Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Bobby spam:

This might be one of my very top Bobby photos due to a perfect combo of face, hair and, sigh.............that hand!

Ok, is this man UTTERLY MAGNIFICENT? He looks so incredible in jeans, sigh. This is from the California Solo LA premiere Q & A event

CS after-party:

Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Supreme Fan

His onscreen true love right beside him - Love it! !
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
His onscreen true love right beside him - Love it! !
As she is right here..... They both look so happy.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Supreme Fan

So adorable ... and so huggable .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
So adorable ... and so huggable .
Completely...........I can't stand them anymore, lol
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I was going through my piano songbook called The Best of Disney can came across and interesting song. It's called "Never Smile at a Crocodile." I knew it was probably from Peter Pan, but I've never heard it, and I should know it since we watch it at least once a week during lunchtime and naptime at school. So I googled it and the music was used in the movie, but never the lyrics. After reading through the music, I recognized the tune as the one used when the Crocodile shows up and is bothering Hook. Since Rumple is "the Crocodile", I thought I'd post the lyrics here.

Never smile at a crocodile
No, you can’t get friendly with a crocodile.
Don’t be taken in by his welcome grin;
He’s imagining how well you’d fit within his skin.
Never smile at a crocodile,
Never tip your hat and stop to talk awhile.

Never run, walk away;
Say “Goodnight” not "Good day”

Don’t be rude, never mock;
Throw a kiss, not a rock

Clear the aisle and never smile at Mister Crocodile.

You may very well be well-bred,
Lots of etiquette in your head,
But there’s always some special case,
Time or place to forget etiquette.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Supreme Fan

LOL - great lyrics!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

I love the lyrics.

Kelaine posted a good thought on the different levels of Rumple and who/how is perceived. It would a great discussion for here as well.. It's on the Rumbelle thread..

Of course I'm on my way to work, but I'd love to read everyone's thoughts..
Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

He looked so WOW at the CA premiere

Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Wow indeed.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

Bobby indeed looked incredible at the CA Solo premiere......those jeans, that white shirt, that jacket.

I just use the word "beautiful" for him most often because it suits him, in terms of looks and as a person.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Bobby indeed looked incredible at the CA Solo premiere......those jeans, that white shirt, that jacket.

I just use the word "beautiful" for him most often because it suits him, in terms of looks and as a person.
I approve of your message... Beautiful is a perfect description.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Kelaine posted a good thought on the different levels of Rumple and who/how is perceived. It would a great discussion for here as well.. It's on the Rumbelle thread..

Of course I'm on my way to work, but I'd love to read everyone's thoughts..
Thanks, Rhonwen. That was very kind of you to say.

So, for anyone who wants, here are the three levels of Rumple -

Often, with Rumple, there are three levels in his conversation when he deals -

1) Level one - A pretense level: As with Rumple von Stiltskin, who Frankenstein accepts as a philanthropist, or as Rumple the teacher, whose motives Regina doesn't question or who she assumes has motives (a desire to have a witch who owes him as her teacher, perhaps) that are incorrect.

2) Level two - The Dark One: This is who Rumple sees himself as being. This is the person who does things that benefit him, amuse him, or that further his plans. People who see this see the person Rumple believes himself to be. They may not see all the benefit to him (Regina knew Rumple was playing his own angle but didn't see how "please" would benefit him [although we don't see it, I assume Regina being tied up whe Emma got out of the caves was the big payoff of the "please" clause, that Rumple made sure she'd be unable to interfere at that point]) but they know he's getting something out of it.

This is who Maurice sees when Rumple asks for Belle in return for his lands' safety. It's who George saw when Rumple wanted the location of the fairy godmother in return for Charming.

3) Level three - The real Rumple: This is the person Belle perceived who traded for her because he was lonely. This was the person Charming saw when he (finally) realized Rumple had experienced true love. This has also been the Rumple Snow seems to have always recognized.

Hook thinks he knows this level of Rumple because of knowing him when and likely because Milha talked about him. But, he's consistently been wrong about him. Hook wants Rumple to be what he perceives him as being, the Crocodile, something subhuman deserving the treatment he's given him.

Side issue: Just saw a comparison between Hook and the Devil. You may or may not know the idea of the Devil's motivation being that, having cast away the blessings of heaven, he wants everyone else to be as miserable as he is? And that, also, he feels like he gets the great "I told you so" when humanity lives down to his expectations rather than rising above that to be closer to God's expectations?

When it comes to Rumple, Hook is like that. The only joy left in his life seems to be ruining Rumple's - and he seems to get more out of ruining him as a person, pushing him to be a monster, than he does just causing him pain. The big irony is that he doesn't see himself as trying to bring Rumple down to his level.

OK, done with side issue.

This third level, the real Rumple, is a person that Rumple himself doesn't see. He thinks he's level two most of the time. Sometimes, he may even see himself as level one. But, level three is something of a mystery to him.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Thanks, Rhonwen. That was very kind of you to say.

So, for anyone who wants, here are the three levels of Rumple -

Often, with Rumple, there are three levels in his conversation when he deals -

1) Level one - A pretense level: As with Rumple von Stiltskin, who Frankenstein accepts as a philanthropist, or as Rumple the teacher, whose motives Regina doesn't question or who she assumes has motives (a desire to have a witch who owes him as her teacher, perhaps) that are incorrect.

2) Level two - The Dark One: This is who Rumple sees himself as being. This is the person who does things that benefit him, amuse him, or that further his plans. People who see this see the person Rumple believes himself to be. They may not see all the benefit to him (Regina knew Rumple was playing his own angle but didn't see how "please" would benefit him [although we don't see it, I assume Regina being tied up whe Emma got out of the caves was the big payoff of the "please" clause, that Rumple made sure she'd be unable to interfere at that point]) but they know he's getting something out of it.

This is who Maurice sees when Rumple asks for Belle in return for his lands' safety. It's who George saw when Rumple wanted the location of the fairy godmother in return for Charming.

3) Level three - The real Rumple: This is the person Belle perceived who traded for her because he was lonely. This was the person Charming saw when he (finally) realized Rumple had experienced true love. This has also been the Rumple Snow seems to have always recognized.

Hook thinks he knows this level of Rumple because of knowing him when and likely because Milha talked about him. But, he's consistently been wrong about him. Hook wants Rumple to be what he perceives him as being, the Crocodile, something subhuman deserving the treatment he's given him.

Side issue: Just saw a comparison between Hook and the Devil. You may or may not know the idea of the Devil's motivation being that, having cast away the blessings of heaven, he wants everyone else to be as miserable as he is? And that, also, he feels like he gets the great "I told you so" when humanity lives down to his expectations rather than rising above that to be closer to God's expectations?

When it comes to Rumple, Hook is like that. The only joy left in his life seems to be ruining Rumple's - and he seems to get more out of ruining him as a person, pushing him to be a monster, than he does just causing him pain. The big irony is that he doesn't see himself as trying to bring Rumple down to his level.

OK, done with side issue.

This third level, the real Rumple, is a person that Rumple himself doesn't see. He thinks he's level two most of the time. Sometimes, he may even see himself as level one. But, level three is something of a mystery to him.

I really.enjoyed reading this. It's so accurate in its assessment of Rumple, and how he and others percieve him.

Rumple's story is truly the saddest. He defined himself by how others from Milah, to Hook, to Hordor saw fit to treat him. He sees himself as not human not worthy. It's heart breaking, he has been mistreated for so long looked upon as a crippled , a coward that he believes he's truly a beast.

He had 300 years without really any person loving him or seeing the humanity left inside and even caring about it.
Except for Belle. Anyone else as the DO for that long I would imagine would have no humanity left. But the fact that he can hold on to love, for Bae , for Belle shows how strong he truly is.

I hope we get more of his back story, I'm interested to see more.

Plus from a strictly theological standpoint , I love the devil anology. It's a perfect description

Last edited by Rhonwen; 02-05-2013 at 11:14 AM Reason: spelling..darn phone
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

delete

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-05-2013 at 12:19 PM