Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

The Dark one knows how to behave like a British gentleman. When he gave the Gaston-scented rose to Belle, he took a bow in the exactly same posture to Belle. I'd love to see Gold do that.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the New Thread!!

Love all the pics, and gifs, and the anguish on poor Mr Gold.. Trying so hard to not give up..

My heart break with him everytime..
Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I was sad for him. He just wanted her to remember him, but it didn't happen like that. I winced when she broke the cup. I was like, "No, don't. Not the cup."

I hope he finds a way to reverse the spell on the town line and restore Belle and Sneezy's memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
OMG! I don't how I missed that! Thank you for poitning it out!
Not a problem.

~*~Mima~*~ Icon made by me. I'm Located At:
DeviantART FanFiction.Net LiveJournal Tumblr
Old 02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 02-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera-Sabe (View Post)
I was sad for him. He just wanted her to remember him, but it didn't happen like that. I winced when she broke the cup. I was like, "No, don't. Not the cup."

I hope he finds a way to reverse the spell on the town line and restore Belle and Sneezy's memories.

Not a problem.
I think he will get her to be trusting of him, and she will fall in love again.. and TLK will break the curse.

But of course..I'm just a hopeless old romantic..

I was so sad for him as well. But I'm always sad for him, it's those damn soulful eyes I tell you..

ohh love the new gifs!! Thanks for posting.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was sad for him. He just wanted her to remember him, but it didn't happen like that. I winced when she broke the cup. I was like, "No, don't. Not the cup
That just destroyed him. He loves her with an intensity that is almost painful, that you can almost reach out and touch. He had treasured that cup for so very long and it was all he had of her......Of all people to destroy it, it would be Belle. He was desperate, trying anything and everything. Even the thought of their old days in the castle didn't wake her.

As he left the room, I think Gold felt honestly that it was all over.....but he's not the type to ever give up and he would NEVER ever give up on Belle as she has never given up on him.

Quote:
I think he will get her to be trusting of him, and she will fall in love again.. and TLK will break the curse.
That, IMO, will take too long and there's just not enough time. She will probably become somewhat trusting of him, but IMO, something big is going to have to happen in order to break this memory block. I think TLK might come into play, but they don't have the time to show a love story again - and I really don't want to see it because he's already desperately in love. This kind of story would really frustrate me.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Only Belle can stare him down with her burning gaze in disappointment.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I still can't watch chip die without wincing especially after someone posted a clip on tumblr from the film with chip saying to Belle "don't you like us anymore" I don't think I will ever be able to watch that film again
Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt!

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cararum (View Post)
I still can't watch chip die without wincing especially after someone posted a clip on tumblr from the film with chip saying to Belle "don't you like us anymore" I don't think I will ever be able to watch that film again
I know. I still haven't rewatched that scene yet. I've only seen it in gifs.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
I know. I still haven't rewatched that scene yet. I've only seen it in gifs.
Me too.
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

It's a tough scene for certain. The emotions that come through is so very intense and heartbreaking.
A lesser actor would never be able to touch us like that. I just want to wrap him.up and hold him on my couch, no make that my bed ...
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TFTNT

I loved the analysis of the scene in 'We are Both', such a great scene

thanks for the arts

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

I watch that chipped cup scene a lot because I watch the Rumbelle scenes in "Brother" a lot (plus Cora/Gold last night).

It's still hard to watch because Belle even before that - she's not that nice. The way she says "it's a cup, it's damaged", it's with some annoyance. I don't know if I'm going to like Belle 2.0 .....but I guess I'll have to be patient with her.

Anyway, I watch the scene because as hard as it is, it's still exquisitely acted. Bobby always puts his heart and soul into his work, and he's so emotionally honest. In this scene, you can see Gold's desperation just pour out. He's got that Belle-voice going again, as always; he's reaching back to yesterday, to a memory that probably at some point they once laughed at, hoping with everything he has that this will work. He must never have considered at all what would have happened - it was a shock to his system. That poor cup, something he had treasured for decades while she was gone and actually even BEFORE, was to him a symbol of their relationship. Gold is big on symbolism and for Belle to smash that cup felt like the end of their relationship and the end of his world.

Bobby's face is just hard to look at as he looks at Emilie in bed; those eyes - the way he sideways looks at here, he almost looks crazed. I have no idea how he manages to convey so may different variations of the same emotion: grief, pain, shock, despair, anguish. It reminds me of the look he had upon seeing Belle in the finale.

Even as Gold walked out, Bobby imbued him with emotion: Gold limped out like an OLD OLD man.