Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

When Rumple pulls the dagger from Zoso's body, you can see how the color of his hand (the one that's holding the dagger) begins to change when the Darkness is transferred to him. And he's still wearing his peasant outfit, not the DO robe, when he kills the soldiers. So I don't think Rumple emerged from the vault. Maybe it's because of the way he became the DO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I mean seriously, he's my favourite new addition to the cast!
Yeah, I thought so.

Quote:
That is exactly what has been on my mind - that question. What was the point of him being the Dark One for centuries if he is not going to play some major role in the whole mythology? I hope you turn out right and if the darkness is defeated, it's by him since this has been his origin story since the conception of OUAT. It just seems like they have set Emma up to do this too with all that talk about her being the most powerful DO.

At least it does appear like Rumple will be getting some action in the next episode, though.
Indeed. There has to be a reason they've set him up to be a hero..

icon by me
Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still think because the vault existed in s3 it's not a complete new idea and that all Dos come out in a robe. I do think in s1 they didn't think to much about the do curse

Like my friend TV shows are not like book where you can go back to the first chapter and rewrite things
Old 11-17-2015, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Mmmm, I'd guess it's a 50-50 then...
Who plays Gorgon? I'll twit him about it

RoseBennett
Old 11-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I only just heard about it. Congratulations to Robert for his BAFTA win. He deserves it.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I still think because the vault existed in s3 it's not a complete new idea and that all Dos come out in a robe. I do think in s1 they didn't think to much about the do curse

Like my friend TV shows are not like book where you can go back to the first chapter and rewrite things
The DO vault was introduced in s3, yes. But what I was saying was that it was used to show how a Dark One can be resurrected. In that particular case, Rumple, who was DO but died with the curse still on him. Nobody killed him with the dagger to have the curse transfered onto themselves. This is originally the canon on how DO's are made.

This part is sketchy and new about DO's suddenly just being born from the vault so I wish they would have explained the function of the vault more and made it a bit clearer.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

It might be that Emma and Hook both came out of the vault because they got the DO curse by being tethered to it, whereas Rumple killed the previous one and thus became the DO. But yes, would be nice if they explained all this further. At least we have learned a fair amount about the DO curse this season.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
It might be that Emma and Hook both came out of the vault because they got the DO curse by being tethered to it, whereas Rumple killed the previous one and thus became the DO. But yes, would be nice if they explained all this further. At least we have learned a fair amount about the DO curse this season.
A possiblity.

In Emma's case, the darkness was already set loose, so the curse was existing outside of a person at this point. By using the dagger, Emma took it inside herself voluntarily. So I think I can reason her circumstance a bit easier combined with the idea others presented, she did not actually kill a former DO to become it. So she was then reborn through the vault? It changes the original canon but I think the exception to the rule lies in the Dark Curse not being inside a person at that time Emma took it upon herself.

Hook's situation confuses me more. He technically died, not turned as a DO. Emma is already the existing DO, it is no longer Rumple, especially if she has been reborn through the vault. She is just fighting the urge to give into that darkness. She used the spell to tether Hook to excalibur and save his life but the dagger is directly linked to the DO curse not Excalibur? Are they trying to say that the DO curse is like a virus that spread to Hook from Emma when she used her dark magic? Hm.

What I am now wondering about is how this will tie into Rumple in the long run. A former DO possibly going head to head with 2 current DO's? This is a first because there has never been a time when a former DO co-existed with a new one since death was the price in transfering the curse. Is he truly through with this curse or if Hook and Emma manage to free themselves from it, is the curse still linked to him since he was the last DO to be turned the regular way and he did not pay the price of death to be rid of it? Or is he truly free from it for good? I am curious about Rumple's ultimate fate in regards to this.

The one thing about the DO mythology that was revealed that I thought all along was that the 'voice' is like another entity co-existing with the cursed.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-17-2015 at 02:50 PM
Old 11-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited with the three of them next week I can't even
And now the Hook variable has just been introduced, the possibilities have just multiplied!

RoseBennett
Old 11-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I'm so excited with the three of them next week I can't even
And now the Hook variable has just been introduced, the possibilities have just multiplied!
Not next week. We have to wait until the 29th!

Well, what confused me was the goo coming out of Merlin. That's what went into Hook. Merlin wasn't a Dark One. I didn't understand how the "essence" that came out of Merlin transformed Hook into a Dark One. If anything, he should be good like Merlin was.

Last edited by linnki; 11-17-2015 at 05:41 PM
Old 11-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

^ Shhhh, it's next week to me....I'm gonna read fanfictions for the free hour we get and have headcanons....for another week....ugh

Mmm...I lost some focus by then because I was very sleepy (almost 3 here)....wasn't it something eplained because she couldn't save him, he had to become the DO or something? Not immortal, the DO, like the whole excalibur becoming a big dagger, both part being the DO and no Nimue(DO) and Merlin (light magic)? Again, I was veeeeeeery sleepy

RoseBennett
Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
Not next week. We have to wait until the 29th!

Well, what confused me was the goo coming out of Merlin. That's what went into Hook. Merlin wasn't a Dark One. I didn't understand how the "essence" that came out of Merlin transformed Hook into a Dark One. If anything, he should be good like Merlin was.
I think there is light and dark in Merlin. He just chose the light, like Nimue chose the dark.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...did we see something else?
Help

RoseBennett
Old 11-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
Zelena used Merlin's darkness tethering spell on him. Merlin has the capacity for light and dark within, but he used his immortality and magic for good. So Emma released Merlin from the dark spell and transferred it to Killian.

Hope that helped.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks
Old 11-18-2015, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Zelena used Merlin's darkness tethering spell on him. Merlin has the capacity for light and dark within, but he used his immortality and magic for good. So Emma released Merlin from the dark spell and transferred it to Killian.

Hope that helped.
Thanks

RoseBennett