Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

I mean, EIGHT sneak peeks? That's like the most they've ever released!

Maybe to get more buzz going???

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

maybe, but i just hope that it doesn't come back to haunt them in the ratings.. i mean if you've seen the entire episode in previews.. why watch live?
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm warning (View Post)
maybe, but i just hope that it doesn't come back to haunt them in the ratings.. i mean if you've seen the entire episode in previews.. why watch live?

That's MY issue with it. It's ridiculous.

After the kiss, fans are already SUPER EXCITED about the next episode. A simple promo and a few TINY sneak peeks would have been enough!!!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
That's MY issue with it. It's ridiculous.

After the kiss, fans are already SUPER EXCITED about the next episode. A simple promo and a few TINY sneak peeks would have been enough!!!
EXACTLY! Fox can make such dumb decisions sometimes lol

anyway, can we discuss how AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND EPIC this screenshot it?
like it is absolutely PERFECT look at their hands gahhhh. I will never get over this kiss

Last edited by redrose13; 02-04-2013 at 09:40 PM
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Love this title.

That cap!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi guys

I love the thread title! ♥

I do not understand why so many scenes FOX advancement issues, the episode lasts 21 minutes between scenes promos and practically give it all ... should take care with that!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Jake & Zooey talk Nick/Jess (minor spoilers towards the end!)

And this:

Q: Are Nick and Jess the new Ross and Rachel?
ZOOEY: I can't aspire to such heights.
JAKE: You know what I actually think they are? I think they are the Nick and Jess.
ZOOEY: Nick and Jess are the new Nick and Jess.
JAKE: Yeah. Well, Ross and Rachel, that was from 'Friends', obviously.
ZOOEY: Yeah, we love Ross and Rachel.

And I love you guys for loving Ross and Rachel.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco

Last edited by *Nora*; 02-05-2013 at 05:56 AM
Old 02-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Personally, I don't want them to be Ross and Rachel. I would rather have them be more like Monica and Chandler-way more stability. But they're right-they're just "Nick and Jess" and that's why we love them!

As for tonight (yay!) I would love it if when Jess tells Cece about the kiss, we get a callback to season 1 where Cece says something like, "Well I did tell you that Nick was into you."

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelicmaiden (View Post)
Personally, I don't want them to be Ross and Rachel. I would rather have them be more like Monica and Chandler-way more stability. But they're right-they're just "Nick and Jess" and that's why we love them!

As for tonight (yay!) I would love it if when Jess tells Cece about the kiss, we get a callback to season 1 where Cece says something like, "Well I did tell you that Nick was into you."
Totally agree, I love being Nick and Jess, I've never seen such a perfect couple.

That desire to see the new episode . Cece saw from episode 5!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

The episode isn't even half an hour! It's like 21 minutes!

So stupid!

I kind of see Nick and Jess having qualities of both Ross/Rachel and Monica/Chandler. Ultimately though Nick and Jess are their own selves and are amazing in their own right. They're not like anything else, it's something new and exciting which belongs to them...I don't want another carbon copy, they should stay true to themselves and their own story and dynamics...

That being said that stability and suspenseful will they won't they aspects from friends, I would be happy to see woven in through Nick and Jess's relationship and development. It's flattering to hear them compared to such popular couples, but Nick and Jess are amazing in their own right!

I love how Cece has always seen it and shipped them. Her reaction like Schmidts faint last week, is a perfect representation of our mental state and fan girl behaviour!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM
New Fan

Aww... I love them too for loving Ross and Rachel!
I think the comparison with Ross and Rachel doesn't really have anything to do with similarities between the two couples (because come on, "Could they BE any more different?" ) but with the concept of OTP. "Friends" is by many considered one of the greatest sitcom ever (for me, it's the number one ) and when it came out Ross and Rachel became the epitome of the One True Pairing. IIRC their first kiss also reached highest ranks on the '100 all time greatest moments of tv', hence they're basically pop culture by now. I mean, even drama show writers are sometimes asked if the couple on that show it's their "Ross and Rachel".
In this specific case the question comes out more often for several reasons, IMHO. Because Nick and Jess are clearly the main OTP of the show. Because the show it's a comedy. Because Nick and Jess have potential to become as popular as Ross and Rachel were, even though their development is definitively more similar to Chandler and Monica's build up. Because, when "Friends" ended, fans felt like orphans since making a brilliant comedy show is apparently far more complicated than a drama and "New Girl" is one of the these rare instances (the only other sitcom that I find entertaining is "How I Met Your Mother"). Because current comedies writers learnt a lot from "Friends" ones. I could go on, but I think you got my point.

As for the sneak peeks, I decided to skip them all. I mean really, why on earth does FOX release the whole episode? It's like watching a movie and realizing that the best scenes were already in the trailer.

Let's just hope they saved the best for last (that means I hope there are still Nick/Jess juicy scenes that haven't been shown yet).
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, for me, I am not worried with the spoilers ONLINE affecting the show's rating. Majority of TV watchers, they don't spend that much time online, or search on-line for spoilers. I think its really a small minority of us RABID fans that search the net for spoilers. Most of those numbers that view the online spoilers are from different countries, that's how popular New Girl is. I was one of them, the first season, I watched it only online, since it was not available to where I was last year. I have 4 friends here that is an avid fan of the show, but they are spoiler free, since they not as rabid as me, wanting to be spoiled and such, hehe!!

Plus, we are a great example of those dedicated fans that even if we have watched almost the entirety of the show through spoiler-y previews, we are still going to watch the actual airing, hehe!

Last edited by jonrevilla123; 02-05-2013 at 11:08 AM
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
New Fan

Hi! I asked to be added some days ago but I don't think I was.
I'm worried too about all those sneak peek but i think that there will be something important 'cause otherwise I don't think they would put so much online before the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
EXACTLY! Fox can make such dumb decisions sometimes lol

anyway, can we discuss how AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND EPIC this screenshot it?
like it is absolutely PERFECT look at their hands gahhhh. I will never get over this kiss

I love this picture, i love the way she puts her arms around his neck. If you watch that moment it seems so simple, so natural, like she's used to do that. They fit so perfectly.

Last edited by Laura82; 02-05-2013 at 02:25 PM
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

There's been so many new posters since the kiss, I think people got lost in translation! It's difficult for the mods to keep track!

I'll add you now Laura!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Please add me too. Haven't been on FF in a while, but these two are my new obsession! Currently on a rewatch and already on 2x11

des; lj; icon.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top