Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I don't get the appeal either. Especially with the beard but I think it's cute how Reagan looks at him.
Definitely, she is so cute already She's been really a fresh air I loved her and even tho I cannot wait for the next episode I also hate it.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Definitely, she is so cute already She's been really a fresh air I loved her and even tho I cannot wait for the next episode I also hate it.
I feel the same way. It still doesn't seem real that she is leaving. Sigh......
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I feel the same way. It still doesn't seem real that she is leaving. Sigh......
I just wrote something in the spoiler thread about this!!!! AND WHAT WE GOT!!!!!!!

Ok this is a rant thread but I had to say it
Old 02-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just wrote something in the spoiler thread about this!!!! AND WHAT WE GOT!!!!!!!

Ok this is a rant thread but I had to say it
I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I am glad you don't hate her This sucks for us Reagan fans
You know, a lot of Ness fans like Reagan. Just not with Nick
marinaspereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinaspereira (View Post)
You know, a lot of Ness fans like Reagan. Just not with Nick
Yeah I see that and it makes me happy ! As I said before there should have been more to Reagan than just a bump between NJ. It doesn't change that I really like NR together but I would have liked if they kept her as a friend and make people realize things about themselves all the time
Old 02-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah I see that and it makes me happy ! As I said before there should have been more to Reagan than just a bump between NJ. It doesn't change that I really like NR together but I would have liked if they kept her as a friend and make people realize things about themselves all the time
That would have been so cool. Like her first convo with Schmidt, because of Cece. That was an incredible scene. I wish they have stick with this highly perceptive Reagan, who just makes people have a sense of reality.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinaspereira (View Post)
That would have been so cool. Like her first convo with Schmidt, because of Cece. That was an incredible scene. I wish they have stick with this highly perceptive Reagan, who just makes people have a sense of reality.
Yeah I loved that about her so much Nevertheless I love Reagan I don't want her to go
Old 02-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah I loved that about her so much Nevertheless I love Reagan I don't want her to go
Me too, don't go!

When she goes to leave, I'm on the floor grabbing her leg as she drags me. "Nooo!!"
Old 02-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Me too, don't go!

When she goes to leave, I'm on the floor grabbing her leg as she drags me. "Nooo!!"
I will help you
Old 02-13-2017, 03:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

^Me too

♥Furguson
AliceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We do know (and do not dismiss) the bond between NJ. Jess knows what to say and she gets Nick's Millerizms better than any other girl in Nick's life. So does the lofties tho but aside from that, I do think their bond is really strong. However I also really liked Reagan trying to be there and make him happy in her way, and she could do it. Since Nick and Reagan are similar this is all new to her as well.

So I was thinking this can't be the ending and we got that she's not leaving next episode. Now I am thinking probably "love" will be an issue for NR. Because I feel like writers are careful about not giving Nick what he had with Jess in a way that would make the audience "then why would we root for NJ?". Get me? They didn't let them openly tell ILY. They wrote Jess and Ryan that way tho...

And NJ broke up not because they didn't love each other, even tho it felt for me that Nick was more invested than Jess, and Jess was not there that much tbh. I feel like NR will break up because they don't love each other "that much" The way Nick described to Sam last season, we don't see NR "crazy in love". And Jess played glue so far for them, that might become an issue for Reagan too. I feel like her perceptive character should come out soon and she can question this.

It really makes me sad as a Reagan fan because I felt like she was a girlfriend finally with Nick. I mean Nick did so many things with Reagan he couldn't do before even with Jess, like moving in, distance relationship etc. And I think it's the same for Reagan. She opened herself, she tried and gave in. This is gonna suck if they make her a robot like "I don't love you so bye bye." or something like that at the end. I am really dreading to watch the episodes knowing this part is coming. I am friggin excited for other things tho
Old 02-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

I agree. Especially about the Nick and Reagan stuff. I also think that Reagan may be in love. I would say that Nick is as well, but we know he is going to circle back to Jess soon. But she is in love. So I don't see her being robot Reagan.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree. Especially about the Nick and Reagan stuff. I also think that Reagan may be in love. I would say that Nick is as well, but we know he is going to circle back to Jess soon. But she is in love. So I don't see her being robot Reagan.
I didn't mean to say they are not in love. I think they haven't said those words to each other tho. But what I meant to say was that the way they are writing NR is careful not to offend NJ fans imo. So it feels strict. In season 4 when they wrote Jess in love with Ryan and as a comparison she could say it so easily, she could move in with him so easily etc, I think now they are careful about Nick. Because when the man part of the relationship gets serious with another character it ruins the core relationship. People generally want the man to love only one woman. IN GENERAL! Especially after Schmidt S3 fiasco I feel like they are writing JNR triangle more carefully, in a way of making Jess glue for them, making NR not utter those 3 words 8 letters, at least not onscreen, IDK it's just the feeling maybe... Does this feel natural to me? No. But I wasn't expecting them to write NR in a way everyone would jump ship even tho they love Jess and NJ, so it's expectable

A rant from another fan uttering what we said earlier:
Quote:
Loved this episode!
The Winston-Schmidt-Cece plot was funny and heartwarming. All three of them had great lines and the chemistry was fantastic. I'm excited for Winston to get married to Aly (in twenty weeks).
The other plot was a little less exciting. I enjoyed Nick and Jess being high. And I'm a Reagan fan, but it's lazy writing that she doesn't know Nick's ways of expressing emotions by now. I get what the writers are trying to do (show that Jess and Nick are better together than Reagan and Nick), but this is not a believable way to do so. And I continue to be worried that Jess and Nick back together again could torpedo the show, the way it almost did with Season 3.
another rant from me, this is positive for Jess tho. We still didn't get anything from Schmidt or Winston about her feelings. It feels like no one really cared that she confessed her feelings for Nick. IDK what to make of this but it kinda bothers me that no one except Cece tried to protect her. Ok guys are respectively closer to their guy but they are also Jess' friends too and should have at least ask her how she's doing or wth she's doing. IDK. I thought wanting Jess pining after Nick would work but execution sucked imo. I regret my wish

Last edited by lessismore; 02-14-2017 at 06:59 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Loyal Fan

* Takes a deep breath, enters slowly in the room, pulls a chair, sits down, takes a sip of water and goes *

Ok, so I actually chose to come here today so almost all my anger is gone. I can think rationally to talk about it

I'll start with CK's review

Quote:
It made so happy to hear that Nick is in love but it was also a very sad scene because of Jess' heartbreak. Also, my heart broke because Reagan was not in the episode even tho she was listed and she did send a necklace to him instead of something more meaningful. I guess we knew this coming too... I think I knew this precisely too because as I said Nick is now dating himself the Nick Miller version 1.0. The version who got Jess a nude photo with 20 dollars and thinking that he did good? The version that Jess forced and pushed so hard to become this version but then it actually backfired. See Jess, you shouldn't have pushed him that hard... Tho he did better with Julia in Season 1... He did amazing with Jess b-day party too... He is kind of confusing

Moving on, I both hate and love this Jess. First, why she can't be independent of any love interest? Secondly, she could have arranged tons of activities if she wanted to. As Gordon said he is famous and she didn't let anyone else be there? If she didn't tell me Gordon Ramsay was gonna cook for me too I'd hated her Thirdly, the way they write her is insulting to many single people. On the other hand, I love this Jess because she is finally so selfless, finally doesn't push, finally sees what she lost. both Nick and Jess finally see their wrong versions and they can mend on it. I am also still sticking on the explosion she had with Gordon Ramsay coming up between her and Nick soon too. As I thought Nick exploded in mid-season finale and Jess will explode in the pen- ultimate or finale episode, which will make them drift apart but later come together stronger. So I am a firm believer that all this heartbreak will end greatly for her. Which I really want her to be happy as well. I advise to NJ fans to look at the big picture here. I don't understand why they cannot see it while being heartbroken over Jess. At the end, Nick and Jess were each other's valentines. Period. If anything else this episode sucked for NR fans (Pointing to myself. but since I knew this was coming and I already said all of these things would happen I am cool).
My biggest disappointment about the episode is the way the writers are portraying Jess. A person who used to be strong (ie Jess and Julia s1) and now has become the person from whom all friends have pity. Even though she said that she was fine, she was still being treated like a poor thing.
And her making a valentine's card for herself? It was written on Schmidt's face he thinks she is pathetic. Why do that to the character? Since the beginning of the season she is being portrayed as a person who can not be well being single (ie she dated her own cousin). This is bothering a lot, but yesterday was the last straw for me.
I don't see any problem with her wanting to stay at home alone doing her things on Valentine's Day. Nor do I see any problem with her wanting to enjoy dinner with Gordon Ramsey alone. Why does she need to be with someone (boyfriend or friend)? Why can't she be alone without being called sad?
I'm tired of this side of Jess. I'm tired of seing Jess being a good friend to everybody - INCLUDING NICK AND REAGAN - and neglecting herself.
I was truly heartbroken when Nick said he was in love with Jess being right there. It doesn't matter if he knows how she feels or not. She is his ex. Wasn't enough that he showed her he is now the best boyfriend he can be?

And now it's the second part of my ranting post. HOW can the writers want us to believe Nick was a bad boyfriend to Jess? He would "do anything for Jess". He booked an entire cinema, called all her friends and made an incredible video for her birthday.
He made a romantic gesture from Valentine's Day to Julia, who was not a girlfriend for a long time ... and they really want us to believe that he would not do anything special for Jess when they were together?
I can't believe how much they tried to change the story. It was not believable for me.

I know you guys are not Jess and Nick fans. But imagine if in season 4 Schmidt said he was in love with Fawn, with Cece by his side. Imagine if he said that now he was making an effort for his relationship, with Cece listening - and still in love with him. Wouldn't you be sad for her? Wouldn't you be a little angry with him?
I genuinely cried for Jess yesterday. And I'm tired of feeling sorry for her. I want the Jess that was sure of herself back again. I want her to have a fight with Nick and move out of the loft.

Right now I'm not worried anymore if Nick and Jess are going to be together. What I want is Jess out of this depression. I want her focused on herself to be truly happy again.

I can't say for every Ness fan, but for me... I know that eventually everything will be ok... but that doesn't mean I won't get her with her along the way. I'm a very passionate person, and I have a lot of empathy. So, when I saw Jess's face I could feel that stabing pain. That's why I was so upset.

anyway...I wrote a lot... I may have lost my train of thought...but I think that's it.
Reply   Post New Thread