Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bob & Carol & Nick & Schmidt [5x05] Episode Discussion - Original Air Date Feb 2nd, 2016 on FOX 8/7c

Bob & Carol & Nick & Schmidt [5x05]
Episode Discussion

Directed by Jake Johnson!!!

PROMO CLIPS

Sperm, Wedding Dresses, And Jake Directs…Oh, My!

Generic Jake

Indecent Proposal

EPISODE SUMMARY
[B]
New Girl - Episode 5.05 - Bob & Carol & Nick & Schmidt
NICK’S COUSINS HAVE A SHOCKING REQUEST ON AN ALL-NEW “NEW GIRL” TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, ON FOX

Episode Directed by Jake Johnson

Schmidt helps Nick ponder his future after Nick’s cousin (guest star Bill Burr) and his wife (guest star Lennon Parham) visit to ask for a very special handout. Meanwhile, Winston helps Cece shop for a wedding dress in the all-new “Bob & Carol & Nick & Schmidt” episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, Feb. 2 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-505) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Zooey Deschanel as Jess; Jake Johnson as Nick; Max Greenfield as Schmidt; Lamorne Morris as Winston; Hannah Simone as Cece
Guest Cast: Bill Burr as Bobby, Lennon Parham as Carol, Beth Dover as Cynthia

PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS

x

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!

Old 02-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you watch and enjoy the episode. It is directed by our own Nicholas Miller

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Old 02-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

aw, I'm sure it's gonna be great

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sure too! I hope people tune in to watch live!! so excited for Jake

Old 02-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

My favorite part was when Winston tried to fix the dress situation. The way Cece looked at him, realizing (I don't know why for the first time) how much he cares about her. It was written all over her face. Then toping that with her asking him to be her bridesman. Love it!!
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
My favorite part was when Winston tried to fix the dress situation. The way Cece looked at him, realizing (I don't know why for the first time) how much he cares about her. It was written all over her face. Then toping that with her asking him to be her bridesman. Love it!!
Thank you for writing my dear!!!

OMG I LOVED THE EPISODE!! Season 5 has been sooooooooo great so far! Every episode has been great but this was especially amazing!

I loved that part so much too! Finally she realized, finally! I am sooooooooooo happy we got to see her asking him to be her briedsmaid(briedsman). He is Winnie the Bish, OFC HE'D LOVE TO! It was hilarious, how drunk they were And the lady at the store was such a classic bitch, right? UGH I hate those types...

Schnick MY 2nd OTP! I love them sooooooooooo much! These two are killing me with the feels too haha.

I love these kinds of topics in NG. It felt like Nick's Eggs episode, as I mentioned before. I love when they talk about their future, or family, etc. Hope we see more from Schmece next episode. The only part that kills me is not seeing them more otherwise such a phenomenal episode! I am greedy when it comes to Schmece, sorry not sorry haha.

Jess at the window was a great idea too! Schmidt fainted again and then Nick got him in his arms and him asking "This is not romantic?"

Kudos to guest stars as well. Loved them so much!!

Last edited by lessismore; 02-03-2016 at 05:05 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Thank you for writing my dear!!!

OMG I LOVED THE EPISODE!! Season 5 has been sooooooooo great so far! Every episode has been great but this was especially amazing!

I loved that part so much too! Finally she realized, finally! I am sooooooooooo happy we got to see her asking him to be her briedsmaid(briedsman). He is Winnie the Bish, OFC HE'D LOVE TO! It was hilarious, how drunk they were And the lady at the store was such a classic bitch, right? UGH I hate those types...

Schnick MY 2nd OTP! I love them sooooooooooo much! These two are killing me with the feels too haha.

I love these kinds of topics in NG. It felt like Nick's Eggs episode, as I mentioned before. I love when they talk about their future, or family, etc. Hope we see more from Schmece next episode. The only part that kills me is not seeing them more otherwise such a phenomenal episode! I am greedy when it comes to Schmece, sorry not sorry haha.

