Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the new thread!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No mention

Kat you asked about online demand right? It won't be on sales in stores but only will be manufactured by Amazon by demand as I understood from the article.

Bringing these news to here:

'New Girl' Star Zooey Deschanel on Balancing Silly With Sincere and 4 Other Emmy Contender Quickie

Quote:
TheWrap: What was the toughest thing you had to do this season?
Deschanel: We have a lot of very silly … comedy we play on the show, and then we have sort of more serious stuff. The tone for the show is kind of unique, so I think just really trying to maintain a strong sense of character within that context is always a little bit challenging. You’ll have to do something really silly and then turn around and have a very sincere moment.

TW: What was the most fun thing you got to do this season?
ZD: Doing a musical with Josh Gad was one of my favorite things. We had Josh and Justin Long on that episode, and that was a fun one.
On one episode, Zoe Lister Jones was playing Schmidt’s (Max Greenfield) girlfriend this season, and I got to have one episode that was basically just her and me. That was fun. I love her.
I love working with all of the actors on the show, but it’s always nice when you have someone new come in; it kind of throws you into a different dynamic, and that’s always really exciting.

TW: Let’s assume that somebody has never seen your show. What would you say to persuade them to watch it?
ZD: I’m not accustomed to trying to sell it to people! I think it’s a show that has a cast with really unique voices. It was one of the best groups of actors I’ve ever worked with, and we have really, really great writers. It’s the type of show where you could definitely get emotionally involved, but also something where you could just forget your day and laugh.
It’s not “Game of Thrones” and its not “Friends” — it’s a unique take on a sitcom.

TW: Who else on your show deserves an Emmy, and why?
ZD: Everyone, really. In different seasons, different people have gotten their bigger moments … I was there throughout the whole casting process and I was able to see each and every one of these people and I know how special they are. We saw like everyone in the world for this show.
The first season, Schmidt got a lot of attention … Season 2 was kind of a lot of Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess (Deschanel) … This season, we got to see more from Lamorne (Morris), and we got Damon (Wayans Jr.) back for two seasons, which was amazing.
[But] I think Season 4 was the season of Winston (Morris). I think it took just a little while for them to figure out exactly how to write for him. And I think Hannah’s (Simone) had a bunch of really amazing stuff this season too — everybody has really had their moment.

TW: If nominated, which episode would you submit and why?
ZD: I think I’d submit “Walk of Shame,” or “Par [5]” — that’s the one with Zoe Lister Jones — or “Spiderhunt.” Especially the second half of the season; there were a lot that were really fun for me to shoot.
I think Lamorne and Hannah definitely deserve awards. They were all good, Max killed it again especially, but Lamorne and Hannah especially shined too. I would nominate "Background Check" from the first half; it is PERFECT! And I agree with Zooey that Season 4 second half is ALL GOOD! SO GOOD!

So New Girl S4 DVD will release on Sept 1 but it will be only on online demand.

New Girl - 'The Complete 4th Season' DVD: Release Date, Cost, Box Art
Fox announces that the 3-disc set will be a Manufacture On Demand title

Quote:
In the hilarious fourth season of "New Girl," love is funny and elusive as the newly single Jess tries to avoid, then hang onto, a sexy British teacher with an adorable accent. Schmidt gets schmid-tten with an ambitious councilwoman, while Nick wants to find a woman who's just like him.

The gang takes on tasks proven to be pretty difficult: the new cop on the block, Winston, tries to prove he's a badass and Coach searches for a woman he hasn't already dated. Plus, Jess's middle name, and the goofy reason for it, is revealed! The whole lovable ensemble walks the line between acting mature and slightly nuts. And speaking of nuts, will Cece ever admit her feelings for Schmidt?
Last November we had the heads-up that New Girl - The Complete 4th Season was already being planned for DVD. Today Fox Home Entertainment has formally announced the 3-disc set for release on September 1st. However, rather than putting it in stores as a traditional release, Fox has elected to make it available instead as an MOD (manufacture on demand) set available online through sellers such as Amazon's CreateSpace MOD program.

Cost is still $29.95 SRP, and we've got finalized package art below. Just above that image is an Amazon button link to the NEW pre-order entry. Because of the new MOD status, this is a DIFFERENT listing at Amazon.com than the one provided last fall (so if you pre-ordered it from there, and if your purchase is still active, you may want to consider cancelling that order and re-ordering it from the new listing at the button link below.

New Girl DVD news: Announcement for New Girl - The Complete 4th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Old 06-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Thanks CK, that's what I thought.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Will you buy it? I want to buy all because I guess I am missing many things without having DVDs.

'New Girl' Cast Member Zooey Deschanel Talks About Fox Series, Emmy Contenders : News : Realty Today

Quote:
"New Girl" star Zooey Deschanel recently talked about her Fox series and revealed some secrets why she thinks the show became a huge success. In an interview with The Wrap, Deschanel said that the formula for making "New Girl" successful was actually simple, and that was to simply make sure she was having fun doing it.

"In my whole career, if I have fun doing something, it usually turns out so much better than something that you don't have fun doing. Especially with a comedy, if you're having fun when you're doing it, people will probably have fun watching it. So I think it's important to keep a good atmosphere," she said.

Meanwhile, the actress also talked about the most difficult scenes and episodes she had to film while she's pregnant.

Talking about her most difficult experience, Deschanel said, "We have a lot of very silly... comedy we play on the show and then we have sort of more serious stuff. The tone for the show is kind of unique, so I think just really trying to maintain a strong sense of character within that context is always a little bit challenging."

When asked what was her most most fun memory this upcoming Season 5, Deschanel teased that it had something to do with funnyman Josh Gad.

In other news, Deschanel also revealed the names of some of her co-stars who she thinks deserve an Emmy. "The first season, Schmidt got a lot of attention. Season 2 was kind of a lot of Nick and Jess. This season, we got to see more from Lamorne and we got Damon back for two seasons, which was amazing," she said.

"New Girl" Season 5 will not feature Deschanel in at least one episode due to her pregnancy. While speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, series creator Elizabeth Meriweather said fans should not be worried about not seeing Jess in "No Girl" because that episode will be solely dedicated to the boys in the series.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG we have no news lately... nada.. ugh
Old 06-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Bec it's summer since I'm sure that we will get more by end of Aug..

is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope so

Zooey

Zooey Deschanel shows off her BIG bump in floral dress in Austin | Daily Mail Online

3 ways to shake up 'New Girl' in Season 5
We're very concerned about Cece and Schmidt, guys.

Quote:
We’re officially into summer now, which means, with a few controversial exceptions (“True Detective” Season 2, we’re looking at you), most of your favorite shows are off for a few months. Instead of plowing through our Netflix binge-watch list, we’d like to use this time to brainstorm ways to shake up our missing shows. Case in point, the Zooey Deschanel-starring “New Girl.” Once one of our favorite hangout sitcoms, the show has taken a lot of odd turns over the years, partly due to the fact that it’s slightly locked into place by its premise: A kooky woman moves in with three dudes. Here are three ways we think the show can get its groove back in its fifth season.

1. Stop messing around with Schmidt

We have no interest in revisiting the Schmidt who dated two girls at once, and we’re a little anxious that he and Cece jumped straight from just friends to engaged. Given how much the show struggled with a happy Nick/Jess pairing, we really want the writers to make this one work. Mine comedy from happiness rather than tragedy for these guys. Which leads us to step 2.

2. No more Nick/Jess

Last season ended with some hints that the central duo might reunite at some point in the future, and while we enjoy Nick the romantic lead quite a bit, we don’t need our hearts broken again. We’re fine with the wistful nod to this couple still having some feelings for each other, but let’s leave it at that. Besides, Jess has so many more weirdos out there to date. Bring back Justin Long!

3. Shake up the living situation

During the “mess with Schmidt” era, he briefly rented the apartment across from the loft, which didn’t quite work. We’d like to see Jess get her own place. She’s a vice principal now! She should try living on her own. Plus, it might turn out to be a fun inversion of the premise, and we think she’d go nuts with FOMO about what was happening in the loft, and maybe a new lady can move in with the guys.
http://www.metro.us/entertainment/3-...QmkM3LhqxmVwI/

Last edited by lessismore; 06-30-2015 at 12:57 PM
Old 07-01-2015, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

I'm not the least bit concerned about Schmidt and Cece, I don't care what they wrote. I have confidence they are going to get it right. They learned a lot with the Jess Nick debacle. Plus they have always written them better than NJ. Even with the stupid season three beginning it was still better, well maybe on par with NJ. But other than that, they have done a good job with SCC. Plus they have really grown the characters to a place where they are ready. I don't think they did that with NJ.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I'm not the least bit concerned about Schmidt and Cece, I don't care what they wrote. I have confidence they are going to get it right. They learned a lot with the Jess Nick debacle. Plus they have always written them better than NJ. Even with the stupid season three beginning it was still better, well maybe on par with NJ. But other than that, they have done a good job with SCC. Plus they have really grown the characters to a place where they are ready. I don't think they did that with NJ.
IA with you.

What I get from the article is that they don't want a repetition of Season 3, which I fully agree. But I am also not worried about SC because their build up has done better imo too and writers should have learned their lesson which they said they did. We got more character development this season for ALL characters and all characters had their SLs while also being together, helping each other, which was all deeply missing from S3 imo.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not newwish but cute

Old 07-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ready to pop! Pregnant Zooey Deschanel covers her huge bump in a pretty blouse as she and fiance Jacob Pechenik take romantic stroll in Austin
Zooey Deschanel and fiance Jacob Pechenik take stroll in Austin | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
She is thought to be due in the next couple of weeks.

So it's no surprise that Zooey Deschanel is taking it easy right now as she showed on Sunday as she took a leisurely stroll with her fiance Jacob Pechenik, 42, in Austin.

The 35-year-old New Girl actress covered her huge pregnant belly in a pale blue blouse and cropped leggings - perfect for keeping comfy in the Texas heat.

I always get Nick

http://www.buzzfeed.com/livortiz87/w...pgc#.lw5n9r5X9

Last edited by lessismore; 07-06-2015 at 02:18 AM
Old 07-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fun article!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hp8spicychic...d27#.fcm2QEaZv
Old 07-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for posting those!

is that what you want?