Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
So it was in the four premiere? I thought you said pilot. Or is it in both?
no it is in S4 premiere. He wore tap shoes he thought they were fancy dress shoes but they are tap shoes Schmidt was like "Oh Nick"

Old 07-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
no it is in S4 premiere. He wore tap shoes he thought they were fancy dress shoes but they are tap shoes Schmidt was like "Oh Nick"

Okay, I remember that. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I remember that. Thanks.

TBS Fall 2015 Schedule Part 1 with New Girl; Carol Burnett Will Be Honored at 2016 SAG Awards - SitcomsOnline.com News Blog
Old 07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

I love Carol!!
Old 07-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice then
Old 07-22-2015, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

nothing new but I am confused about ow many episodes Zooey is gonna miss. Because at last they said it will be just one episode since the show is pulled to mid-season. But some media still writes that she will miss 4 episodes.

'New Girl' Season 5 Spoilers: Cece And Schmidt Gets Headline As Jess Goes Missing : Trending News : KpopStarz

They still talk about coach
TBH I'd love other cast members to shine, especially Winnie and Schmece news make me happy
Old 07-22-2015, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
nothing new but I am confused about ow many episodes Zooey is gonna miss. Because at last they said it will be just one episode since the show is pulled to mid-season. But some media still writes that she will miss 4 episodes.

'New Girl' Season 5 Spoilers: Cece And Schmidt Gets Headline As Jess Goes Missing : Trending News : KpopStarz

They still talk about coach
TBH I'd love other cast members to shine, especially Winnie and Schmece news make me happy
They probably don't know about Zooey. I also want to see more of Coach so I hope to see him visit. I would love for more of Winston also.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They probably don't know about Zooey. I also want to see more of Coach so I hope to see him visit. I would love for more of Winston also.
No but I think their news are not updated even tho they post just now. They talk about coach's school SL still.

I want him to visit too
Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not so many new news

Jake Johnson’s Crazy Summer Vacation: ‘Jurassic World,’ Parkour, and a Top-Secret Movie - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Next, Johnson’s headed to Chicago to shoot a super secret feature, “but I’m not supposed to talk about it,” he teases. Then it’s back to New Girl for a new season that promises to keep the sitcom on the track it righted after Season 3’s fan-‘shipped romance, Johnson admits, threw the show off.

“New Girl taught me a big lesson because everyone was pushing for Nick and Jess, and when we got to Season Three everyone was mad at us,” he said. “So, you can’t listen to people. You have to have your vision. I think our show was doing a little bit of a Choose Your Own Adventure where it was like, ‘Well, what’s everyone saying?’”

Season 5 news but kind old and confused news still
New Girl season 5 spoilers: Zooey Deschanel takes leave of absence for childbirth; gives spotlight to Cece and Schmidt in season 5 premiere episode | Vine Reporter
Old 08-03-2015, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Okay, yes and no. You have to have your own vision but you also have to know your audience, see HIMYM. Part of the problem with season three was, that the writing was off. As CK pointed out, it was all about NJ and everyone else was kind of pushed aside. They also screwed up with SCC. I'm not saying we would not have been okay with them not getting together as well as breaking up. Had the writing been there, we would have been too. Schmidt was OOC for half the season. That was also a problem. So, it wrong to blame the fans. They are not in charge. I have also seen it done really well, see Parks and Recreation, were they know their audience and how to write.

Last edited by lessismore; 08-03-2015 at 03:41 AM Reason: Edited img tags
Old 08-03-2015, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, yes and no. You have to have your own vision but you also have to know your audience, see HIMYM. Part of the problem with season three was, that the writing was off. As CK pointed out, it was all about NJ and everyone else was kind of pushed aside. They also screwed up with SCC. I'm not saying we would not have been okay with them not getting together as well as breaking up. Had the writing been there, we would have been too. Schmidt was OOC for half the season. That was also a problem. So, it wrong to blame the fans. They are not in charge. I have also seen it done really well, see Parks and Recreation, were they know their audience and how to write.
I don't think they listened to fans either. Yes fans wanted NJ but at that point I don't think it was early because there was already so much focus on them getting together. Season 2 was entirely build on getting them together as how Season 4 was entirely built on getting Schmece together. Also I think they didn't listen to fans in Season 3 neither, because if they would have listened they wouldn't ruin Schmidt as a character. Schmidt is the break out character of NG, that is a fact. So if you ruin that it creates an axe factor on the show no matter if NJ were a couple or not with that Schmidt the show would suck imo. However the way they wrote NJ as a couple was subtle that it was not gonna last too. If in a relationship you sacrafise to be yourself that wouldn't last...

And Season 4 showed that they learned their lesson but I hope they wouldn't make the same mistakes in Season 5
Old 08-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think they listened to fans either. Yes fans wanted NJ but at that point I don't think it was early because there was already so much focus on them getting together. Season 2 was entirely build on getting them together as how Season 4 was entirely built on getting Schmece together. Also I think they didn't listen to fans in Season 3 neither, because if they would have listened they wouldn't ruin Schmidt as a character. Schmidt is the break out character of NG, that is a fact. So if you ruin that it creates an axe factor on the show no matter if NJ were a couple or not with that Schmidt the show would suck imo. However the way they wrote NJ as a couple was subtle that it was not gonna last too. If in a relationship you sacrafise to be yourself that wouldn't last...

And Season 4 showed that they learned their lesson but I hope they wouldn't make the same mistakes in Season 5
Are you saying, if your not yourself in the relationship, it will fail? I agree. I also agree, Schmidt is a breakout character that they completely ruined for half a season. That's going to cost you. I also think that they did learn from season three.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Are you saying, if your not yourself in the relationship, it will fail? I agree. I also agree, Schmidt is a breakout character that they completely ruined for half a season. That's going to cost you. I also think that they did learn from season three.
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. If you are someone else in a relationship then it is not your relationship and it is doomed to end sooner or later That is why NJ broke up. I know fans -and also you- don't agree that when I say it was so obvious and not abrupt at all but in their relationship they always struggled through accepting themselves as who they are. You can love someone no matter what but if you are a relationship it requires that you love that person as the person he/she is. And some NJ fans are bitter about SC taking the road they believe NJ could have because they have dated more than SC, but excuse me, SC love and accept each other as a whole. They struggled, had troubles and got through them, became stronger. Also, have you ever heard Schmidt or Cece complaining about each other's flaws or things that they do/don't? And that is what they showed through the series and in their build up too. So yeah they are more ready than everyone else to take the marriage road, especially NJ, no offence to anyone

They thought NJ would carry the show but no I don't think NJ was that kind of a couple. They were totally isolated, so who would carry the show especially if you don't give anything else to other characters and mess with your break out character? Funny if they expected Season 3 to be a success.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

I agree with most of what you said. I would have to rewatch a lot of three to see their cracks. And that would be though, lol....

TBH, I haven't rewatched a whole lot of season three, other than some Schmidt and Cece stuff. All I remember is like her birthday and then being happy together. I know they had issues living together and stuff. Like I said, I didn't notice much. Maybe, I just ignored it, cause they seemed happy. But, yeah, you need to be yourself or it won't work.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said. I would have to rewatch a lot of three to see their cracks. And that would be though, lol....

TBH, I haven't rewatched a whole lot of season three, other than some Schmidt and Cece stuff. All I remember is like her birthday and then being happy together. I know they had issues living together and stuff. Like I said, I didn't notice much. Maybe, I just ignored it, cause they seemed happy. But, yeah, you need to be yourself or it won't work.
They seemed happy but when they cracked the first thing Jess said was "if I always tell you what I think we would have fought all the time". And she said to nick that she wants Nick to be himself and vice versa. They ignored or passed over their issues because yeah I do believe they loved each other and tried their best to make it work but case in point they couldn't.

Maybe we can rewatch together; if we can continue our rewatches I am sure we can finish all 4 seasons
Closed Thread   Post New Thread