Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2015, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Hannah and Max are so in it, I love it so much! They love their characters and Schmece so much It warms my heart!
same here can we use something like that as title
Old 05-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine and gunpowder (View Post)
same here can we use something like that as title
Oh it would be cute

'New Girl' Season Finale: Hannah Simone on Cece and Schmidt's Big Moment

Not so spoilery imo and so fun to read

Quote:
New Girl Season 4 ended in tears — tears of joy, that is, after Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Cece (Hannah Simone) got engaged. The moment capped off two seasons of “will-they-or-won’t-they” relationship angst; first, he wanted her, then she wanted him. (How very Friends.) But on Tuesday’s fourth-season finale, they confessed their love for each other, and Schmidt got down on one knee to propose. And just like his roommates — Jess (Zooey Deschanel), Nick (Jake Johnson), Winston (Lamorne Morris), and the departing Coach (Damon Wayans, Jr.) — fans at home breathed a sigh of relief.

Still, it was a long, obstacle-filled journey for these two. We gave Hannah Simone a call for a post-finale briefing, to hear her thoughts on the epic Cece/Schmidt love story, how their engagement will affect the loft, and the so-called “clean break” between Jess and Nick.

So, not only are Cece and Schmidt finally back together, but they’re engaged. What was it like for you reading that in the script?
I was excited! It was great news. I think we were all really excited that it finally happened. It’s been a lot of “will they, won’t they?” and them pining for each other while the other one isn’t really interested. So, it’s nice that it finally happened, and in a real way.

As a fan and viewer yourself, did you always hope they’d end up together?
I was rooting for them. I mean, you never know — we find out episode to episode what’s happening to our characters, so we live in the same world as our fans do. All we can do is hope that they find their way back to each other.

What do you think their engagement will be like?
I’m not sure! I’m sure it’s going to be weird. I hope that Schmidt stops crying all the time. We’ve seen Cece and Schmidt together before, but now, the world is their oyster as far as how weird and fun they can be together.

Their relationship hasn’t always been easy — what’s going to make it work this time?
I feel like the reason why people have responded so well to this show is that Liz [Meriwether, New Girl’s creator] has kept everything in a place of real emotional honesty. The thing I’ve loved so much about the Schmidt/Cece relationship is that it feels so real. It’s two people who have this complete surprise connection. At least, it was a very big surprise to me, that episode where they got together. I love the fact the they have a real physical chemistry, but that emotional intimacy was difficult for them. They had to deal with that when Schmidt broke his bits and pieces. Then, he made a big mistake and hurt her. I love the fact that Liz and the writers really made him earn her back and rebuild the trust and the friendship. They’re trying to make it work, and that’s believable. Nothing’s been rushed. I’m happy that it’s taken [almost] five seasons for these people who just met each other in the pilot — that seems like a normal growth curve for people in a relationship.

How will the vibe in the loft change now that they’re engaged?
I’m not sure what’s going to happen, but I would think that they’re going to get married, they’re going to live together. Personally as a fan, it always works best when everyone’s in the loft. But that’s also a very unique situation for them, like “we’re getting married and living here!” But it’s also reflective of modern-day relationships, where it’s expensive to go out and get your own place. So, they may end up living [at the loft]! I’m not sure.

Cece’s always been around, but will we get to see her interact with different characters more now?
It’s cool because we’ve already started shooting Season 5, in this new world of Schmidt and Cece being together. The storylines can change, so we can do different partnerships now. Cece has a really big storyline with Nick, which is fun. And she has another big storyline for Winston. It’s really great that she can explore her relationships with everyone else in the world, aside from Schmidt and Jess.

This finale explored the idea of a “clean break,” except it seems there’s no such thing — not for Cece and Schmidt, and possibly not for Jess and Nick.
This is the beauty of Liz. I think Jess and Nick also have gone through so much. They will need time to figure out, honestly and in a way that’s believable and that people can relate to, if they belong together and if they can find their way back to each other. So, now they get the time to find out what’s best for them.

What else can we expect from Season 5?
It is really cool now that Cece and Schmidt are a team so we get to approach storylines that way, which is so nice after two seasons of pretending we don’t care for each other. Now, we’re this twosome force to be reckoned with, so that’s cool. The fact that Cece gets into storylines with other members of the cast has been really, really cool to explore. And we get to explore more of Cece’s family! They have to plan their engagement, so we get to see more into her world.

Oh, that’s interesting!
It was actually cool, I executive-produced this film called Miss India America, and I played this character in it, and we had to find someone to be my mom. So, when they were looking for my mom on New Girl, I was like, “Oh! We’ve already gone through a casting process and found the perfect woman!” She’s great at comedy and we look so similar and she’s so talented. Her name is Anna George, and she’s on New Girl as my mom!
Old 05-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that read, nice way to end my day. Off to watch New Girl before bed.

Hey, I've been good. I only watched like two episodes all night. No, really, I have.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Thanks for that read, nice way to end my day. Off to watch New Girl before bed.

Hey, I've been good. I only watched like two episodes all night. No, really, I have.
I am rewatching too, no worries

I love these parts in particular:

Quote:
I hope that Schmidt stops crying all the time. We’ve seen Cece and Schmidt together before, but now, the world is their oyster as far as how weird and fun they can be together.
Quote:
The thing I’ve loved so much about the Schmidt/Cece relationship is that it feels so real. It’s two people who have this complete surprise connection. At least, it was a very big surprise to me, that episode where they got together. I love the fact the they have a real physical chemistry, but that emotional intimacy was difficult for them. They had to deal with that when Schmidt broke his bits and pieces. Then, he made a big mistake and hurt her. I love the fact that Liz and the writers really made him earn her back and rebuild the trust and the friendship. They’re trying to make it work, and that’s believable. Nothing’s been rushed. I’m happy that it’s taken [almost] five seasons for these people who just met each other in the pilot — that seems like a normal growth curve for people in a relationship.
So excited to get more Cece, Schmece, their families, her relationship with other characters too! I am loving this!!
Old 05-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

I liked those parts as well. I also liked when she mentioned new pairing. Especially our boy Winston. I also liked this

It is really cool now that Cece and Schmidt are a team so we get to approach storylines that way, which is so nice after two seasons of pretending we don’t care for each other. Now, we’re this twosome force to be reckoned with, so that’s cool.

They are a team! No back peddling this time. Schmidt Cece for the win!!
Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They are a team!!!! YES!!

I hope we see them at the upfronts too!

Quote:
Jenn's MVPs: Max Greenfield and Hannah Simone as Schmidt and Cece Parekh (New Girl)

Why they're the MVPs: This season of New Girl was astounding because it focused on what the show was when it is at its best: the story of a bunch of weirdos who constantly mess up but who keep trying to make themselves and each other better. New Girl was always the story about how broken people are broken in all kinds of ways, some more evident than other, but how even when you're weird or quirky, you need other people. Schmidt has always been such an interesting character on this show and though last season saw him as a divisive one in fandom, season four reminded us that it is possible for characters to grow and to change and to become better organically. Schmidt's trajectory this season was all about how he wanted to shed everything that was "holding him back" from the life he desired. He wanted fame. He wanted fortune. He wanted better, cooler friends. He thought all those things would satisfy him. But as the season progressed, so did Schmidt's character. He turned down the chance for fame and fortune and insisted that he wanted love -- real love -- instead. And by "Clean Break," Schmidt is still convinced of that, but also convinced (thanks to Coach) that he needs to shed the last bit of his past with Cece in order to truly move forward with his life. A clean break from that relationship is what he needs... right? Similarly, Cece has embarked this season on an adventure of her own which has been really refreshing to watch. Her arc has been all about how she can better herself -- she quit modeling, went back to school, and is trying to be the best version of herself she can be, even when she doesn't know quite what that looks like. When Cece decides that she wants to go on a pilgrimage and climb a mountain, Jess encourages her. Because Cece knows that she NEEDS to do this act, not just to clear her mind of Schmidt, but to truly figure out who she is as a person.

In "Clean Break," Max Greenfield gives an absolutely hilarious (as always) portrayal of Schmidt, especially as the man attempts to retrieve the box of artifacts and memories from his relationship with Cece. But where Max really shines and where Hannah Simone excels in the season finale is the final, emotional scene between the two. As Schmidt realizes he's still in love with Cece and confesses to her (when she returns from the mountain after learning Schmidt and Fawn broke up), there is such an utter beauty and fragility with which these two play the scene as it unfolds. Max has such an amazingly wonderful way of portraying the sincerity within Schmidt's absurdity that it makes you weep (it made me weep) when he confesses how much he values Cece's friendship and how much he doesn't want to mess up what they have now. And then, Cece confesses that she's in love with Schmidt and there's this brilliant, wonderful moment where Hannah Simone cannot utter the words and starts to, but cannot finish the sentence.

That moment and the moments that follow where she tearfully confesses how much she loves him were some of the greatest, most simplistic and powerful of the episode. What follows those moments from Max and Hannah are more amazing, emotional ones where Schmidt reminisces on the moment he knew he was going to marry Cece and then proposes to her. I absolutely loved this Schmidt/Cece end because it felt earned not just for the characters as individuals, but for them as a pairing. Max Greenfield and Hannah Simone have done AMAZING emotional work with Schmidt and Cece in the past ("Double Date," "See Ya") but they were absolutely fabulous in "Clean Break" and earned my TV MVPs this week.
Their scene literally took my breath away!!! #somanyfeels

x
Old 05-11-2015, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

upfronts would be totally amazing! I would be thrilled
Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing that and I completely agree. I don't know who wrote it but it was on point and well written. So glad their journey hasn't ended, and that we get more next season.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

but in freakin' January
Old 05-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine and gunpowder (View Post)
but in freakin' January
How are we gonna survive?

Hannah at the upfronts

Quote:
JUST GOT TOLD THAT MY FLIGHT ISNT CANCELLED AND I AM FOR SURE LEAVING NEW YORK TOMORROW. #dopuppydogeyesworkonpilots #idontwannago #NO #NOOOOOO

Quote:
#Repost @samleonardihair with @repostapp. ・・・ Busy start to upfront week with the fabulous Hannah Simone ........emojiemoji. #gorgeous #glam #upfronts #hair #makeup #mua #capelli #cabelo #nyc #newyorkcity hollywood @therealhannahsimone @mollygreenwald @traceymattinglyllc #loveyourhair #lovemyjob

Last edited by lessismore; 05-12-2015 at 12:02 AM
Old 05-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

I honestly don't know how we will survive. I like Hannah's pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How gorgeous a woman can be?

Old 05-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

no idea how we should survive :bawl.:

she looks stunning in the pictures

will watch the video now
Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they have to tease us a lot till January... It's frigging torture

She is so gorgeous! A beautiful and driven, smart woman. I adore her! Cece is like her, probably that is why I love Cece so much. She can do anything she wants imo
Old 05-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing. I watched that last week when I was marathoning on YouTube. Hannah is quite accomplished. I love her interviews. I also loved her pics at the upfronts.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread