Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Anyway, I watch the scene because as hard as it is, it's still exquisitely acted. Bobby always puts his heart and soul into his work, and he's so emotionally honest. In this scene, you can see Gold's desperation just pour out. He's got that Belle-voice going again, as always; he's reaching back to yesterday, to a memory that probably at some point they once laughed at, hoping with everything he has that this will work. He must never have considered at all what would have happened - it was a shock to his system. That poor cup, something he had treasured for decades while she was gone and actually even BEFORE, was to him a symbol of their relationship. Gold is big on symbolism and for Belle to smash that cup felt like the end of their relationship and the end of his world.

Bobby's face is just hard to look at as he looks at Emilie in bed; those eyes - the way he sideways looks at here, he almost looks crazed. I have no idea how he manages to convey so may different variations of the same emotion: grief, pain, shock, despair, anguish. It reminds me of the look he had upon seeing Belle in the finale.

Even as Gold walked out, Bobby imbued him with emotion: Gold limped out like an OLD OLD man.
So true. Bobby was brilliant in that scene. He's one of the few actors that can bring me to tears.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
So true. Bobby was brilliant in that scene. He's one of the few actors that can bring me to tears.
Me too.
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've cried in several of his movies - all the ones I've seen, actually, lol.

I'm running out of adjectives to describe him.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

When we run out of adjectives to describe him we can make up new ones.

Bobbylicious. Rumpelazing, sextraordinary...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I also wanted to add that I cry at several scenes Bobby does. Not too many things can make me cry, but when he has a scene so full of sadness, and agony, I can't help but cry.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

you just want to give him a big ol'

I'll bet we'll get a few quips from Rumple when he's in the big ol' smoke
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

The OP is fantastic! Love it.

Rumple is such a great complex character. Not many characters make you feel for them like you do with him and his Belle situation.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Robert tends to bring me to tears too. It's one of his many talents.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeunleashed (View Post)
Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeunleashed (View Post)

Rumple is such a great complex character. Not many characters make you feel for them like you do with him and his Belle situation.
That is very true. I think that's why I have a hard time being mad at him when he lashes out, like at the end of "Brother" .. he was in pain, even Snow saw that in the background. He never acted this way, he's always so composed. Very easy to understand how he's lashing out when the one person who loves him is lost at the moment..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

The Imp & The Miller's Daughter - A Fan Theory by Zachery Van Norman good read, also explains the ring Gold wears always.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
That is very true. I think that's why I have a hard time being mad at him when he lashes out, like at the end of "Brother" .. he was in pain, even Snow saw that in the background. He never acted this way, he's always so composed. Very easy to understand how he's lashing out when the one person who loves him is lost at the moment..
Yes he is just in pain and makes you empathize with him so easily. Yes he has a bit of a nasty side to him, but that has about due to being hurt.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Gold is a multi-layered character and a lot of what he is is beneath the surface. So, if you want to truly understand him, you have to read beneath the lines; you have to read each and every expression on his face. There is a lot more to him than what he allows other characters (other than Belle) to see easily - or the audience, for that matter. He's not a straight forward character, though I think many choose to see him that way. I think there is a wonderful reward for those who choose to see look beneath the surface to Gold's many layers and no one is better than Bobby at portraying such an incredibly deep character.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-04-2013 at 05:38 PM
Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Watching Eragon tonight with my son - Bobby sighting!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)