Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2016, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Megan Fox Joining the New Girl Cast as a Series Regular?

I don't want her to replace Zooey/Jess
Old 02-23-2016, 12:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Really? Megan Fox? I am so surprised by that news.

Did Zooey/Jess leave? How would that work? She was the star of the show
Old 02-23-2016, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
Really? Megan Fox? I am so surprised by that news.

Did Zooey/Jess leave? How would that work? She was the star of the show
Hellooo!! Welcome!!

Megan Fox is guest starring right now in Zooey's absence and she is pretty good imo. But probably her becoming a regular is just teasing I hope

Zooey had a baby during last summer and had a maternity leave. So she is absent from a few episodes (6). In the show she is sequestered for jury duty for a month. But Zooey is back on set for a while now and she will be back on the show with March 8 episode

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...7754&tid=ss_tw

Quote:
The actress and show: Zooey Deschanel, “New Girl”

What they did: Hid it… and her. The fifth season implemented the usual hijinks at first, including Jess (Deschanel) being laid up in bed after breaking a lot of bones while falling down a flight of stairs, and then having to ride a scooter. But then Deschanel was written out of the show for six episodes (her character was sequestered for jury duty), making room for Reagan (Megan Fox) to come in.

Did it work? It’s a bit weird to have a show called “New Girl” without said girl. But it is certainly a unique way to handle it.

I didn't know about this:

Quote:
The actress: Katey Sagal, “Married With Children”

What they did: A combination of writing it in and hiding it, due to tragic circumstances. Sagal’s first pregnancy was originally written into the show, but after she gave birth to a stillborn child at eight months, the show’s writers made the entire pregnancy part of a dream sequence so Sagal wouldn’t have to deal with having a baby in her character’s life after losing her real one. When Sagal became pregnant again a few years later, they chose not to write it in again, this time opting for careful camera framing and a few episodes where Peggy was only featured as a voice on the phone.

Did it work? Does it matter? The writers did what they had to do in order to make a terrible situation slightly less painful.
Awww

Last edited by lessismore; 02-23-2016 at 05:33 AM
Old 02-23-2016, 06:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I share the following news. I think the only important thing is that they fished out her of filming -at lunch time- with one of her children, but may be of interest to her fans.

Information source: dailymail.co.uk

Fringe benefits! Megan Fox slings an eye-catching tasseled handbag across her body as she dresses down for lunch

It looked almost like she was sporting an over-sized sporran.
Megan Fox wore an unusual fringed handbag across her body when she stepped out for lunch at Poquito Mas in Santa Monica on Monday.
The grey leather bag sat exactly where a Scot would wear his pouch on the front of his kilt.

And the extra long fringe reached the 29-year-old actress's knees.
The beautiful brunette, known for her sexy style, was casually dressed in a grey sweatshirt over black leggings and Nike sneakers.

She covered her eyes with a large pair of brown-tinged shades with clear plastic rims and accessorised with one long chain and two longer ones.
And she fiddled with her headphones as she walked across the carpark.

The star, who shares sons Bodhi, two, and three-year-old Noah with estranged husband Brian Austin Green, 42, appeared to be on her own.
Megan filed for divorce from the former Beverly Hills 90210 star on August 21, a few days after the couple announced their separation. They tied the knot on June 24, 2010 at the Four Seasons Resort on Maui.
The now single mother has been busy with her career.
She has temporarily taken over the lead in sitcom New Girl, filling in for Zooey Deschanel, who is on maternity leave. Megan is roommate Reagan, a pharmaceutical sales rep.

[To view larger photo, click on them]

Well, I didn't see this news was uploaded, so I leave also. I see external links that leave the forum. Is it always allowed? I copy and paste the news because I don't know in what cases I could put it and when I couldn't.

Star Megan Fox Disses Ellen Degeneres? Praised For Replacing Zooey Deschanel On “New Girl”

Megan Fox recently appeared on "The Ellen Degeneres Show," after appearing for the first time as a temporary replacement for Zooey Deschanel in the hit TV comedy, "New Girl." [Watch the video below].

Megan Fox, who is about to turn 30 this May, talked to Ellen about her fears of aging.
"When you're young, that sounds so old," the "Ninja Turtles" actress said. "When you're in high school or even when you're in your early 20s, it still sounds like, 'By the time I'm 30, I should just give up.' What's the point of going on at that age?"

Fox went on to say, "And then you turn 30 - I'm turning 30 later this year - you don't feel any older at all."

Ellen Degeneres, who is 58 years old, offered her take on the subject.

"I agree with you," DeGeneres said. "Because when I was younger, I would think somebody 50, 60 years old was, you know, just like..."
"In a hospice?" Megan Fox chimed in, which slightly threw Degeneres off her train of thought.

"I'm just saying!" the "New Girl" actress quickly said, trying to recover. "When you're young, that's what you think."

"I wouldn't go that far," Degeneres said, laughing along. "but certainly close to going to a hospice, yes."

While Megan Fox might have meant no offense on her quip, a journalist slammed the "New Girl" actress, accusing her of "ageism."

"It's a microaggression, a seemingly harmless expression often made without malicious intent that nonetheless speaks to our underlying attitude about people as they age," Ann Brenoff wrote for Huffington Post.

Despite this, Megan Fox seems to be gaining praise over her first appearance on "New Girl" as a temporary replacement for Zooey Deschanel, who had to go on maternity leave.

"It shouldn't be surprising that Fox slides into this world without any difficulty," the Hollywood Reporter said of the actress' introduction in the series. "When she's given good dialogue, Fox is funny, and her character has an accurate and reductive perspective on how predictable the flatmates have become that the writers would be wise to heed."

Information source: en.koreaportal.com

EDIT: I tried to insert the youtube video that accompanying note but I can not see that.

Last edited by lessismore; 02-23-2016 at 07:56 AM Reason: Double post
Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Marisol! Thank you for posting. I didn't post the Ellen one because it seemed kind of biased. I watched it and she doesn't diss Ellen there at all imo, she says when she was young 30 was old for her and now she is 30 and she doesn't feel like it. Same goes for the age of 50 and Ellen who is someone near 60 kind of gets upset I guess. BTW, Ellen doesn't show her age as well imo

Quick reminders about posting dear:
1. You are not allowed to double post here. Which means you have to post if someone has posted after you or 24 hours have passed after your post. If you want to add or post something new before anyone else has posted after you or 24 hours have not passed, you need to edit your current post Now I will merge your posts.

2. You can just post the link (url) if you don't wanna post the all the text. The links are automatically opens a new tab/window. No need for further adjustment Just copy/paste the whole url here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me Here are basic rules for posting here at http://www.fanforum.com/f372/announc...d-1-31-16.html

Last edited by lessismore; 02-23-2016 at 08:01 AM
Old 02-25-2016, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ratings are steady

Ratings News - 24th February 2016 | Spoilers

The show is still the strongest comedy on FOX!

This is cute

http://www.bustle.com/articles/14373...hese-10-things

Last edited by lessismore; 02-25-2016 at 04:14 PM
Old 02-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy about the good counts, this is very good news

EC | ADC

Old 02-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you! It makes me so happy to see show is successful

This is old news except Megan Fox candid
Megan Fox Teases ‘New Girl’ Romance Between Reagan & Nick | Megan Fox : Just Jared

What do you think?

http://telltaletv.com/2016/02/9-tv-c...ally-happen/2/

Last edited by lessismore; 02-27-2016 at 01:19 PM
Old 02-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing new but still

Megan Fox is new 'New Girl' filling in for Zooey Deschanel
Old 03-03-2016, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We are celebrating 100th episode!!! (A bit late but whatevers )

Old 03-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
We are celebrating 100th episode!!! (A bit late but whatevers )

Yeah, but is it late if we haven't got our 100th? And for me, that's Zooey's first episode back.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Yeah, but is it late if we haven't got our 100th? And for me, that's Zooey's first episode back.
Well yeah that's Zooey's first episode back That's why they celebrate it as the 100th episode rather than Reagan, 5x6

AWWW

Last edited by lessismore; 03-03-2016 at 12:45 PM
Old 03-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She is looking stunning.

EC | ADC

Old 03-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They all do!!

Will Megan Fox Become A 'New Girl' Regular?

I really want her to pop up time to time

Last edited by lessismore; 03-06-2016 at 06:04 AM
Old 03-10-2016, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Girl cast celebrates 100 episodes: 'It's surreal'
Lamorne Morris, Max Greenfield, Hannah Simone, and Zooey Deschanel share their favorite on-set memories over the past five seasons

New Girl cast celebrates 100 episodes: 'It's surreal' | EW.com

Good articles:
New Girl Season 5 Better TV Show Without Jess

Quote:
Still, no one cast member steps up to replace Jess. Instead, they band together and all replace her as an ensemble. No one ever monopolizes the story line; everyone takes turns, and every relationship gets its moment in the spotlight: Nick and Schmidt, Schmidt and Cece, Cece and Winston, Winston and Aly. And let’s not forget Reagan and everyone else. In her five episodes, Megan Fox manages to have major plotlines with each of the five leads, including Jess. Without Jess, the cast got infinitely better at supporting each other. Before they turned to her for everything, but during the jury duty arc, they learn to figure things out together.
After Megan Fox's Guest Arc, Does 'New Girl' Need Zooey Deschanel Anymore? - The Atlantic

Quote:
The mere fact that the show didn’t really need Jess around to function has its own fascinating implications. Getting to 100 episodes has long been a special milestone for a sitcom, since it traditionally signified the moment a show could be sold into syndication and essentially play in repeats forever. New Girl isn’t a ratings killer for Fox, and until now it seemed like it was limping toward an inevitable conclusion with Schmidt and Cece’s wedding. But it has clearly has a chance to remain interesting, even with Deschanel back. If Jess and Nick snap back to their old habits, then the show may truly be out of ideas. But if it acknowledges the outsize impact Fox’s guest arc had—and explores the startling idea that Jess may not be as essential to the group dynamic as previously thought—then there’s no reason to think New Girl couldn’t carry on for years. Or that other sitcoms couldn’t benefit by doing the unthinkable.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread