Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Rumple yelling at Belle????

How can he yell at her? All she has to do is give him those big eyes of hers and he's a puddle. Even when he wants to be mad at her, he's not. She's his Belle.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 10-21-2015 at 06:57 PM
Old 10-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Oh yes. And he's her beast....those two can argue(2x11), but bitterly yelling at one another...nope (4x06 and any SB Rumbelle tbh lol)

RoseBennett
Old 10-21-2015, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
^ I agree. It's not healthy to put her so high. For him because then he then thinks he's always at fault, for her because she thinks she can't live up to the standrds he sets in his mind, making her every mistake bigger in her mind, for them together because it creates huge communication problems.
It does indeed

Maybe with the returning strength comes him being more open and realising he needs to communicate more..
Old 10-21-2015, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Yeah rumple isent mad at belle. I don't think he ever gets mad at her in sb
I can't see him yelling at Belle. For what? The show and he frankly have acknowledged that he is the one who messed up. He has nothing to yell at her about.

He's gotten upset with her before. Remember in The Crocodile? I loved that argument frankly. I don't think it's that he puts her on a pedestal as much as she really hasn't done anything for him to get angry about other than in Family Business with the dagger. Other than that, what has he had reason to be angry about?

That's one of the things I love about him is that he gets what he's done. He was agonizing over lying to Belle. He knew he was wrong. And it hurt him to do it. But the curse and the need was stronger than he was. Hopefully, going forward things will start to change.

He doesn't blame others, like certain other characters have done, for the choices he's made. That's one of the reasons I don't get this "coward" business. Coward emotionally? Yeah, I can see that. But to me a coward blames others for the way they are. And he doesn't do that.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I can't see him yelling at Belle. For what? The show and he frankly have acknowledged that he is the one who messed up. He has nothing to yell at her about.

He's gotten upset with her before. Remember in The Crocodile? I loved that argument frankly. I don't think it's that he puts her on a pedestal as much as she really hasn't done anything for him to get angry about other than in Family Business with the dagger. Other than that, what has he had reason to be angry about?

That's one of the things I love about him is that he gets what he's done. He was agonizing over lying to Belle. He knew he was wrong. And it hurt him to do it. But the curse and the need was stronger than he was. Hopefully, going forward things will start to change.

He doesn't blame others, like certain other characters have done, for the choices he's made. That's one of the reasons I don't get this "coward" business. Coward emotionally? Yeah, I can see that. But to me a coward blames others for the way they are. And he doesn't do that.
Woah Woah Woah, who said he has to yell at her? if it was me, than I am sorry but that is not what I meant. I just want him to be an equal in this relationship and stand up for himself.

As to the townline scene, I almost wrote another meta on why that bothered me so much. They obviously had a magic stealing cuff and the fairies could have contained him until they figured out how to proceed but Belle used his dagger to force him out of town and became judge, jury, and executioner without even allowing him to give his side of it. It was too final and too harsh and because of it, he was homeless and almost died while she had a home, friends, and a new boyfriend. Some would say that is tough love, but that hardly ever works. I am not saying she shouldn't have left him but she gave him no way to make amends for what he did to the town or to her. She ended things with a finality that was frankly disturbing. We also know that the only reason she did it that way wasn't to protect the town, because I just named two ways she could have, she did it to protect herself because deep down, Belle knows she loves him and once she heard his explanation, it may have softened her towards him and she wanted to stay angry. Belle also knows as evidenced at the well, that she did wrong when she said, "maybe I threw out the chipped tea cup too soon." Belle defeated the beast and became a hero but she did it at the expense of her heart and the one person who needed a hero all along and that was Rumple.

Agree to disagree with me all you want but in my eyes, it is Rumple's turn to speak and I want to hear what he has to say. He does have a right to be angry not just with Belle but the others. Just because he screwed up doesn't mean they were innocent either. That is all I am going to say on the subject.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Grace, I don't know who said he should yell at Belle and the others. I'm just saying, for what?

I love Rumple but I can still see the wrong he has done.

I'm also not sure what he has to be upset with the others about right now? He's the one that was working with the SQ and would have left them all to their fate just so he could get what he wanted. He's the one who engineered the curse so he could get what he wants. I'm not saying a lot of these people wouldn't have done the same to save their child but in all fairness, they weren't doing anything to him last year. These people, other than Hook, lol, don't seek him out to hurt him. And he was aligning himself with the QOD in opposition to them. So I'm not sure what reason he would have to be mad at them at this point in time.

Do I think the others can be hypocritical? Absolutely. And I also really didn't like Regina again blaming him for the choices she makes.

What exactly does he have the right to be angry about right at this moment in time? Other than Zelena and Hook who should he be mad at? And even with Hook, they do things to each other. Neither are blameless.

I certainly have never seen Rumple as the "big bad" on this show. And frankly think he has the most sympathetic background and this curse clearly shows how the darkness can eat at you. But I don't think the show is saying that Rumple and Emma now are not responsible in large part for their own choices.

I hope that this is going to show him on a better path. He's my absolute favorite male character but I can't pretend he hasn't been in the wrong. I think he's a big old woobie, LOL, but he can also do pretty horrible things to people. I can make excuses for him with the best of them but as far as him being angry with most of the other characters I'm not sure why?

He has a huge problem with self-loathing, but that makes him all the more complex. Because he is a good person at heart and knows when he's done wrong. That to me isn't an evil man or a bad man. He has just made some hugely wrong choices. There are times in the same episode where I want to shake him and then hug him, but that's just how good RC is at making this man loveable and relatable. But I can't in fairness not call him out when he's wrong.

I want to see him this season recognize his self worth. Which has nothing to do with sword fighting.

Can we all agree that it's great to have Mr. Gold back though? And I need him free from captivity soon.

Last edited by Belleislove; 10-21-2015 at 06:26 AM
Old 10-21-2015, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Very nice discussion here I personally agree with Belleislove, because right now I think he's even with everyone (even Hook lol).
I mean, Regina taunted him when he was dying...but he just threaten to kill her loved one.
Hook did the same, but he had just recently tried to kill him.
Belle's 4x11 action was definetely very strong and there could have been other options, better options, but he had literally driven her to the edge between the mis-interpetation of the gauntlet and discovering all his lies.

As you said no one, but Hook, seeked to hurt him first, especially after S3 sacrifice. So what I would like, and probably won't get, is an aknowledgement from both him and the others of their bad deeds and honest apologises from both sides. But besides with Belle I can't see that been shown honestly

RoseBennett
Old 10-21-2015, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

I just can't, as much as I love him, put blame on others for what he's done. And more importantly, he doesn't, as a character, do this. I don't see him ever blaming the others, even if he doesn't like them.

I was very pleased to hear Hook say that he was the villain in the whole Milah stuff initially. I like to see characters have some self-awareness. I think Rumple has always had that and I love that about him.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with Belleislove as well. I don't need to see Rumple being mad at anyone right now, especially Belle. I feel like it would be a bit hypocritical of him, and I'd honestly hate it. Rumple's self-awareness is one of the things I love about him and I don't want him to lose that.

That being said, I also agree with Koodles that he needs to be able to let go of his self-loathing and be more open with Belle about things that hurt/upset him, and generally stop behaving like he's a worthless excuse of a man who deserves all the crap he gets. You can be self-aware/critical and still see yourself as a worthy human being. I hope Rumple can get there!

icon by me
Old 10-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I hope so too Seamstress

and to what belleislove said also..

I so want Sunday's eppy
Old 10-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Passionate Fan

I am not excusing Rumple. You see, I didn't name names because frankly I am tired of getting jumped on by certain fans but I will elaborate just don't attack me please.

First off, Rumple wasn't working with the Snow Queen. He just didn't stop her. In fact I think that is why we had the flashback of Anna controlling Rumple with the dagger and making him swear never to harm her family and unfortunately and not known at the time, the Snow Queen was family. As to the whole leaving them to their fate, I didn't believe that is what he was doing. I think if Rumple was free to stop the SQ, she would have been sucked into that hat problem solved. Maybe if he couldn't save everybody, he just tried to save his loved ones. I honestly have no clue what was going on in Rumple's head during season 4 because of certain nameless writers so I am not going to make any kind of judgment. I think he used the queens to get into town so he can find the author and destroy the DO before it took over and wreaked havoc which if you look at that, he ended up saving everybody. I just don't know but I hope it will be addressed this season, it probably won't be but I hope it is.

As to who Rumple has a right to be angry with, Regina and Robin are at the top of the list along with Zelena and Hook. Why you ask, here:
1) Robin kicked a man who had two heart attacks into the street and he and Regina stole Bae's apartment out from under him.
2) Robin didn't bother to let anyone know especially Belle that her husband almost died.
3) None of those heroes even attempted to free Rumple from Zelena and Regina used the dagger on him to save her psychotic sister!
4) Regina's done worse **** and she is allowed to stay in SB!

So imo opinion he has a right to be angry with them as they have a right to be angry with him.

I am not going to answer to any Hook or Regina fans defending them so don't bother.

Honestly, I am not trying to be combative and it is hard on the internet to convey your feelings. It is just that my dad ended up dying of heart problems and seeing Gold flatline because of the wicked bitch of the west and than seeing Robin basically throw him onto the street when he had no claim on that apartment and Rumple even tried to help him it just got to me. Regina and Hook taunting him in front of the damn author just made me even more mad. What right do those two have to judge anybody! Hypocrisy has always been a pet peeve of mine. I know Rumple did wrong and with the way they use him constantly, it just bothers me. They left him with Zelena once his usage was done and I am sorry but the other characters seem more cruel to me than Rumple. I love that he is self-aware but he always blames himself and he is not always in the wrong so I agree that he needs to have some self-worth and stand up for himself.

Last edited by Grace52373; 10-21-2015 at 01:09 PM
Old 10-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with both Koodles and Belleislove

Again Ann'a said sister not family and I don't think the dagger responds to interpretation.

They we're going to stop Zelena so Rumple could be free.

I

As for the apartment, Robin was a guy who had a family and didn't Rumple was banished and no money. In his eyes Gold was the richest guy in town. Plus Robin took Rumple to the hospital and stole for him. He also gave Rumple his sons things.

belle walked in on rumple trying to kill someone forget the name and was lying to her for weeks. She was hurt

Plus neal could have left the apartment to Henry who gave Regina the okayb
Old 10-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

As you said "So imo opinion he has a right to be angry with them as they have a right to be angry with him."
That's why I'm not expecting anyone lash out on Rumple and viceversa. I think they should just call it even and bygones!
I only disagree on the SnowQueen, I think not saying anything and also hatting the fairies while they were almost succeding in creating a cure were two of his worst acts ever, especially since he was sentencing to death even people who had never hurt him like Jefferson and his daughter or Dove.

RoseBennett
Old 10-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
As you said "So imo opinion he has a right to be angry with them as they have a right to be angry with him."
That's why I'm not expecting anyone lash out on Rumple and viceversa. I think they should just call it even and bygones!
I only disagree on the SnowQueen, I think not saying anything and also hatting the fairies while they were almost succeding in creating a cure were two of his worst acts ever, especially since he was sentencing to death even people who had never hurt him like Jefferson and his daughter or Dove.
Jefferson, his daughter and Dove could be elsewhere but they are not part of the cast anymore maybe their characters jumped realms?

Didn't Elsa steal the necklace and because she did, it prevented the cure from being made? I was going to edit what I said and add that he doesn't have to yell or fight with them but seriously, I would put my foot down and refuse to be used and for my spouse to not to be used and than ignored. Here is another solution, Rumple stays away from them and they stay away from him. Maybe Belle and Rumple should leave town? They would be better off being away from hypocrite town.

Like I said before, because of the writers we got nothing, nada so it is kind of pointless to make judgment calls since we don't know why and won't until Rumple explains some things which is what I want.

I don't honestly care if they were going to stop Zelena, the least they could have done was get him out of that damn cage! They would have done it for anybody else!

It seems to me like there are two rules in this show, how to treat Rumple vs any other villain and they give way too many chances to Regina and they treat Hook like family but Rumple is only there to provide magical solutions or to accuse of things and it has been that way one season too many. Season 4 Rumple was in the wrong but Hook and Regina also screwed up but are never held accountable and it stinks imo.

Last edited by Grace52373; 10-21-2015 at 01:49 PM
Old 10-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not sure where all the Robin blaming comes from. Rumple and Robin made a very clear deal. He would risk being improsoned to steal the healing potion for Rumple to save his life and in return Rumple would go away. Robin didn't even have to make that deal. He could have just left Rumple dying in the hospital.

Obviously these two were not going to live together. Neither one was interested in that. Though it would have made a pretty hilarious scenario.

And I think Robin was in SB barely a day before the AU kicked off. I'm not a fan of Robin's character but I cut the guy some slack in this situation. He had just learned that his wife had been killed by his rapist who he had been tricked into impregnating and had been posing as his son's doting mother for two months. He was dealing with A LOT.