Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
We already do miss them. I am still weeping over that flashforward. We would have seen more I wanted to see the loft full of kiddos actually

AWWWWWWWWW
I wanted more as well. When it came to the flash forward. So they had five boys and a girl. It was hard to tell, because it went by too quick. You have to pause it, to see what's going on and who is who.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also wish that music didn't play over the scene, I wanted to hear them!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

I didn't notice they also had a girl too, it went so quick I thought all of them were boys Awww and she is so cute! I am glad we got a pic. Wish we could know all of their names too

Nick and Jess: Reginald Veljohnson Miller, and also Mario Day-Miller ( Miller lost a bet to Schmidt and he had to name his first born son as this )

Schmidt and Cece: Ruth and Moses Schmidt

Winston and Aly: Dan Bill Bishop, and also Nefta. Others are listed as "Bishop Kids"
Old 05-21-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gorgeous op and I'm sad the show ended.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
Gorgeous op and I'm sad the show ended.
Welcome! Thank you for posting here too Quin! We are still sad too
Old 05-22-2018, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Awww just came upon to this

Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello my loves. First of all, let me tell how sorry I am that I wasn't in here as much as I wanted to during this final season. But a lot has happened and to be honest I couldn't even watch the season the way I wanted... A lot has happened in life these past 2 months I am not handling all that well...

Anyways... here's my farewell to the show:

7 years ago when I watched the pilot I knew that show had something special, I just never thought of how important the show would be to me.

In the past 7 years, while watching the show, I have gone through: changing jobs, moving out of my mom’s, getting married, having depression (again), having to deal with panic attacks, 4 surgeries, a lot of family problems, suicidal thoughts, more anxiety, death of a friend and unemployment.

The only constant in my life was New Girl.

Whenever I was sad, frustrated, literally coudn’t leave my bedroom, lonely or bored… New Girl would help me. Our lofties helped me to see the good things in life again and again. Even with the simplest moments. I can’t stress enough how important this show was to help me through my depression.

When I joined here in 2016 (aka beginning of S6) it was kind of by accident, and because I was in desperate need of people to talk to about the show. I had gone through Nick and Jess flirting to being a couple and breaking up alone and in silence, since I didn’t know anyone who watched it (Thanks Fox Brasil for that. I’m still salty).

In here I found a new family. One with people from literally all over the world. I got to talk to people and get to know them in a way that I would never, if it wasn’t for New Girl. Sure, we all may disagree at points some times and get very frustrated at one another. But that’s normal with every family, right? In the past couple of years we got to suffer and laugh together. We got to stand together and fight for our show. We got to celebrate for a final season. And now… we got to stand together in a big virtual hug to say our goodbyes.

To outsiders of any fandom, this seems like an overreaction to “just a tv show ending”. But it’s not. I know it. You guys know it. And that’s why I love this fandom so much. We may be small, but we are amazing and I love you all for that.

Love,

Marina
marinaspereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

MArina that was so lovely! Thx for dropping by dear. I am gonna add it to the OP, I already added the video you made
Old 05-29-2018, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Marina, I am so glad this show was able to do that for you. Lately I am finding that TV has been a great comfort for people. I just watched a Flash video, a few days ago, and it was about a little boy who was in the hospital, and he really loved The Flash. He had posters and so on in his room. It's like, even though he was sick, for that hour, he was able to just be a kid and enjoy. So I am glad that this show was able to do that for you, and if we have been able to help or be there for you, that is wonderful to think about. Also, we will continue to be here on this board or on FF in general. So feel free to let us know, if we can do anything. Even if you just need someone to listen, or make you laugh. You can always PM us as well.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Marina, I am so glad this show was able to do that for you. Lately I am finding that TV has been a great comfort for people. I just watched a Flash video, a few days ago, and it was about a little boy who was in the hospital, and he really loved The Flash. He had posters and so on in his room. It's like, even though he was sick, for that hour, he was able to just be a kid and enjoy. So I am glad that this show was able to do that for you, and if we have been able to help or be there for you, that is wonderful to think about. Also, we will continue to be here on this board or on FF in general. So feel free to let us know, if we can do anything. Even if you just need someone to listen, or make you laugh. You can always PM us as well.
Sometimes the best distraction is a show and as Marina said it can help a lot, might be the only good thing that's going on in our lives even, then you find yourself in characters and get tied even more. New Girl for me has been a great distraction as well. It wasn't always the puffy show like P&R, but it brought so much joy, happy tears as well. I like hearing such stories from NG fans.

I have an American friend whose brother passed away from cancer, unfortunately, RIP, and she asked me for comfort shows for him to watch while he was in chemo. One of the shows I suggested was NG of course, my friend already knew the show but wasn't an ardent watcher. She said the show helped her brother a lot too, he loved the guys, Nicky, Schmidty and Winnie, and Schmece too. He couldn't even see the caramel miracle (now this made me feel like crying) but I also told him that they will have a caramel miracle for sure. He had two little girls and he said I hope they have a daughter too

Doesn't we all just need an episode to get in good mood sometimes? NG is that special

Last edited by lessismore; 05-31-2018 at 02:54 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Sometimes the best distraction is a show and as Marina said it can help a lot, might be the only good thing that's going on in our lives even, then you find yourself in characters and get tied even more. New Girl for me has been a great distraction as well. It wasn't always the puffy show like P&R, but it brought so much joy, happy tears as well. I like hearing such stories from NG fans.

I have an American friend whose brother passed away from cancer, unfortunately, RIP, and she asked me for comfort shows for him to watch while he was in chemo. One of the shows I suggested was NG of course, my friend already knew the show but wasn't an ardent watcher. She said the show helped her brother a lot too, he loved the guys, Nicky, Schmidty and Winnie, and Schmece too. He couldn't even see the caramel miracle (now this made me feel like crying) but I also told him that they will have a caramel miracle for sure. He had two little girls and he said I hope they have a daughter too

Doesn't we all just need an episode to get in good mood sometimes? NG is that special
I agree. For me, it's been a lot of shows. Depends on what was bothering me. When I would come home from a bad day at work, stressed out or upset, from my last job, I would watch Who's Line is it Anyway? It has always been able to make me laugh. Laughter is so healing, and helpful. If I am not feeling well, it used to be Friends or How I met your Mother, now it's The Big Bang Theory, mostly. New Girl is still on my short list though.

Btw, what does a puffy show mean? Parks and Recreation is puffy? I hope that's a good thing. Sorry to hear about your friend. Sadly that sick boy who liked The Flash died as well. At least The Flash was able to bring him some comfort in his final days.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emilia Clarke

I know I wasn't much online lately but I wanted to add this show was amazing and this board is amazing

EC | ADC
Icon by Agraiel
Movies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
I know I wasn't much online lately but I wanted to add this show was amazing and this board is amazing
Thank you for posting Markus! You are always welcome here whenever you can drop by! If you'd like to add something to the OP let me know
Old 11-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

aww

Quote:
@therealhannahsimone: Happy thanksgiving from my fake family with all this fake food to all you real ones who held us down for seven seasons. We are thankful that you watched and keep watching 🦃 ❤️ Happy Bangsgiving!

Quote:
@lamorne: Happy Thanksgiving from my All Black Family #happythanksgiving

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

why they make us cry!!! whyyyyyyy
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top