Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yea, 300 years is a long time to be in mourning. Time he moves forward.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
yea, 300 years is a long time to be in mourning. Time he moves forward.
I agree. I think to an extent both of them have been stuck for the last 300 years. Neal because he was running and Hook because he was seeking his revenge.

Edited to add: Hook knew that there was a 'magical weapon' that could kill the dark one, when he first went to Belle. So maybe Cora was the one to tell him it was a dagger. But he could have heard about the magical weapon from Bae?!? Possible..

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 04-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That would be very interesting if Bae was the one to tell him. Do you think Bae could be angry enough to tell him (on purpose) how his dad could be killed?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That would be very interesting if Bae was the one to tell him. Do you think Bae could be angry enough to tell him (on purpose) how his dad could be killed?
I think that when his dad didn't go in the portal with him he would have probably felt that his papa didn't exist within the Dark one anymore and that killing him would at least free him from that curse. Especially with Neal saying to his dad that he didn't think that he had love in him. So it is a possibility that he could have said something to someone that he 'thought' could help 'free' his papa. But I don't see Bae as he was doing it as a cruel thing.

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 04-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Bae is not cruel but he was young and probably very hurt... maybe he could've said something to someone as pissed as he was against his dad. But I don't think that's the case. I don't think he said anything.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea, Bae/Neal is definitely not cruel. I do wonder if Hook would be OK with manipulating Milah's son to find out about TDO or if he had more genuine feelings towards him.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yea, Bae/Neal is definitely not cruel. I do wonder if Hook would be OK with manipulating Milah's son to find out about TDO or if he had more genuine feelings towards him.
I agree definitely not cruel. I am torn on if Hook would do that or not. Because he did want his revenge and it would have been very new at that point, but if he knew who Bae was I can't imagine him using him. But at the same time, he is Hook...

Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^^ I can just imagine Milah's ghost/spirit being like "Really, Killian!" if he wasn't above using Bae for personal gain.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Come on, he would totally use the kid! Especially knowing that his dad totally ditched him.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hook is bad, playing on Bae's emotions like that and his vulnerability. Colin would do great in a scene like that.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walloo <New&Improved> (View Post)
Come on, he would totally use the kid! Especially knowing that his dad totally ditched him.
I would agree with you 100% if Bae wasn't also Milah's... he didn't want to burn the thing that she made, so I doubt he would want to hurt someone she made. That is what gives me pause on if he would have or not. Because if Bae was not Milah's I do think he would have used him like he tried to use Belle (when he was going to rescue her).

Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

With Captain Fire, I think it would be interesting if they took a similar approach to how the story of Treasure Island was told with Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins.

We all know the story, how Silver starts out as a friend and mentor to Jim, but later betrays him because he has his own agenda. I've always been fascinated by that relationship. Despite Silver's deception it is implied in later more watered down versions of the story that he does have some genuine affection for Jim. But he's such a villain at heart that he never lets that affection dissuade him from being a self-serving scoundrel.

RLS, of course, leaves it somewhat ambiguous. Whereas different film versions can be more (or less) explicit.

Last edited by scififan2009; 04-05-2013 at 11:48 AM
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

That would be fun to see!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
With Captain Fire, I think it would be interesting if they took a similar approach to how the story of Treasure Island was told with Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins.

We all know the story, how Silver starts out as a friend and mentor to Jim, but later betrays him because he has his own agenda. I've always been fascinated by that relationship. Despite Silver's deception it is implied in later more watered down versions of the story that he does have some genuine affection for Jim. But he's such a villain at heart that he never lets that affection dissuade him from being a self-serving scoundrel.

RLS, of course, leaves it somewhat ambiguous. Whereas different film versions can be more (or less) explicit.
I love this idea. And isn't Hook the only man Long John Silver ever feared?
It'd be a nice way to incorporate more story characters the way they made Rumpel 3 different characters.

I'd like to see why Bae left NVL and if Hook was a reason.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me pls
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie