Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Totally, we all know he wants to. lol
Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

I adore that he even joked about having sexy times with her!

While looking at all the pretty GIFS on tumblr of Nick and Jess, I noticed a few things!

Someone made a good point of saying that Caroline at one point told Nick that she didn't even knew he cared about her until after they broke up. Well, with Jess, it's quite the opposite. EVERYONE can see how much he cares about Jess. He actually goes out of his way to show that he cares about her. I wonder also if that's because now he realized how important it is to show you care about someone if you do.

Then again, it seems like Nick does all these things with Jess without really noticing it or putting much emphasis on them. It's like second nature. So maybe, he doesn't realize it yet.

Another thing I've noticed is that Nick is a BAD gift giver. Yet, he gave Jess the PERFECT present.

ALSO, Nick told Jess at the beginning of the episode that she should give Paul a gift that reflects her feelings for him. SO then we see HIS gift to Jess, and it completely reflects how much Nick cares for Jess! I think that beginning scene was a foreshadowing about Nick and Jess and what happened later on. He gave her a gift that obviously screams how much he adores her. Again, I think this is just him acting naturally with her without realizing what he is doing.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ALSO, Nick told Jess at the beginning of the episode that she should give Paul a gift that reflects her feelings for him. SO then we see HIS gift to Jess, and it completely reflects how much Nick cares for Jess! I think that beginning scene was a foreshadowing about Nick and Jess and what happened later on. He gave her a gift that obviously screams how much he adores her. Again, I think this is just him acting naturally with her without realizing what he is doing.
I thought about that to, them talking about giving a gift that reflects her feelings and then seeing what Nicks gift was. Him missing his flight and being the first to start the yelling to get the lights turned back on.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

And it's also the fact that he had PLANNED the whole thing. He told Jess in the car when they got to that street that it was his present...however, that he had screwed it up since they were late.

So it's the idea that he knew her well enough to know exactly what to get her.

I just uploaded a Nick and Jess music video! Enjoy!
Nick and Jess (New Girl) : Blink - YouTube

Walter and Paige

Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt! Woah, look at their fans list

Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

YES, the fans keep growing and growing!

You guys should also check out tumblr. Lots of Nick and Jess GIFs and artwork!

By the way, maybe we can decorate the OP a bit more? Add a bit more fan art?

Walter and Paige

Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

I love the discussion here

I didnt realize it when I was watching, but u notice how obsessed nick is about the time when he is stuck with Paul and Jess. The entire time I thought it was about missing his flight home, but thinking about it and reading some of your posts made me realize it wasn't that at all. Why else would he say "I screwed it up" about her gift? That's probably what he meant. He got stuck up there for a too long and couldn't get there on time to show her the lights and then had to do this crazy, sweet gesture to get everyone to turn the lights on.
I also love that he said to give a gift that reflects her feelings because I think u guys are right about it foreshadowing the end of the episode. Even if it comes as a second nature to him and he doesn't realize his feelings yet, he still put effort in figuring out the perfect gift for her and whether he knows it or not, it reflects how he feels!

I have a feeling it's going to be a while before we get Nick and Jess, but that's okay. I would have hated for them to hook up right off the bat. I just hope that as long as the series goes on, it'll have a hint of them every once in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the vid! I've got it bookmarked to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
By the way, maybe we can decorate the OP a bit more? Add a bit more fan art?
That would be good. We've got the 5th thread coming up, it would be great to get the OP spruced up a bit by then.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
I didnt realize it when I was watching, but u notice how obsessed nick is about the time when he is stuck with Paul and Jess. The entire time I thought it was about missing his flight home, but thinking about it and reading some of your posts made me realize it wasn't that at all. Why else would he say "I screwed it up" about her gift? That's probably what he meant. He got stuck up there for a too long and couldn't get there on time to show her the lights and then had to do this crazy, sweet gesture to get everyone to turn the lights on.
Aww, I hadn't thought about it that way, but I like that interpretation. It was clear how disappointed Nick was that he had screwed up Jess's gift, and for a guy who usually puts so little effort into giving gifts, that's pretty big.
that a broken heart is blind

Last edited by ~*Echo*~; 12-16-2011 at 12:10 AM
Old 12-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

It's just so funny that Nick gave Winston a burrito in a bucket! In comparison to basically him giving Jess her dream gift!

I'm good as long as we get sweet moments with Nick and Jess like we've been getting.

I just don't like episodes with like zero interaction with them.

Walter and Paige

Old 12-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

I know what u mean about that, although in a way it's a good thing for the show to not put too much emphasis on a couple because they don't want to make the fans rely on that alone.
Like on Community, the Jeff/Annie episodes aren't many at all and although they are one of my favorite tv ships of all time, I enjoy that because i am not obsessive over them. I love the show as a whole.
Certain dramas have made it all about a certain couple or triangle and then people start watching just for 1 reason when in reality, u want to keep fans interested all around.

But back NJ, even when we don't get episodes that are in some way centered around them, we still get interaction. Better than nothing, right?

How much did u guys love the thanksgiving episode? Omg, that NJ fight was SOOOO telling!

Old 12-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahh, the thought that he was desperate to leave to give her her gift is amazing He really did get the perfect gift for her

A new OP would be awesome!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

Obviously idk if that's it, but from the posts on this thread, it just made sense to me considering he felt it was more important to give her the gift rather than catch his flight... And if she was more important to him in the car, I'm guessing he was thinking he might have been thinking about her gift and how they were missing it. He also said "I screwed it up," and so it makes sense to me

Old 12-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It would make sense
Old 12-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can do some arts in a few days since I am geting PS for christmas
Old 12-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

I would love a new OP
Closed Thread   Post New Thread