Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2018, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Farewell New Girl 💔 May, 15th 2018

header credit: lessismore

✧farewellNewGirl✧

Here we have come to an end of an era. New Girl Season 1 premiered on Sep 20th, 2011 and after 6 seasons we thought we were gonna say goodbye to our clowns right then. After #reNewGirl campaign ran by fandom and Jake Johnson stepping in for better closure that they thought fans deserve, we got a short but very bittersweet 7th and last season.

We got our Nick and Jess finally getting it together and getting married, parenting a puppy named Mario; we got our Schmidt and Cece running after the cutest caramel miracle named Ruth and even thinking of having more caramel miracles; we got our Winnie expecting a baby boy with his lifetime partner Aly, lovely addition to our clowns. We also had sad moments like Coach going away, even tho we always kept in touch with him, and also the death of Furguson, even tho we have a new kitty named Nefta. They have struggled through adulthood as characters and couples and came so far. No doubt that our babies have grown up while keeping their weirdness and all!

May 15th, 2018 marks the 146 episodes and the series finale of New Girl. We are truly appreciative of this lovely show and all the joy, laughs, feels, enjoyable and relatable characters and couples it brought to us. It's hard to say goodbye, no doubt that we will be missing them so much and hoping for a reunion someday.

But here we go... Farewell Apartment 4D. Farewell New Girl!

- Apartment 4D (lessismore and royalღcaliber)

♡thankyouNewGirlFans♡

✐farewelltestimonials✎

lessismore
New Girl has been a great addition to my life since it began, and not just a regular sitcom. The moment we entered Apartment 4D I really felt like one of these clowns and it never changed! It's been a great journey for 7 years with many ups and downs but for sure it brought the joyest laughters from the small screen, like adding a little bit Jess in here I might say "♫♫♫it's been the time of my lifeee ♫♫♫" which I always appreciated a lot. I've been a Schmidty and Schmece fan since the very beginning, but all of the characters were very relatable to me, which I always felt like we kinda struggled to grow up altogether even tho we are in our late 20s, in 30s, so I really thought this show would never end and we would grow old together too.

As much as I am excited and appreciative for the 7th season I am also very sad that it's the last season. I want to thank to the creators, producers, the amazing cast: Zooey, Jake, Max, Hannah, Lamorne (plus Damon, Nasim and many more amazing guest stars as well, oh and of course Furguson!) and all of the crew for the great show they made for us.

It's better to keep it short before I start to cry.

Lastly I wanna say I will miss you all soooo much, I already do!

Farewell Apartment 4D, Farewell New Girl.

- cK
royalღcaliber
This show brought so much joy and light in my life whenever I really needed it. The characters are all so likeable and unique, there's not a single character that I hate. I loved the idea of Nick and Jess as a couple right from the start, and they've been my New Girl OTP since episode 1. I love all the other couples as well, Schmece and WinAly are perfect. Everything about this show is so fun and refreshing, I'm going to miss having that so much. I've been modding this board for nearly 2 years and in that time I've made some really great friends, and for that I'm very grateful for this show for bringing us together to share our love for this amazing show.
- Michelle
KatB
I still remember hearing about and seeing a trailer for a new show, the fall of 2011. Then I heard they released the first episode early, and it was available to watch online. Well, by the time the episode had aired on tv, I had seen it multiple times. By then, Damon was out and Lamorne was in. I was disappointed to say the least. Damon I knew and loved. Lamorne, I had never seen him before, and to be fair, the writers took a while to find Winston's unique voice and I am so glad they did. Everyone on this wonderful show, has a unique voice and that is important. People all have their own, distinct personalities. New Girl, quickly became my go to comfort show. The early possibility for Schmidt to win his lady love, kept me coming back. It became obvious from the beginning that these were two broken people who were afraid and in Schmidt's case, low self esteem. Nick! What won't he do?! We used to joke about what he would say and that is how my creative side got started. I love writing, especially for the guys. It is too fun and I find myself laughing, hearing them say it in my head.
Schmidt: Tell me something Winston, do the criminals take a break to let you collect yourself?
Winston: No, and don't believe them, if they tell you they will.

Nick: That was science. See the news said that with global warming and see there are these jet streams.
They just stare at him.
Nick: Why am I trying to explain science to you guys?
Schmidt comes into the room.
Schmidt: Hey everyone. Nicolas, Merry Christmas! What's going on.
Nick: Nothing, just trying to explain science to girls.

Schmidt is talking to Winnie, who is in his seat.
Schmidt: Winnie, I am going to show you how to tie a perfect Windsor knot.
He starts looking around.
Schmidt: Son, pay attention. If you want people to respect you, you need to tie the perfect tie......and if I ever see you wearing a clip on.......please son, don't ever let me see you wearing a clip on.

I will be forever grateful for entertaining me for hours on end and for helping me find my creative voice. I am also thankful for discovering new talent, mainly Lamorne and Hannah, I also enjoyed seeing Meagan come back to comedy and kill it. But they were all great. But I single out these because of Meagan and how she surprised me with how funny and likable she was. I wasn't sure what to make of New Girl, without our girl. Lamorne, didn't come in and "replace" Coach and made Winston into one of the most likable, warmest and funniest characters I have seen. But Hannah. there was something about Hannah from day one. Which was reinforced in season four. She was so venerable and wonderfully broken, in love with Schmidt who was in a relationship. Things she did, without opening her mouth, would break my heart in the best, most wonderful way. And so, to have it pay off in one of the final scenes of season four with, "It's kinda stupid how much I love you." I mean, there are no words. It's just simply brilliant. The writing and acting, just everything was on point.

- Kat
veryclosetalking
Hey, New Girl Friends & Family!

I am sad that this funny show has ended, but all good things must come to an end.

Schmidt & Cece have been one of my favorite OTPs since day one! & I have enjoyed seeing them & their family grow this last season! Ruth has been the absolute cutest & I think she has only added to the New Girl cast!

I wish the cast & crew so much love & happiness as they end this journey that they’ve been on for 7+ years!

- Jessica
JoJoF92
The show started when I started college in a brand new city without my family and friends and I was a bit scared. It was at a point in my life
where I really needed all the help I could get to calm me a little, and that's one of the things this show's offered me. There were these adorable characters who didn't have
their life figured out either, and the main character was this girl who had to start a new life basically with 4 strangers and you can imagine it felt pretty relatable to me
at that time. So every Tuesday it was the thing I was looking forward to the most, a new episode with these goofballs who mean so much to me.
The only show I've ever felt this close to was Friends, and when it ended I never thought I'd find something so special to me again, but I have.
My heart is breaking that this show can't last forever either even though it should, but I'll be forever grateful for all it's given me over the years.
I feel like in a way I've grown up with them too, though I still have a lot to do to get to their level. So thank you New Girl, to the whole cast and crew
for making my Tuesday nights much better since 2011.

- Jo
JJH85
I try to pic a Drama series and a Comedy to binge watch on Netflix and depending on my mood, I go from one to the other. I hadn't really heard much about New Girl while it was on, but I knew about it, so I thought I would give it a chance. I watched the first couple episodes and I was hooked. I couldn't stop watching it, so forget about my Drama show choice, I had to watch New Girl until I was finished.

I wasn't so sure about Schmidt starting off and recall scrunching my face at some of the things he did, but you just couldn't help but love this guy. I was drawn to Nick right away, he seemed the most level headed of the 3 guys and yet had so many endearing faults Originally I was disappointed when Coach didn't return after the first episode and I thought perhaps Winston was meant to be the same character, so was very pleased when I realized they weren't and extremely pleased when Coach returned to the show later on. Winston was silly and funny and the whole dynamic between his long standing friendship with Nick was perfect as was the history between Schmidt and Nick.

Cece was the perfect contrast to Jess and seemed so out of all of their leagues, but had such a down to earth personality that it just worked and then you realize, she isn't out of their league at all, they all fit just right.

Jess, what can I say about Jess? She's everything we think we might be in our insecurities, but she embraces every part of those things and doesn't let them keep her from doing what she wants to do. She was loveable in every way and you couldn't help but root for her regardless of her choices.

They couldn't have chosen a better cast and I enjoyed every moment watching them on my TV screen. I think I whizzed through 6 Seasons in about 2 weeks and that's pretty quick considering I have a fulltime job and a family.

Thanks for allowing me to comment on this very enjoyable show.

- JJH85(Moderator of the Joshua Jackson & Dawson's Creek Boards)

quin0611
Hey I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear New Girl is ending its a great funny show. I also think the board is awesome too. I'm glad the board has a such a cool thread to remember this awesome show by.
- Quin
marinaspereira
7 years ago when I watched the pilot I knew that show had something special, I just never thought of how important the show would be to me.

In the past 7 years, while watching the show, I have gone through: changing jobs, moving out of my mom’s, getting married, having depression (again), having to deal with panic attacks, 4 surgeries, a lot of family problems, suicidal thoughts, more anxiety, death of a friend and unemployment.

The only constant in my life was New Girl.

Whenever I was sad, frustrated, literally coudn’t leave my bedroom, lonely or bored… New Girl would help me. Our lofties helped me to see the good things in life again and again. Even with the simplest moments. I can’t stress enough how important this show was to help me through my depression.

When I joined here in 2016 (aka beginning of S6) it was kind of by accident, and because I was in desperate need of people to talk to about the show. I had gone through Nick and Jess flirting to being a couple and breaking up alone and in silence, since I didn’t know anyone who watched it (Thanks Fox Brasil for that. I’m still salty).

In here I found a new family. One with people from literally all over the world. I got to talk to people and get to know them in a way that I would never, if it wasn’t for New Girl. Sure, we all may disagree at points some times and get very frustrated at one another. But that’s normal with every family, right? In the past couple of years we got to suffer and laugh together. We got to stand together and fight for our show. We got to celebrate for a final season. And now… we got to stand together in a big virtual hug to say our goodbyes.

To outsiders of any fandom, this seems like an overreaction to “just a tv show ending”. But it’s not. I know it. You guys know it. And that’s why I love this fandom so much. We may be small, but we are amazing and I love you all for that.

Love,
- Marina (the video made by Marina with contributions from New Girl fandom all over the world

✧farewellicons✧

credit: JoJoF92

credit: lessismore

♡spinoffideas♡

credit: elainshawa

✧seeyaNewGirl✧

credit: Don't forget to check #SeeYaNewGirl event on tumblr: seeyanewgirl.tumblr.com

♥it'sbeenthetimeofourlives♥

&manymore...

trueamerican&friendstotheend

thank you to you all!
if you'd like to contribute you still can! just post your contribution to this thread and i'll add it to the op
preparation and gifs credit: lessismore

Last edited by lessismore; 05-29-2018 at 02:07 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The OP looks so GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much for putting it together CK
Old 05-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Great job CK, and thank you to all that participated. This is me currently.

PS, now I am even more sad, thinking about Parks and how I miss is so, so much!
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great job so bittersweet that this show is ending
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thx for posting guys! It's really so sad.

I will try to add scenes from the series finale and what actors said. Everyone is sad
Old 05-16-2018, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

OP looks beautiful. Loved reading the testimonals.

I hate saying goodbye but it's been a lovely journey.

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

This thread was beautiful and I def going to miss this show!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to miss these characters so much!!
Old 05-18-2018, 03:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Same here..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thx for posting here

Old 05-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, the series finale ... that's always tough. Hope that you guys enjoyed the episode though!

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Aww, the series finale ... that's always tough. Hope that you guys enjoyed the episode though!
Episodes were fun imo, most of the fans are happy with them. Thank you for posting, we are still weeping
Old 05-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They were fun episodes! I'll miss this show for sure!
Old 05-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We already do miss them. I am still weeping over that flashforward. We would have seen more I wanted to see the loft full of kiddos actually

AWWWWWWWWW

Last edited by lessismore; 05-20-2018 at 02:03 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Winnie and Aly had so many kids it was the cutest

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top