☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-30-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute!
Old 10-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati_SwanJones (View Post)
hahahahaha that discussion

and Leopold was a better name btw
Actually, I am with Charming. Leopold is an awful name for a child. But, I think they needed to show a scene of them talking about what they were going to name him and a think Henry and Emma should have been a part of that discussion. The first 6 seasons of this show were bad about important conversations happening off screen.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
Actually, I am with Charming. Leopold is an awful name for a child. But, I think they needed to show a scene of them talking about what they were going to name him and a think Henry and Emma should have been a part of that discussion. The first 6 seasons of this show were bad about important conversations happening off screen.
I agree with that, esp Emma.

Leo shorten for Leopold works.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelEyes008 (View Post)
Leo shorten for Leopold works.
Apparently, they didn't agree that Leo worked. I am not a fan of Neal/Baelfire or naming the Snowing's child that. I would have preferred Graham or Lance or Lucas or Evan. But never anything after Leopold after we saw his history in 3.18. Furthermore, people saying baby Neal should be called Leo really irritates me because the kid's name is Neal. Henry was named after his mother's murder victim. Emma should have been named Ruth after her sacrifice. Liam 2 should not be named after the dead brother his father abandoned. Robin should not have been named after her father that her mother raped. This show is terrible at naming kids.

And Emma, in canon, was touched the baby was named after Neal.

And why are people still criticizing the baby's name 3 1/2 years later? It was not a great choice but it's done. And it was done as an obvious sign to the audirnce that Neal/Baelfire was really dead dead and not coming back.

Last edited by Austenphile; 10-01-2017 at 10:47 AM
Old 10-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

because what Neal did to Emma, simply as that.

their daughter ended up in jail at 17 years old, pregnant and alone because of his betrayal..

any name is better than Neal.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 10-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Apparently, they didn't agree that Leo worked. I am not a fan of Neal/Baelfire or naming the Snowing's child that. I would have preferred Graham or Lance or Lucas or Evan. But never anything after Leopold after we saw his history in 3.18. Furthermore, people saying baby Neal should be called Leo really irritates me because the kid's name is Neal. Henry was named after his mother's murder victim. Emma should have been named Ruth after her sacrifice. Liam 2 should not be named after the dead brother his father abandoned. Robin should not have been named after her father that her mother raped. This show is terrible at naming kids.

And Emma, in canon, was touched the baby was named after Neal.

And why are people still criticizing the baby's name 3 1/2 years later? It was not a great choice but it's done. And it was done as an obvious sign to the audirnce that Neal/Baelfire was really dead dead and not coming back.
Good point, it's been 3 seasons since he was named. I always felt like the fact that David vetoed Leopold meant that he didn't want any version of the name. I think Eva or Ruth would have been lovely names for Emma. She was. originally named Anna. Joanna would have worked as well. They are horrible at names. They made a big deal about Charming's name and it turned out to be his cursed name.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

Long discussions about Neal or baby Neal's name is getting off topic, and this board also doesn't allow bashing or anti threads, so please keep that in mind as well.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

its not bashing! its facts.

Neal sent Emma to jail, broke her heart never apologized and even laughed about it like it wasnt such a big deal.

1 act of heroism doesnt erase what he did.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 10-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

To be fair, they never knew the whole story. She never told them. Only Henry and Killian knew. And August, obviously.

Anyway, it’s too late now. Baby Neal is part of the Charming-Jones Family. Maybe he’ll have a little niece or nephew in the future.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

writers fault !!!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 10-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
And why are people still criticizing the baby's name 3 1/2 years later?
I don't believe they were, but you jumped all over them for an innocent conversation commenting on the posted gif set and the conversation within. I see two posters having a jovial back-n-forth each taking one of the character's side. Nothing nefarious.

Who cares if someone dislikes a character's name, they are free to say so (just as the characters did). And just as you clearly expressed your strong dislike in names as outlined in your commented reply.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't "jump all over them". I was just asking why people were still criticizing his name this long after it happened? And I have no problem with any of the names I mentioned much less "strong dislike". So everyone can express an opinion except me. I will remember that no one's allowed to defend Snowing for their name choice or really for anything.

Last edited by Austenphile; 10-02-2017 at 11:44 PM