125. Jinzle
126. ~♥~My Lonely Angel~♥~
127. Daina91880
128. Glader|4|Life
129. ♕Misha's Minion♕
130. HaylijahღEndgame
131. T'Lynn

source

(On Rumplestiltskin's voice)“There’s no way I could speak in my normal voice while looking so extraordinary and while having this bizarre stuff to say,” the actor reasoned. “I tried many different types of voices and the thing that I landed on was completely by chance, really, thanks to my son. He was wandering though the house making these high-pitched voices and sounds I thought, ‘Rumpelstiltskin has a child-like quality to him, he kind of enjoys gleefully tricking people.’”

source

There's something about these performances in the past few years. In a slight sense it’s about age but without a doubt it has also given me what I used to call weight. I remember when I was in Scotland and I first started acting with these older actors and they had weight. They didn’t have to act. It was just there. I think I’m finally on that path to gravitas.“

“I feel with TV you’re allowed more freedom. With television there’s more time to create something through the episodes. The fact that you’re working harder on the surface seems more difficult, but you get into a way of working where if you’re not allowed to stop and breathe and think about it, you just go on instinctively, which is the way I prefer anyway. It becomes a more spontaneous thing.”

(about Mr Gold) “I try to keep him absolutely neutral,” he says. “I almost do [Mr. Gold] in slow motion. It’s the exact opposite of what I’m doing with Rumpelstiltskin. He resonates calm. There’s not many times as an actor you get to play the opposite ends of the scale.”

source

“I’ll spare you the actors’ pretentious rubbish, but a face reflects experience, so if you concentrate on a character something happens to you physically. Many actors look at the costume before the part, and that seems crazy to me. It’s much more fun to be ugly. Not that I think I’m ugly, but I’ve never considered myself good-looking.”

Fairytale Scene of the Moment

source

Storybrooke Scene of the Moment

source

“I guess, if I’ve got any role to play, I think I have to give a voice to the people who don’t have a voice. Thinking back to my childhood, the wee guy from the east end of Glasgow, this wee guy who was nothing, well I’ve made a career out of playing guys who are less than nothing. You know when you’re thinking about “is it possible for someone to come from nowhere?” then the answer is absolutely yes. But I tell you this: don’t think back. Thinking back can tie you up in knots and make you doubt yourself. Keep going forward, keep that water moving.”
source

Last edited by Miss Cam; 12-23-2014 at 02:46 PM
Old 12-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

source

Baby Rumple
Source

“For me, it’s a voyage of self-discovery. I’m able to go on a set and to explore situations, personalities, people and characters that are close to me, or maybe not. Through going there and experiencing these different people and their situations, it helps me to get oriented and develop as a human being. So, acting is fundamental to who I am.”

It gave me the opportunity to define this character for a whole new generation… certain parts you play all you’re thinking about perhaps is oh… voice or maybe movement. This was a combination of everything. I had to think about how he was going to move, how he was going to look, how he was going to sound… my six year old son is always wandering about the house with a strange voice saying [random noises] and I was like…”
source

source

source

source

Future Thread Titles
"He is such a joy to work with".- Ginnifer
"I like Robert Carlyle's Rumplestiltskin. He does such a good job." - Jared
"I love how Carlyle says, 'I make gold.' He is amazing! - Jane Espenson
"He's amazing." - Emilie
“I really love what Robert has done with Rumple, and I love Mr. Gold." - Emilie
"They’re similar in a sense, obviously, but the subtle differences are cool." - Emilie
"He gives the character so much power, but in this episode his walls tumble down." - Emilie
"It's scary for him. And he plays that so beautifully." - Emilie
"You know what you love. Now go kill it."
"You owe me a favour. Something pre-cious."
Because he makes fairy godmothers go...*BOOM*
Because his agreements are always honoured.
"It is kind of hard to be afraid of you, as you're lovely and wonderful." - Ginnifer
"So brave, so gallant, so pointless...."
"Oh confidence. I like it"
"I mean, it's a miracle the timeline hasn't imploded already. Amateurs"
Memories are pain. Pain is Strength.
"Let's just say we bury the hatchet?" "Yes, but why not in your skull?"
Rumple bumple isn't here. Rumple bumple gone my dear
Dead. Dead. SO much better dead.
Round and round the circle of time, racing towards the finish line
A gentleman always makes amends for his failings.
"I'm not your doll"
"So be a good little Dark One , and go back to your cage"
All the voices in my head. Will be quiet when I'm dead.
Spinning. Cleans the mind, soothes the soul.
"And each time, I meticulously undid all the good. Neal is still gone, the town is still in danger and Belle, for better or worse, she knows who I am and that’s the man who always chooses power.”
"I love her for that, but I fear she's quite likely wrong"
"Dark One lies. Dark One tricks"
""I'll be here too, spending every waking moment of my immortal life trying to rip your heart out."

x

Previous Threads
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 |07 | 08 | 09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40
41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50
51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60
61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 72

Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

I can change the title if you want. I dont remember the exact quote that Cam had but that's a good one too. and Violet, I do like the deluded ramblings he had as well. I just can't recall them exactly.

I forgot to answer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
...Where is that from?

