Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
That's was the problem. Nick is not a boss who would put business over his friends. But Schmidt never knew the other way around so he tried to help him from his own experience but it changed Nick. It seemed like he is dad and workers are like children who are spoiled and don't take him seriously. He tried to be the businessman-manager but at the end he saw that he cannot be and he shouldn't be because bar is people to him unlike Schmidt. So there is a difference between job definitions here. In his world you can be a boss without being demanding like that imo. But Schmidt doesn't know that, he thinks business is business and you gotta be a leader/manager first then friend to them.

Look Schmidt is not a person of people. Nick is a person of people. They have different ways and personalities. The important thing is that they have come to that understanding at the end and Nick still listened to Schmidt's advice even I loved it sooooooooooo much!
Sorry, but I'll have to agree to disagree. You can not run a business if your employees walk all over you. I'm not saying you have to be a jerk but you do have to set limits. I agreed when Schmidt said that if the bar failed, they would all be out of a job and that is true. What if the workers decided they didn't want to work their full shift or only came to work when they felt like it? Were too busy breaking glasses to take care of their customers? People would go elsewhere.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Sorry, but I'll have to agree to disagree. You can not run a business if your employees walk all over you. I'm not saying you have to be a jerk but you do have to set limits. I agreed when Schmidt said that if the bar failed, they would all be out of a job and that is true. What if the workers decided they didn't want to work their full shift or only came to work when they felt like it? Were too busy breaking glasses to take care of their customers? People would go elsewhere.
Sure we can agree to disagree I feel like you took it more seriously than me but what I meant to say it was not how it used to be and all of a sudden he changed for them. Nick was sliding glasses himself as you have seen. I understand that friendship and being boss is different things and balancing each one is also difficult but If Nick would have been a boss in his own way from the start I don't think they'd disagree with him. The thing is he was unaware of the situation either till Schmidt reminded him. Can you imagine your best friend being your boss and suddenly he is all "Do that, wear this, you are fired". It is not easy to take, nor to be a boss to your friend. They successfully showed that imo and at the end it was all good.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sure we can agree to disagree I feel like you took it more seriously than me but what I meant to say it was not how it used to be and all of a sudden he changed for them. Nick was sliding glasses himself as you have seen. I understand that friendship and being boss is different things and balancing each one is also difficult but If Nick would have been a boss in his own way from the start I don't think they'd disagree with him. The thing is he was unaware of the situation either till Schmidt reminded him. Can you imagine your best friend being your boss and suddenly he is all "Do that, wear this, you are fired". It is not easy to take, nor to be a boss to your friend. They successfully showed that imo and at the end it was all good.
I'm sure it's not easy to suddenly become the boss or have your friend become the boss. But it's not nice to disrespect your friend also. Anyway, I do love Schmidt but I did not agree with the iron fist part. I can't wait to see how he deals with the messy roommate situation next week. Based on this weeks episode, I think he won't see it as an issue at all.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm sure it's not easy to suddenly become the boss or have your friend become the boss. But it's not nice to disrespect your friend also. Anyway, I do love Schmidt but I did not agree with the iron fist part. I can't wait to see how he deals with the messy roommate situation next week. Based on this weeks episode, I think he won't see it as an issue at all.
I think it was so Schmidty thing to do
Old 01-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it was so Schmidty thing to do
IDK, without going into spoilers, I would think he would have a problem with it. He is to OCD and type A for that to not be an issue.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
IDK, without going into spoilers, I would think he would have a problem with it. He is to OCD and type A for that to not be an issue.
Oh I meant managing with iron fist

For next episode I think he is blinded with love otherwise he'd gone crazy imo
Old 01-16-2016, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh I meant managing with iron fist

For next episode I think he is blinded with love otherwise he'd gone crazy imo
Oh, I agree to both. Especially the blinded by love.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, I agree to both. Especially the blinded by love.
I cannot wait to see!!! I know we'll gonna melt again
Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I cannot wait to see!!! I know we'll gonna melt again
Yup, a couple of puddles, haha...... and I have to go to work after I watch.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what will happen with Schmidtty's job this season.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder what will happen with Schmidtty's job this season.
I don't know but I don't think it will change all that much.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know but I don't think it will change all that much.
Maybe he becomes boss there and can do his bossy things there! He needs more money you know
Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe he becomes boss there and can do his bossy things there! He needs more money you know
Could happen. Gets a promotion. Then maybe he will be able to fit all his furniture in his office.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Could happen. Gets a promotion. Then maybe he will be able to fit all his furniture in his office.
Don Draper's office!!! I swear he is the cutest!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Don Draper's office!!! I swear he is the cutest!
He really is! Are you a Don Draper fan?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread