Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2014, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Please stop posting gifs of Rumple. My drooling keeps shorting out my keyboard.
no ..lol
we all have to suffer with the drooling..

btw, I love your icon

DR76 First please do not get rude asking is people read future scripts or not. this is an appreciation thread and those who post are allowed to speculate and appreciate the man they felt was good once. If you aren't here to appreciate Rumple then please do not post. That goes with any thread you feel the need to argue with the posters. It's fine to have a difference of opinion but you need to be respectful to those that see things differently.

that being said. I could see it possible that Rumple may want to keep the power to protect him and Belle. I mean before he was abused, beaten down by others his father, bullies, Milah. So I could see him not wanting to go back to the crippled spinner, even though he was a good man.
He amy also want to not live forever and watch as belle grows old and eventually die. He saw his son die, and that would have been devestating for any parent let alone one that spent all his life + more searching for him to make amends for a moment of failure that had huge consequences. .

Last edited by Rhonwen; 10-24-2014 at 05:19 AM
Old 10-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Very possible, Rhonwen. Spinner!Rumple was a good man, but to Gold, he was probably a coward who wasn't able to protect his family. Yeah, I don't think he wants to be that man again, but something more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I don't get the impression it has to do with Neal. Plus, I think he would tell Belle that. The way it's being talked about, he just wants the power.
One of the writers (Kalinda, I believe) said that it's about more than just power. And Adam said there is "more nuance".

Rumple has never wanted power just for power's sake, it's always been more complicated than that. I think he wants the hat 1)to be able to protect those he loves after his curse is broken, 2)to bring back his dead son, or 3) to try and erase some of his past wrongdoings.

Quote:
I personally don't need him trying to resurrect Neal. I think there is grieving and then there is obsession and that would border on obsession.
I can see your point, but I'd just love to get Neal back.. I'm still not okay with his death.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think Rumple wants to bring Neal back. Neal died a hero and he will honor that (remember the conversation with Emma , even if he doesn't). I equate the hat to drug usage. He is going from cocaine to heron because he needs a bigger rush. I think part of the darkness is the ever need for more power. It will use the excuse of protecting Belle, or if she wasn't in the picture it would be something else. People with addictions, lie cheat, steal and do whatever they need to to hide the addiction. He knows he is an addict but at this time he is not willing to put an all out effort to kick his habit. He needs to crash and burn before he gets to that point.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
DR76 First please do not get rude asking is people read future scripts or not. this is an appreciation thread and those who post are allowed to speculate and appreciate the man they felt was good once. If you aren't here to appreciate Rumple then please do not post. That goes with any thread you feel the need to argue with the posters.
Are you saying that these forums are all about posting compliments about the characters or the show . . . and nothing else? We're not allow to criticize the characters?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Are you saying that these forums are all about posting compliments about the characters or the show . . . and nothing else? We're not allow to criticize the characters?
no boards are for more.. but an appreciation thread if for appreciation only. It was not about the criticism anyway, it was invalidating another's pov by being rude and stating "have you read the future scripts"

A person is allowed to disagree, and say i think this will happen, but they aren't allowed to be rude to another's pov.

or to go on an appreciation thraed with the intent to bash a character. You are not known for liking Rumple

If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or Cam, and please review the FF policy we have topped at board
Old 10-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Very possible, Rhonwen. Spinner!Rumple was a good man, but to Gold, he was probably a coward who wasn't able to protect his family. Yeah, I don't think he wants to be that man again, but something more..

One of the writers (Kalinda, I believe) said that it's about more than just power. And Adam said there is "more nuance".

Rumple has never wanted power just for power's sake, it's always been more complicated than that. I think he wants the hat 1)to be able to protect those he loves after his curse is broken, 2)to bring back his dead son, or 3) to try and erase some of his past wrongdoings.

I can see your point, but I'd just love to get Neal back.. I'm still not okay with his death.
Kalinda also said that a journey takes many turns and to keep watching. I am hoping that this journey will end with Rumple choosing Belle over power and beginning to heal. He has been through a lot!

Rhowen, used to be? I think Rumple is still a good man he just let his fear make bad choices. If you compare him to Cora and Pan, well Rumple is the better man there. It his addiction born out of helplessness and abuse that makes him screw up! The way the writers are being so hushed up makes me think something big is going to happen that they don't want to spoil!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

i didn't mean used to be as in he's nto good anymore. I meant the more the man he used to be. The one that aided a beggar w/o askign for anytihng in return. the man that cared for others, they aren't showing that man.

He's so consumed at the moment that all we see is the desperate DO
Old 10-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
i didn't mean used to be as in he's nto good anymore. I meant the more the man he used to be. The one that aided a beggar w/o askign for anytihng in return. the man that cared for others, they aren't showing that man.

He's so consumed at the moment that all we see is the desperate DO
Maybe they will show it soon? I wasn't serious, I was just joking. I should have put an LOL after it!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

I know.. I still like to make sure that I am clear.. dont always accomplish that
Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
no boards are for more.. but an appreciation thread if for appreciation only. It was not about the criticism anyway, it was invalidating another's pov by being rude and stating "have you read the future scripts"

A person is allowed to disagree, and say i think this will happen, but they aren't allowed to be rude to another's pov.

or to go on an appreciation thraed with the intent to bash a character. You are not known for liking Rumple

If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or Cam, and please review the FF policy we have topped at board

This thread does not hint that it's for character appreciation.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
we don't allow anti-threads on this board. As they tend to cause fan and character bashing which is against FF rules.

All the threads dedicated to characters/couples are meant to be for appreciation. Constuctive talk is fine, but if it get close to bashing that is against the rules.

here's a link of the policy
http://http://www.fanforum.com/f373/...61/index9.html
Old 10-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone else noticed that every fourth episode of each season is kind of based on Rumple, Rumple-themed?

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The OP has "appreciation thread" in the very first lines, as does the Regina thread, the Emma thread, the Elizabeth Mitchell - etc etc. All those are appreciation threads. That doesn't mean people can't express issues with stuff the characters have done, but they are not threads primarily for negative views of the characters. The threads always been designed to have an appreciation angle and to be where people who like them can talk about them. Anti-threads are not allowed on this board and the same with bashing, so the OUAT board here has purposely chosen to be more positive. (And this is from before I became a mod, so it's been around a long time.)
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

We need a new thread soon. My title suggestion:

"It would seem, when one needs answers, I'm the place to go."

Because that's so true.

EDIT: I just noticed it's the 70th Rumple thread! Should the title be something a bit more special?

Last edited by Seamstress90; 10-25-2014 at 04:29 PM
Old 10-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can I be added? He's such a fun character!