And Rhonwen--I was browsing Tumblr; was that you speculating about Rumple developing a shoe fetish? Because that is already canon. Look at Cinderella's glass slipper (the memorable detail), Emma's magical makeover crocodile shoes, and Belle's adorable little kitten heels in the DC. Belle doesn't wear those stilettos for her health. (Notice how she was mostly in wedges while Rumple was a prisoner)

That pic was from Marilyn Hotchkiss's ballroom dance and charm school.. He and Marisa Tomeii have a sexy scene in his bakery shop

ANd yes that show fetish question was mine.. Straggle was posting all the heels the looked dangerous and all I thought was Belle wearing them and Rumple liking it maybe too much

Last edited by Rhonwen; 12-11-2014 at 10:05 AM
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TFTNT and great title

Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

WOW!!! OMG!! I forgot how awesome the OP was!!! O_O!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

we do have an awesome op
Old 12-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

It totally is!!! All the enticing leather clad Rumple for ones yes to feast upon!! hahahah!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
we do have an awesome op
That we do

Right whoever put that hat in the love shack mansion, I want to give them a very stern talking to!!

Old 12-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

yes.. The writers placed the hat there. so I'm going to sternly talk to them..

Seriously I am trying hard not to be aggravated with the show. I don't mind Rumple on this bender if they gave us the build up, the why's. I want to root for my man like I always have been. SO hopefully this episode will give us that, even if that mean he's still being a bad boy.

so here's a gif of our sexy beast.. from the deleted moment that should never have been deleted.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Me too

We NEED to know something on Sunday's eppy.....

Yeah that should never have happened , I'll put forward that fact on Sunday

Old 12-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

the problem is there is no context. At least none seen on the show. A/E , Kalinda, all of them can explain to us what is happening(event hat has been vague) but unless it's seen on tv it's lost to most of the audience. And Rumple has been one of the most popular characters on the show. At least in the top 3 with general audience.

So for them to give us this huge turn of him into a loss of humanity DO then they could at least give us a reason..

jekyll/hyde scenario would be a good one. But we need to ee both sides to understand what is happening to him.

Right now he looks as a one dimensional villiand and we know theer is so more more to him.

I will watch this Sunday and ponder the haitus if I will go on. I love Robert , but he's not in it enough to keep me. and as mcuh as I love other aspects of it, this treatment of RUmple is far too much.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
the problem is there is no context. At least none seen on the show. A/E , Kalinda, all of them can explain to us what is happening(event hat has been vague) but unless it's seen on tv it's lost to most of the audience. And Rumple has been one of the most popular characters on the show. At least in the top 3 with general audience.

So for them to give us this huge turn of him into a loss of humanity DO then they could at least give us a reason..

jekyll/hyde scenario would be a good one. But we need to ee both sides to understand what is happening to him.

Right now he looks as a one dimensional villiand and we know theer is so more more to him.

I will watch this Sunday and ponder the haitus if I will go on. I love Robert , but he's not in it enough to keep me. and as mcuh as I love other aspects of it, this treatment of RUmple is far too much.
I agree. This secrecy is getting to everyone. I was looking for spoilers and except for the last interview and some bts pictures, there is nothing and not one interview with Emilie! Something is going on that they are desperate to keep under wraps this time!
Old 12-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread

Please remember now to discuss spoilers, such as interviews and BTS pics here. Interviews, or lack thereof, can be discussed at the spoiler discussion thread, while BTS pcis can be discussed at the spoiler board.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I agree. This secrecy is getting to everyone. I was looking for spoilers and except for the last interview and some bts pictures, there is nothing and not one interview with Emilie! Something is going on that they are desperate to keep under wraps this time!
I'm hoping we get some answers in the next episode. It isn't just the secrecy. As everyone's said, we haven't been getting Gold's POV. We know it's OOC. It's not that Gold can't do some pretty awful stuff--maybe he could do all the stuff we've seen, given the right motives. It's just that the motives that are being hinted at are ones that don't suit him. Currently, we have three possible scenarios:

1. Gold doesn't just want to be free of the dagger while keeping his power, he wants to rule the world. This is important enough to him that the restraints he's always had in the past--telling the truth (even if it's a really bent up version), keeping his promises, and allowing people a choice (no matter how coerced they may feel)--isn't there anymore.

2. Gold is spiraling down in PTSD and addiction, to the point that he no longer cares about his rules or about how his actions may impact the people he loves.

3. Somebody (or multiple somebodies) is/are manipulating Gold. These may be passengers in his head, possibly picked up from the hat or the vault.

My vote is for a combination of 2 and 3, with an emphasis on 3. But, we've seen no real evidence supporting 3 other than the complete change in Gold, the knowledge that three characters from the magical world who don't seem to have been in SB are about to show up, and Rumple's occasional, not characteristic way of talking about himself in the third person--he refers to himself as the Dark One, not Rumplestiltskin, not something he's done before.

It's subtle enough that it may not mean anything. Maybe "the Dark One" thing is a way Dark Ones talk when they're, well, going dark. While travel between worlds used to be hard, it seems that, once you've made a connection between them, it becomes like any major traffic center. Gold should probably put up a toll booth. Or maybe a security check at the world border (anyone who, under purpose of visit, checks off "Take over the world" or "slaughter large numbers of innocents" should be moved to the back of the line).