Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree on that. Maybe three seasons is about all I can handle before the delays start to get really contrived.

Spoiler:
Old 10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
New Fan

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I almost fainted when Sam and Jess were making out. That was the writers clearly teasing us. I thought it was Nick for sure. He hands her a sex mix tape and you see Jess making out with a guy! What else are we supposed to think?!? Wow, so many feelings right now, lol.

Awesome episode. Love this show and this soon to be couple.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

I was on twitter, and EVERYONE thought that was Nick! Haha! The writers/director did that on purpose at the end of the episode! You didn't see the guy's face right away!

I LOVE this episode. It's perfect.

Jake and Zooey have such a good chemistry! WOW!

I'll go more into detail once everyone sees the episode!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 PM
New Fan

OMG!!! I loved that she got all twirly over Nick and it was a moment where Nick was being a complete goofball or as Jess would call him "clown." SO AWESOME!!! I also love when they yell out each other because the PASSION - DUH! But my favorite moment when they yelled at each other was his total failure at his attempt to act like he wasn't attracted to her and ESPECIALLY when he wanted to know why she didn't think they would work out.

The best of the episode though, for me wasn't the date or the fight but the moment he was building furniture for her because it alludes to the great conversation with Winston about marriage and a possible future for them because it could SO work out between them, damn it JESSICA! Loved when he called her Jessica and oh, the mix tape!!! That is just... indescribable, he goes against all the boundaries for her, FOR HER!!

I love them so much, they won't be the death of me but certainly the slow and angsty torture of me because I'm pretty sure that their getting together will be prolonged for at least 2 seasons but I certainly hope that isn't the case. Sorry for my rant but I just love all of the "NESS" moments this season and I'm just on a beautiful plaid and rabbit eared cloud! This episode was the best, but am I the only one that thought that absolutely wasn't Nick making out with Jess at the end, I mean physically it was so obviously Sam?

OHH! And she totally needs him to have sex!! She either needs to date him, spend time with him shopping, or even the reminder of him via his mixtape during sex... ummm... can we just skip to them having sex together? You know, nerdy weird sex that works for the both of them? That would be awesome.

And Nick totally tore and tugged at my heart when he sounded so dejected after their fight and when she said she was gonna chat it up and call Sam (eww) and Yes the chemistry between Nick/Jake & Jess/Zooey is palpable.

Last edited by blushingbrunett; 10-02-2012 at 11:14 PM
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushingbrunett (View Post)
This episode was the best, but am I the only one that thought that absolutely wasn't Nick making out with Jess at the end, I mean physically it was so obviously Sam?
I recognized it was Sam immediately. Bummed me out quite a bit.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessLuv2012 (View Post)
I recognized it was Sam immediately. Bummed me out quite a bit.
Yeah, he's totally lame but I think that of everyone that's a significant other to Nick and Jess that aren't Nick or Jess.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Loved when he called her Jessica
I totally missed that and now I'm sad.

Quote:
I'm just on a beautiful plaid and rabbit eared cloud!
Hee!

Quote:
I mean physically it was so obviously Sam?
Yeah, it didn't even occur to me that it might be Nick. That would've been a thrilling, tragic moment...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

The best of the episode though, for me wasn't the date or the fight but the moment he was building furniture for her because it alludes to the great conversation with Winston about marriage and a possible future for them because it could SO work out between them, damn it JESSICA! Loved when he called her Jessica and oh, the mix tape!!! That is just... indescribable, he goes against all the boundaries for her, FOR HER!!

THIS right here. It's so IMPORTANT.

I'm so glad you brought it up!

Winston made a point to say that "most importantly" you can't build the dresser for her because it means you'll eventually be sharing it with her. And then we heard Sam say that you'd only build it for MARRIAGE.

What I adore about Nick is that he would do ANYTHING for Jess, always. Regardless if Winston or other people think he's being a push over or a "fluffer." I LOVE that he told Jess that he doesn't want people telling him what he can or can't do for her. I LOVE that. Because he puts her first, always and always. And we have seen that throughout season 1 and the first 3 episodes of season 2 thus far.

Few things I adore:

Nick got mad at Jess during their BIG fight. BUT as he was leaving and saw that she lost her cell again, he just couldn't help himself. He called her anyway to help her find it! Because she is more important to him than an argument or pride. This happened SECONDS after their argument.

I love that he build the dresser for her because he wanted to do it. She didn't make him. He just couldn't help himself. I just think she is so important to him that being there for her is instinctive. It's not something he thinks about. He just does it.

Bravo to Jess for being the first to admit that she thinks about Nick that way.

Also, can we say their reactions were adorable? Nick looked so happy when she said she thought about him. And then Jess got so excited when Nick basically admitted the same thing at the end of the episode.

Also, during the date, they couldn't stop laughing and smiling and having fun.

And I got to say that in this episode, Jess kept looking at Nick even in a more loving way.

Nick said he doesn't want to help her have sex. BUT he still gave her a "sexy mix tape" to HELP her. He just keeps doing sweet things for her.

I have to give the writers major props for this episode because I've seen a LOT of tv shows. And I've never seen a couple so openly discuss their attraction BEFORE getting together. I mean, the writers were realistic in having Nick and Jess have such an honest conversation about how they feel. It's cute.

Another interesting thought, during the argument, Nick really wanted to know why Jess thought it would not work. And I LOVE their fights because they are so passionate and intense. And in this fight, you'd think they were a married couple because they know each other SO WELL, it's crazy. They know the personalities they have. The weirdness and quirks they have. It's adorable.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Another interesting thought, during the argument, Nick really wanted to know why Jess thought it would not work. And I LOVE their fights because they are so passionate and intense. And in this fight, you'd think they were a married couple because they know each other SO WELL, it's crazy. They know the personalities they have. The weirdness and quirks they have. It's adorable.
Yes! I love the passion between them and that they can really go no-holds-barred and really go off on one another because I personally think that they have a trust and security in one another that makes them comfortable with being so hard on each other and feel safe enough to know that they will still be there for each other.

I also liked seeing Nick beating himself up over their argument. He is always so deeply affected by moments like that, he really cares for her and it's so evident in those moments just like after their argument and butt shaking competition or "fight," he was so affected and didn't like getting to the point of yelling at her like that, I assume. And then he is always so eager to fix his wrongdoings, even with the premature apology in the last episode, which makes me all the more curious of what he does to hurt her because that means he will be incredibly affected and that will tear at my heart.

Again, the mix tape, I loved it as a callback to the Season 1 finale where they play the old mixtape he made for some girl that probably didn't even know his name and here he is making one for HER, one that is "close to his heart." And I love that Jess' relationship with Sam is so tainted with great Nick sentiments, it makes me happy.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

I think they'll admit to it by the end of the season, or Nick will realize, and reveal, that he's in love with Jess. I think it'll be him first realizing it, not Jess...then again, now that I'm thinking about it, it could be Jess first too. I don't think they will drag it out longer than the third season. People will start to get tired of it. There's only so much they can do with the dragging out of Nick/Jess until it starts to get tiring and boring.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
I think they'll admit to it by the end of the season, or Nick will realize, and reveal, that he's in love with Jess. I think it'll be him first realizing it, not Jess...then again, now that I'm thinking about it, it could be Jess first too. I don't think they will drag it out longer than the third season. People will start to get tired of it. There's only so much they can do with the dragging out of Nick/Jess until it starts to get tiring and boring.
I agree. I can't see how they can drag it over season 3. That's why I was wondering what the authors are trying to do with "Fluffer", since it came so early this season. And the fact that Liz Meriwether (thanks!) seems not afraid at all to doom the show by getting them together, it's even more positive.
They will kiss this season, I just feel it! And I agree that one of them (I too think it'll be Jess, Nick is still in such denial) will soon realize there's more than attraction and friendship between them.
The only thing that will drag the plot until the kiss (and maybe over) it's what Jess said at the end of the episode, i.e. that she doesn't want to screw up things with Nick because he's too important for her. Besides the fact that that's a huge statement from someone who is (apparently) not in love yet, I think that being roommates and the fear of screw things up will be the the only two actual obstacles until then. For both of them, once they'll both realize their feeling.
Waiting for next episode is too hard!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

this ep was so awesome I literally cried during that scene where Nick & Jess were fighting, it was so funny ugh I love them so much
Damon & Elena
Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loezzzje (View Post)
this ep was so awesome I literally cried during that scene where Nick & Jess were fighting, it was so funny ugh I love them so much
that scene was amazing

and guhh I loved "I just care about you too much"

Last edited by redrose13; 10-03-2012 at 08:53 AM
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

'I'm the boyfriend without the rewards!'
'You want the rewards?'
'What? With you? No blahh '
'Don't say blahh !'
'blahh '

Damon & Elena
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Her being turned on by his peanut puns was a great sign of how well suited they are. He's surprised she's into that, because with other girls we've always seen him try to be smooth and not himself 'cause he's worried it'll be a turn off. And she's already seen him at his most embarrassing!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread