Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Loved Emma in the last episode! her scenes with Mr Gold and Ella were very good!
Jennifer shirtless nice !!!
I'm worried about her deal with Mr Gold.

Icon by fairestcharming
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suite (View Post)
Emma don't know Mr gold/Rumple very well, WE know Mr Gold/Rumple very well
Absolutely. Moreover, I still believe she could get out of this situation, because she's HER

She was absolutely badass and amazing once again in this episode!! Loved all her scenes!! I just love her

But her scenes with Ashley, Henry and Mr Gold were really the best

And OMG!! The Sheriff and Regina Didn't think about that
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
yeah, I think it's important to view it from the character's point of view. But at the same time, while hindsight can be 20/20, I think there is such a thing as deducing, using insight and wisdom, to avoid some fatal errors/mistakes. I think this was the case with Cinderella, as well as Emma too. True, Emma couldn't have known who Mr. Gold was or everything that he is about. But she gathered enough information when tracking Ashley down to suspect that he could be shady and not as upfront as one would like. Therefore, cautiousness also needs to be a factor.
Ok, but the fictional stories are based on errors and conflicts, and even the ''good'' characters must be wrong or likely to create many perfect and unrealistic ''Pollyanna''. It is not easy for a writer to create gray areas. I found everything brilliant, replace Fairy Godmother with Rumple , and Emma/Rumple agreement that has been done probably because narratively will be useful in the future. After all, it speaks only of a favor. From the point of view of Emma was acceptable because she does not know that manipulator is Rumple. The quality of this show is absolute, enjoy it.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ok, but the fictional stories are based on errors and conflicts, and even the ''good'' characters must be wrong or likely to create many perfect and unrealistic ''Pollyanna''. It is not easy for a writer to create gray areas. I found everything brilliant, replace Fairy Godmother with Rumple , and Emma/Rumple agreement that has been done probably because narratively will be useful in the future. After all, it speaks only of a favor. From the point of view of Emma was acceptable because she does not know that manipulator is Rumple. The quality of this show is absolute, enjoy it.
It depends on what type of character representation you're into, though. All writing isn't about exploring the darker side of humanity, the errors and conflict, that human beings are subject to. The purposes for some characters in writing, aka. Disney fairtyales, is to tap into that complete innocence, the purity - the good qualities that human beings can aspire to.

I'll end it there, because I'm not even complaining about the writing here so I don't know how it got off on that. Just making a character observation on one of the more humanistic 'flaws' that Emma, and Cinderella, fell prey to.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

I like that she's flawed and doesn't have all the answers. She struggles and works through things just like the rest of us though admittedly she has a little more on her plate to worry about.

Seriously. It will be that much sweeter when she wins in the end.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't mind if she is flawed, but I do think there are lines that shoudln't be crossed.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think I can overlook the Emma thing more than Cinderella gaffe. Cinderella just saw Rumplestiltskin kill her fairy god mother right in front of her eyes. Meanwhile, Emma has some idea of Mr. Gold's shadiness, but also knows that he owns the town and she is working in a "real" world concept where the favor called upon is not magically binding.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
I think I can overlook the Emma thing more than Cinderella gaffe. Cinderella just saw Rumplestiltskin kill her fairy god mother right in front of her eyes. Meanwhile, Emma has some idea of Mr. Gold's shadiness, but also knows that he owns the town and she is working in a "real" world concept where the favor called upon is not magically binding.
I absolutely agree with this
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
Actually I was thinking the opposite. Cinderella was just a teen. Maybe 17/18 at the time with an abusive family. She was naive and willing to do what it takes to get out of her horrible situation. She didn't even know her fairy Godmother. While Emma is a 28 year old women who has lived a worldly life and has dealt with people like Mr. Gold and should have been smarter about making any deals with him. A man she saw in person the lengths he is willing to do things. Cinderella didn't come off as if she knew anything about him until later. I love Emma don't get me wrong, but that whole thing still rubbed me wrong.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't even tell you the amount of people I've seen online today trying to figure out who Emma's FTL character is.
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really?! She isn't anyone of them. I would think that would be kind of obvious. No offense. She's the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White. Unless there is a version that I don't know of where they had a baby who turned out to be a fairytale character...but the writers and Jennifer have stated that she's was invented by the show.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I've seen that too, I don't get it.

Source (Amandine)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emma isn't a fairytale character, technically. Not a classic one . She's a whole new kind of princess, JenMo's words .
Old 11-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

What a beautiful picture. She's flawless.

Icon by Fiona