Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Girl 5th Year Anniversary Celebration - Party Time In Apartment 4D!

header credit: chasing the sun

♡thankyou♡

Here we are celebrating another big milestone for New Girl Board. New Girl Season 1 premiered on Sep 20th, 2011 and Season 6 will premiere on Sep 20th, 2016! Five years of a great show and five years of our little family here. Nevertheless it's not just that five wonderful years we are celebrating, it's that New Girl Board keeps the love growing. We are also celebrating here upcoming 6th season with more than 100 episodes, more than 100k posts with more than 550 threads here, our twitter (which is followed by Max (Schmidt) and Lamorne (Winston)) and our tumblr reaching more than 1.000 followers less than a year. Here's hoping for more of all... It's also amazing to know our passion is appreciated by New Girl officials, cast and crew. For instance, Max personally thanked for our support.

Thank you to all mods (permanents and temps) and to all of our posters. Let's party!

- Apartment 4D (lessismore and ||michelle||)
boardjourney♫
the temp mods are appointed: MelBelle2, s e r e n i t y, danielle002 |
the board opened: August 1st, 2011 (one month before it was released) |
the show premiered: September 20th, 2011 |
the 10,000th post was made: November 4th, 2011 |
the 100th episode aired: February 9th, 2016 and March 8th, 2016 |
the 6th season will premiere: September 20th, 2016 |

boardmilestones♫
| 10k Celebration
| 25k Celebration
| 1st Year Celebration
| 50k Celebration
| 2nd Year Celebration
| 4th Year Celebration
| New Girl Celebrates 100 Episodes!
| 5th Year Celebration

header credit: lessismore

✐celebrationtestimonials✎
lessismore
From the moment I've watched the pilot five years ago I knew New Girl would be one of my obsessions.
All characters are so fun and relatable, so that these friends, lovers and idiots easily became my family. Which I can't wait for more.
Now that Schmidt and Cece are married I'm extra excited for Season 6. I hope we can see more of them in the upcoming years and keep sharing our love here.
I'd like to thank to everyone whom involved for creating such a great show, and to all mods and posters who keep here alive. Especially to Yvoné welcoming me
and encouraging me for becoming a mod; to Kat who've become one of my closest friends here, and to Michelle who've become Nick to my Schmidt
- cK
||michelle||
Five wonderful years at and with five amazing seasons of New Girl!
It's been an amazing and exciting journey for me as well even tho I've become a co-mod just recently.
This board is such a happy place and I can't begin to tell how much I appreciate all of our posters coming here and sharing our love and passion for New Girl!
Special thanks to my lovely co-mod, my part owner, Schmidt to my Nick, cK (lessismore). She is doing a great job turning here to a home for all of us New girl lovers.
I hope I can continue posting and modding here. But in anyway this place will only grow.
Thank you to you all. Here's to many more seasons and celebrations.
- Michelle
brokenmelody
Congrats on five years everyone! I started watching this show a few years ago and I'm so glad I did.
It always makes me laugh, and I love the friendships and relationships on the show.
I enjoy posting here and the mods do an amazing job of keeping the board a fun place for everyone to discuss the show.
I'm looking forward to many more celebrations to come.
- Ingrid
KatB
I can not believe it's been five years. Five years since I found this show a month or more before it aired on TV. FOX had it available online before the premiere and I was instantly hooked. I had the pilot memorized before the second episode aired. Who knew that this group of misfits would feel like family by the end of the first season. So, thank you Liz. Because if it's not on the paper, it's not on the stage. Also thank you to Hannah for being so honest in your portrayal, especially in season four. Max, you took what could have been a one dimensional character and gave him depth. To see Schmidt grow from a man who was so broken, that he couldn't accept unconditional love to the man who did everything he could for the women he loved, has been such a pleasure and the best surprise. We rarely see growth like that on a sitcom.Also shout out to Lamorne for his lovable betrayal of Winston that has never felt like a consolation prize, when Damon had to leave after the pilot. Zooey, thank you for being as they say adorkable but knowing when to reel it in. As a result, you never felt like a caricature or one dimensional. Jake, what can I say, Nick has been so unpredictably funny. But you managed to melt my heart at times. Especially in that first kiss and throwing a birthday party. Damon, what can I say? First off a huge thank you for coming back the first chance you could. I loved you from the pilot and was so excited to hear that you would make a return appearance. Then you became a regular. What?! I could not believe it.

I first came to FanForum a couple years ago after a Facebook friend invited me to talk about Hart of Dixie. I remember popping in here from time to time but there would be weeks with little to no activity. Then after Hart of Dixie ended, my days here were numbered. But one day out of the blue I dropped by to talk about something and got such a warm reaction, I had to respond. Thank you, CK! I will never forget it. I spent a couple years on the other board never feeling like I fit in. I would post and be ignored. That never happened here. While other boards can have people who can be unkind, here all are welcome. We may not always agree, but we welcome discussion. I also want to thank CK for fostering that under her supervision and her encouraging me in my writing. Who knew I had that in me or that I would find so much enjoyment. This place got me through a dark time this years when I was out of work. When things were getting to me, I could come here and share a laugh or two. So here is to many more years. I have a feeling these friendships will outlast the show. Like Nick and Schmidt and their college friendship.
- Kat
Tuh-V8
Congrats on 5 years to the New Girl board! I love the show, especially Schmidt & Cece and I love posting in their thread! Here's to 5 more seasons & 5 more years and more for the board!
- Jessica
Icomefromalanddownunder
Hmm. A five year New Girl testimonial… I remember watching the Pilot when it first premiered on TV here.
I enjoyed it and thought this was a show I could watch as a bit of light hearted fun on a Sunday evening. So, it started as a something to tune into and have a laugh with before the work week started.
But it wasn’t long before I was pretty well hooked. New Girl went from something that I watched for a bit of fun to must see comedy. I related to Nick in a lot of ways but all the characters had something to add.
They complemented each other as their relationships developed. I was particularly taken with Nick and Jess but could always see Schmidt and Cece’s on and off relationship turn into something.

After the highs of season 2 (for me anyway), Season 3 was a bit of a letdown. As funny as Coach was at times, I thought his reintroduction disrupted the flow that the first two seasons set up. Although it was always on the cards, I was gutted in the way Jess and Nick broke up. I found it hard to watch the remaining episodes of that season. I didn’t pick Season 4 up again until it had nearly finished airing. It started to go back to its origins and had a better feel. It probably helped that I could binge a good part of it. I’m still a Jess and Nick fan and for me, that season held the spectre of it being rekindled, especially in the final. Season 5 was better again. Personally for me, not having Coach has brought back the balance of the first two seasons. It had a better vibe. The wedding was an obvious highlight but having Winnie in a relationship and the hint of Nick and Jess has set up Season 6 nicely for me. The show has provided me with highs and lows; many more of the former. I am looking forward to seeing the show, characters and relationships continue to grow and develop. I have been entertained and immersed with New Girl. I hope that continues over the coming season(s).
- Kevin

Charlone
5 seasons of New Girl. 5 years of New Girl in . But the reasons I have for celebrating this are much more than five.
I wasn't here since the start, but I can remember how active this board was when it opened. I started posting here when the board was going through hard times, and I've gotten to see it almost being closed.
Now everything is different and no one can imagine that this board had a difficult moment - we're full of emotion and excitement. Because that's what both, New Girl and the board, makes us feel.
Now we're full of energy to talk about everything, because the characters are amazing and funny, and the chemistry they have when they're together can't be explained. It's been amazing to have the opportunity to enjoy both,
and it's great to see how much the board and New Girl grew from the start. I'm sure that's not going to stop.
- Gina

AutumnColorsღ
New Girl is one of my favorite comedy shows airing currently on TV. The characters are hilarious and relatable. Zooey rocks it as the leading lady, Jess. The New Girl board has a friendly, welcoming vibe with great fanbase. The mods are super kind. I look forward to the new season arriving soon. Hopefully my OTP, Nick and Jess reunite. Here's to another amazing milestone in the future for the New Girl Board.
- Jenny

BleedingBlue
The Best thing about New Girl is that you have this group of lovable flawed people that just fit together. Winston, Nick, and Schmidt feel like best friends, as well as Jess and Cece. They are a group that I would love to call my friends, my family.
- Julie

Movies
Five years, wow, congrats to the amazing milestone! I just discovered this board in this year and I have to say I am glad I did. Everyone in here is very nice and it's a lovely community. I feel very welcomed here immediately and this board motivated me to watch more New Girl as well. Ready for the new season and posting with you guys about it. Congrats again to five years just in time for season 6! Cheers!
- Markus

L i N d $ @ y
Congrats on 5 years to the New Girl board! I hope you all have many more milestones ahead and thanks to the past and present mods who have kept the board going until now. Cheers everyone!
- Lindsay

Amyღ
Congrats to everyone on reaching 5 years at FanForum! This board is such an amazing part of the community. It's like a little family and all the posters and mods are so nice and inviting. I have loved posting on this board and chatting with everyone about New Girl. Thank you to cK and Michelle for being such wonderful mods for this board. Now it's time to celebrate
- Amy

✧celebrationicons✧

credit: Charlone

credit: chasing the sun

credit: lessismore - many more icons are here: http://www.fanforum.com/f372/new-gir...ares-63105666/

♥iconicmoments♥

&manymore...

nowdance&trueamerican

gifs credit: lessismore
thank you to you all!

Last edited by lessismore; 08-26-2016 at 01:14 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on celebrating 5 years.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stephie* (View Post)
Congrats on celebrating 5 years.
Thank you for celebrating!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wonderful anniversary ! Congratulations!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Congrats on the 5 years. The OP looks lovely.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Happy anniversary!!
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Amazing OP! Congratulations on 5 years!!
*Felicity*
LostShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Congrats!!!

The OP is so beautiful
Old 08-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats w/ 5 years!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations, once again!

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Lovely OP and congrats on 5 years everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you so much for celebrating guys!!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Congrats guys! What an amazing milestone! 5 years wow

The OP is so breathtaking
Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Congrats guys! What an amazing milestone! 5 years wow

The OP is so breathtaking
Hey Markus Thank you for celebrating! We got our special titles too!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

this is stunning congrats!