Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that!
Old 04-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Fox must have been really mad at him, for that previous interview, huh?
I'm feeling discourage for S7...the whole cast is posting saying this might be the series finale... I think they know it will be and are preparing us for that
Old 04-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope not!! We need more, especially after that finale!
Old 04-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

well...we've been having a lot of interviews if Baer and Finkel and they seem to be hopeful for S7. lets see....
Old 04-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that is not the case! There definitely needs to be more after that ending!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
I hope that is not the case! There definitely needs to be more after that ending!
it really does...it doesn't seem like a series finale, right?
im so anxious thinking about this...
Old 04-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been reading the interviews, and it does give me hope that there will be a Season 7 I just want confirmation on that so badly so we can all be at ease for the rest of the hiatus
Old 04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘New Girl’ Season 6 Episode 22 [Spoilers]: Will There Be A Seventh Season? Liz Meriwether Answers

Quote:
I have no interest in The Happy Jess & Nick Show. I'm not opposed to a Cece & Schmidt and Baby Makes Three series, because Schmidt-as-father ought to be comedically fruitful. I just don't want to wait a year to get there.
Critic's Notebook: 'New Girl' Season 6 Finale Should be a Series Finale | Hollywood Reporter

No lies I thought the same. However I feel "ok" with NJ now.

Quote:
Do you feel like season seven is a possibility?

We love the show and we love the cast. It's just fun to write for them. Even if it feels like we've maybe backed ourselves into a corner with Nick and Jess getting back together again, I still feel like there's a lot we can do with the characters. For the last six years, I've always known what my next year is going to look like. This is the first time that I have really no idea. There's a version where both the pilot and the show go away. (Laughs.) I'm just putting my head down and working and hoping we get an answer soon.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...plained-990979
Old 04-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Loyal Fan

From the HR article
Quote:
Maybe it's just that I don't want to do Nick-n-Jess for a third time, because the show didn't do very well with them as a couple either of the first two times
WHAT TWO TIMES? They had one time, one shot...and now it's the second.
You known...I get people not liking a couple and all...I dont have a problem with that, I really don't... But I do have a problem with people blaming Nick and Jess for S3. There were too many factors to consider, they were not the only thing!!!!!!!!! (and tbh I liked S3....)

Quote:
and a mob of 13 sad people marching on the Fox Lot with pitchforks
Man...that's really talking down on the show and fans.

ok...this article was getting me mad, so...I just stopped reading
Its so unfair to see Schmece and Waly getting all the good things in couples life, and people still thinking Ness will be a problem.

Ck, are you really ok with Ness now?
Old 04-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Essentially for me the writing for NJ and Schmidt were very problematic in S3. Also I didn't like NJ as a couple at all. I do like them better in videos I guess but in the course of series they are totally out of my taste.

Season 6 however, once again showed they are capable of leaning towards the problematic writing for S3. Why?

I still do think the writing for NJ is NOT good. This whole season we didn't get to see the reasoning for Jess. And at the end she confessed she doesn't want to love him but she does, and there is no way out of it. So she accepted what it is and wanted a second chance with him so bad. For Nick whole season he didn't realise Jess' feelings, or his feelings, he was mostly oblivious. And in the finale episode we saw that it was all in his book. Which I also predicted at the beginning of S6. That Jessica Night will be the reason he'll come back. So I am asking why Jessica Day couldn't notice anything whole season?

However, at first we thought (as shown) that he has a more mature relationship with Reagan. I thought it might be my bias because I love Reagan. But I do not think so. They could work things out better than how NJ used to do. Then suddenly they erased that and replaced everything with Jess. And showed that Jess was the only reason they were together. This was also so cruel.

Still in the finale episode we saw that he thought there is no way for them. That they are so seperated people and want different things. That he blew out and they broke up. Sothere is no second or third or any chance for them ever. But actually the blame was mostly on Jess for the end of their relationship in S3. Jess pushed him to become someone else and he did what he could do for entire relationship. Still he took the blame. Still there is no talk to hash things out. It's just accepted that he fell in love with her the moment he saw her. (Which is quite the Nick character there, no surprise) And this is done by Schmidt because probably they thought people didn't get why Nick said that in S3 even tho he acted like a jerk towards her at first and didn't want her to move in. With Schmidt being the third eye to that they wanted to emphasize it I guess which worked out fine even by me. Because I believed when Schmidt said it. I also liked the role he played to get them back together. The countinity we get for Schmece or WinAly is not there for NJ. It is just not there. It's given as a "baffeling" situation. I mean aside from whole season finale episode was well planned.

Yes, aside from whole season. But did it make me want NJ? Season 6 sucked again because the entire season focused on the least fav character, who is unfortunately the titular character. Schmece were at the background. They got a house SL but they were not shown together. We got so little things there and there for a newly and happily married crazy in love couple we know. Winston and Aly worked out amazing, still they were not the focus. They entirely wasted a character like Reagan. Jess was ultra annoying aside from a few times. Nick was Nick. It was not how I imagined when I wanted and predicted it was her time to pine after Nick. It really was not what I wanted. And I didn't like it at all. The whole season was not well planned and was not planned as a finale season at all. All aside, like S3 the season also lacked in humor they gave us in S4 and S5.

So, all that being said, for finale season I believe that I might be able to stand NJ, even tho they didn't make me want NJ together again, only if this time they deliver the promises they give us. They promissed us so many other things at the beginning of S6 and they showed a filler season. Now I want to believe they will plan S7 better. Knowing that it might be the finale season. And since it's gonna be a mid-season I am sure it will be well recieved as well.

Schmidty out!

Last edited by lessismore; 04-08-2017 at 12:05 PM
Old 04-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

I agree with a lot of what you said. Especially the NJ part and Jess being super annoying! NR were solid, till they needed a reason to break them up. Makes no sense. They had all season to write towards their reunion. Also Nick does do that, fall in love so quickly. The first time he saw Reagan, the same thing.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinaspereira (View Post)

You known...I get people not liking a couple and all...I dont have a problem with that, I really don't... But I do have a problem with people blaming Nick and Jess for S3. There were too many factors to consider, they were not the only thing!!!!!!!!! (and tbh I liked S3....)
THIS! I absolutely agree! I personally like S3 too (well, I could do without Mars Landing), but I can see why there was such a backlash with the season. There were plenty of other factors going on that changed the vibe of the show that season (Schmidt moving out, Coach moving in, Jess' terrible sister, etc.), but I don't see Nick & Jess as the sole reason or main reason why there was a decline, yet they usually get blamed. But that's just my opinion.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
THIS! I absolutely agree! I personally like S3 too (well, I could do without Mars Landing), but I can see why there was such a backlash with the season. There were plenty of other factors going on that changed the vibe of the show that season (Schmidt moving out, Coach moving in, Jess' terrible sister, etc.), but I don't see Nick & Jess as the sole reason or main reason why there was a decline, yet they usually get blamed. But that's just my opinion.
That wasn't my issue with season three. I'm not a huge NJ fan, but they were okay. I hated the Schmidt Cece thing. I also hated him trying to break up NJ, that just seemed mean. For like half a season Schmidt became a different person. Coach, I love him but it was a bit of a rocky start. Also, the redused screen time for Cece, my fav character, did not help.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
That wasn't my issue with season three. I'm not a huge NJ fan, but they were okay. I hated the Schmidt Cece thing. I also hated him trying to break up NJ, that just seemed mean. For like half a season Schmidt became a different person. Coach, I love him but it was a bit of a rocky start. Also, the redused screen time for Cece, my fav character, did not help.
I agree with you, none of those points helped the season, especially Schmidt's arc. I didn't like his vengeful side at all, or the cheating.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
I agree with you, none of those points helped the season, especially Schmidt's arc. I didn't like his vengeful side at all, or the cheating.
Yeah, the writers admitted that the writing that season wasn't the best. Especially the Schmidt arch, they thought it was going to be received differently. I would have been okay had he chosen Elizabeth and then it didn't work out. Then Schmidt and Cece make their way back together, but to date both, that was so hard to watch. I liked Elizabeth, and I love Cece and have been on the Schmidt Cece train since Cece Crashes.

Btw, I am not a huge NJ fan, but I love your list of top couples. Most are favorites of mine.

Last edited by KatB; 04-09-2017 at 10:04 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread