Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It wasn't very smart of Emma to make that deal with Mr. Gold. That scene rubbed me the wrong way.
Emma don't know Mr gold/Rumple very well, WE know Mr Gold/Rumple very well
Old 11-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Total Fan

Please add me to the list

"My heart is not cold,
it's broken."
Old 11-14-2011, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by point0fn0return (View Post)
Please add me to the list
Welcome to the thread.

Okay, Emma just rocks more and more with each passing episode. I loved her attitude - I loved her advice, she's trying to get these people to grow the backbones they once had and stand up for what's right. Loved it!!!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It wasn't very smart of Emma to make that deal with Mr. Gold. That scene rubbed me the wrong way.
From the audience point of view, it definitely wasn't smart. I wish she put some conditions in the deal to sa "nothing that involves people I love" or whatever, but she doesn't know that Mr. Gold is more than just the rich/powerful man who owns the town.

Even Henry doens't know who Mr. Gold is in the FTL.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Not sure what to think of the deal she made with Mr. Gold. It was all so murky when it was happening. At first I was screaming no but figure there has to be some wiggle room there. While she might take a hit at some point for it we know she'll come out on top when it's all said and done. I look forward to there battles though.

I just love this character. Tough but vulnerable. Ridiculously beautiful. Strong and stands up for what she believes in yet a little uncertain when it comes to navigating this journey. It's a heady combination and I love how JM portrays her.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
From the audience point of view, it definitely wasn't smart. I wish she put some conditions in the deal to sa "nothing that involves people I love" or whatever, but she doesn't know that Mr. Gold is more than just the rich/powerful man who owns the town.

Even Henry doens't know who Mr. Gold is in the FTL.
Yes, exactly. Emma has no idea that this was Rumplestiltskin she was actually dealing with and I bet that she'll probably be more concerned later on. I want to know what he'll want from her.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No I agree with that, but even if she hadn't she should have worked it out better becasue who knows what he is going to ask her. This is a guy who sells babies in a sense on the black market.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
No I agree with that, but even if she hadn't she should have worked it out better becasue who knows what he is going to ask her. This is a guy who sells babies in a sense on the black market.
Word.

I think I like the... flaws they're giving Emma so far. She's not the 'perfect' savior of the world... she's actualyl doing a lot of things that I just want to smack her for because I want her to go about it in a smarter way.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
True. I think part of the problem was that when she asked, he told her he didn't know yet. So, that kind of puts her in a tough spot. However, she could have maybe thought to place some conditions of her own regarding any deal.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
From the audience point of view, it definitely wasn't smart.
I don't think we need to see the story from our point of view but from the characters point of view, otherwise it alters everything. It 'a bit like when we see around the corner is the murderess but the victim does not know it, we can not criticize it if it runs right into that corner there because she does not know and that is all that matters, not us .
This is a kind of narrative as ''BIG'' with Tom Hanks (according producers) in which the audience knows more of the characters and the first of them, we know that the carousel was before him, who has become great before him, so let's see his mistakes before him, because we've solved all the puzzles, while they see only a corner. Emma know Mr. Gold just like a rich man an agreement only for a purpose which she considers just. We know it's wrong, not her, but real life is so, we see the consequences of actions only made ​​them, that's why we errors often, just as Emma is wrong without realizing it. The same Cinderella. If we start judging is over, here we, as in Colombo know the name of the murderer before him and then see step by step all the errors. But that's the fun.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, I think it's important to view it from the character's point of view. But at the same time, while hindsight can be 20/20, I think there is such a thing as deducing, using insight and wisdom, to avoid some fatal errors/mistakes. I think this was the case with Cinderella, as well as Emma too. True, Emma couldn't have known who Mr. Gold was or everything that he is about. But she gathered enough information when tracking Ashley down to suspect that he could be shady and not as upfront as one would like. Therefore, cautiousness also needs to be a factor.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good scenes with Emma in last night's eppy, I loved her scenes with Ella, knowing that she had the strength to take care of her baby when Emma didn't..and interesting to see that she talked about her experiences with Henry looking on.

Make a deal with Gold though, not good..that is going to come back and haunt her..
Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and I love how Emma was willing to stand up for her and say that if she wants to be a mother to her own baby, than she should. Everyone else always thinks they know better.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen the episode yet But I love those gifs and the quotes