good question. It doesn't sound like the person intended to put it out there but only did after some people were saying Rumbelle fans were lying or misleading people. I'm not quite sure what he said that was so unbelievable. I never thought he liked GQ and he's made remarks about some of the stories before. I'm sure he still likes A&E and his other costars or he wouldn't stay another year. Doesn't mean he has to like everything.

I think in this day and age where everyone can record you on your phone, if you don't want something out there, then don't say it. But I also take the point that taping someone's conversation is illegal.

I'm just not sure this would be considered a "private" conversation though as far as breaking the law. It's something where the actor certainly knows that people will repeat what they say. But I can see why the taping part of it is iffy as far as consent but yet I can see the other point of view as well. If he had told people, "don't tell anyone what I'm about to say" that may have been different? I don't know. But I agree with what he said.

I do think too much is being made of this elsewhere. I just find it hard to believe people are morally outraged about this or that it's a big deal. I mean it's being compared to Lana being groped and other kinds of things and I think that's going a bit far. Someone was being called a liar and they provided proof they weren't lying. I certainly don't think it warrants the name calling and so on that's going on or remarks aimed at RC, saying he's "unprofessional."

I just hope he doesn't see some of this stuff and decide not to do more cons. It sounds like he had a great time and was also great with the fans, as usual.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Yeah, that's a good question. It doesn't sound like the person intended to put it out there but only did after some people were saying Rumbelle fans were lying or misleading people. I'm not quite sure what he said that was so unbelievable. I never thought he liked GQ and he's made remarks about some of the stories before. I'm sure he still likes A&E and his other costars or he wouldn't stay another year. Doesn't mean he has to like everything.

I think in this day and age where everyone can record you on your phone, if you don't want something out there, then don't say it. But I also take the point that taping someone's conversation is illegal.

I'm just not sure this would be considered a "private" conversation though as far as breaking the law. It's something where the actor certainly knows that people will repeat what they say. But I can see why the taping part of it is iffy as far as consent but yet I can see the other point of view as well. If he had told people, "don't tell anyone what I'm about to say" that may have been different? I don't know. But I agree with what he said.

I do think too much is being made of this elsewhere. I just find it hard to believe people are morally outraged about this or that it's a big deal. I mean it's being compared to Lana being groped and other kinds of things and I think that's going a bit far. Someone was being called a liar and they provided proof they weren't lying. I certainly don't think it warrants the name calling and so on that's going on or remarks aimed at RC, saying he's "unprofessional."

I just hope he doesn't see some of this stuff and decide not to do more cons. It sounds like he had a great time and was also great with the fans, as usual.
I thought it was an AUDIO recording, not a video, and this person only took it because she couldn't understand what Bobby was saying because of his accent. I do think it would've been polite to ask his permission, but I don't think any harm was done... Bobby's honesty/bluntness is not a new thing, and I actually thought what he said was pretty mild (coming from him). The writers obviously already know how he feels (and I bet that conversation was more.. heated), and he's not even the only actor who's said they didn't like GQ (Lana wasn't a fan either, and I think Emilie said at another convention that she felt "completely betrayed". I guess people thought she was joking?). And yeah, I'm pretty sure Bobby knew that what was said in the M&G wouldn't remain, well, private..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond
Robert would know it would get repeated, it's a social media world out there and it shows that he didn't really care whether it got repeated or not. He could have not chosen to say anything about that particular subject, but he did and good for him
I just love and respect him more for that (even if his honesty hurts sometimes)

icon by me
Seamstress90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

and it was an audio recording...

Permission would have been a good thing , but yes only thing really is that I hope Robert doesn't get blowback from this... mind you it's his last season and as Seamstress and others on media have said, Robert isn't the only one to speak his mind. I think it's mild too..and I do think people saying he is unprofessional is .

and basically everyone agreeing with what he said .

Yeah I'm hoping he does some more cons in the future as from pictures and reports it does look like he had a lovely weekend

Robert

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 06-20-2017 at 05:26 AM
Old 06-20-2017, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

dp..

Old 06-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
and it was an audio recording...

Permission would have been a good thing , but yes only thing really is that I hope Robert doesn't get blowback from this... mind you it's his last season and as Seamstress and others on media have said, Robert isn't the only one to speak his mind. I think it's mild too..and I do think people saying he is unprofessional is .

and basically everyone agreeing with what he said .

Yeah I'm hoping he does some more cons in the future as from pictures and reports it does look like he had a lovely weekend

Robert
I just using the phone analogy to show that people are getting taped all over the place. It's unfortunately the world we live in. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad.

But this poor woman who revealed this has been treated horribly by some of the fans. She hadn't intended to tape it for release to the public. Sadly, Rumbelle fans were being called liars pretty much so I guess that's why she released just a portion of it. This actor in particular has said things like this a lot and has never backed down or criticized anyone for repeating it.

Plus, a lot of the other actors, including Lana, etc., have in the past made public comments about things they didn't like about the show. And I applaud her for that as well. But he's unprofessional? It's absurd and so is the way this has been overblown. This stuff about white male privilege just makes me laugh. When one of the actresses does it how is that white male privilege?

What exactly should he not have said? What was so wrong?

His characters is married to his true love and she was having his baby. They are Beauty and the Beast. Married. In love. She's his leading lady. Did people think he really liked GQ or it's wrong for him to say he hated it? He should have been what, loyal to the 5 GQ fans and spit on the fans of his actual pairing that's been a hit since Season 1?

I just don't understand what was so bad about any of this. This is a free country. You are allowed to not always agree with your employer. He didn't say he hated them. Just that he didn't agree with some of the writing choices. He's not a robot.

And these M&Gs are not secret society meetings. If the actors don't want what they say repeated, don't say it. The people they are meeting with are not friends or acquaintances. They are total strangers.

Rant over. I adore him. That's all.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It has definitely been overblown and it all started by one fandom person saying she didn't believe what the poster said

Robert is our star

Old 06-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It has definitely been overblown and it all started by one fandom person saying she didn't believe what the poster said

Robert is our star
Yep. In this situation, I just don't see that anyone did anything wrong. The lady who did it didn't do it to be sneaky or anything like that. And he said absolutely nothing outrageous or wrong, imo.

But I don't mean to bring fandom drama here. I'm done for now until the show ends. I can't wait to hear what his next project will be!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I can't wait either , I know his project regarding him being a hit man is a bit way off atm, but maybe something just after OUAT..

Old 06-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Once Upon A Time

I'm just really iffy about taping conversations without permission in general, but I am sorry there was actual harassment over it. It sounds like it wasn't done in ill will, so harassment is taking it way too far.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robert does another movie back in the UK after OUAT ends, but we have to wait and see what comes, I guess.