Jess at the window was a great idea too! Schmidt fainted again and then Nick got him in his arms and him asking "This is not romantic?"

Kudos to guest stars as well. Loved them so much!!
By far my favorite part. Once again the Schmidt Nick part kinda bored me. They have had like three or four NS stories this season. I'm a little over it. I need more Cece Schmidt! Why not pair Nick Winston? They are just as good of friends. They go back to their childhood together. IMO, they ignore Winston Nick in favor of Schmidt Nick, even though they were childhood friends. Anyway, mini rant over.

I don't mean to sound all negative, overall I like the show, just mix it up a bit, is all I'm saying. I did love the Jess in the window moment. Thought that was cute.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
By far my favorite part. Once again the Schmidt Nick part kinda bored me. They have had like three or four NS stories this season. I'm a little over it. I need more Cece Schmidt! Why not pair Nick Winston? They are just as good of friends. They go back to their childhood together. IMO, they ignore Winston Nick in favor of Schmidt Nick, even though they were childhood friends. Anyway, mini rant over.

I don't mean to sound all negative, overall I like the show, just mix it up a bit, is all I'm saying. I did love the Jess in the window moment. Thought that was cute.
As I always say, Schnick is my second OTP of the show, so if even I am complaining then there is a problem imo I adore them so much but I also agree there has been too much focus on them. I have enjoyed the episodes so much as well but I think the dynamics should be balanced. Where is my Schmece who has to be doing couple things and full going deep in relationship by now? I want all of it, all. We have seen it barely yet? Where is my Schmiston? We barely gotten them in an SL together, I think the last one was 3x1?? I mean wtf? I was looking forward to more space for these dynamics when Jess is gone but two on a row we saw WinCe and Schnick. I loved all episodes but I think there was no balance yet. Also it feels like Schmidt is dismissing Winston so I hate that, like he is all over Nick. Damn it, Winston has been a great friend to you man. Get it to yourself!

I had rants too I was bickering to myself so I needed this Kat
Old 02-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Ah I love the discussion in here and CK messaged me on tumblr about it so I had to stop by.

IA 1000%, Kat. This season, IMO, is fantastic -- the humor, the storylines, the pacing. I just WISH that we could have a little bit of change. If there's just Schnick focus in next week's episode, I won't be too happy, despite how much I love them I'm getting a little bit sick of it now. This week was sweet. I loved the onesie thing, and I hope we get a nod to that before the series' end; Schmidt regifting it to Nick in a few years would be amazing.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. I loved Winston/Cece (another one though, again, where if they overdo it like Schnick, I won't enjoy it as much, and I hope they don't have a storyline alone for awhile.) Nick and Schmidt and the cousins were hilarious - I genuinely LOL'ed at a lot. I loved the whole, "You're romantic to me all the time!" thing, and the falling in the parking lot.

I agree, though. I want more Schmece. I was telling CK - I don't think they've had one-on-one time at all this season! They had a four second convo in the premiere by themselves about Cece not telling her mom about them, and that was angsty and tear-y. I want something sweet and ridiculous and cute.

The end scene, I thought, was really nice. I find it cute how they managed to incorporate Jess, it was a nice surprise!
Old 02-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
As I always say, Schnick is my second OTP of the show, so if even I am complaining then there is a problem imo I adore them so much but I also agree there has been too much focus on them. I have enjoyed the episodes so much as well but I think the dynamics should be balanced. Where is my Schmece who has to be doing couple things and full going deep in relationship by now? I want all of it, all. We have seen it barely yet? Where is my Schmiston? We barely gotten them in an SL together, I think the last one was 3x1?? I mean wtf? I was looking forward to more space for these dynamics when Jess is gone but two on a row we saw WinCe and Schnick. I loved all episodes but I think there was no balance yet. Also it feels like Schmidt is dismissing Winston so I hate that, like he is all over Nick. Damn it, Winston has been a great friend to you man. Get it to yourself!

I had rants too I was bickering to myself so I needed this Kat
Glad I opened it up for you! They really do have a problem with balance. But even a bad episode or mediocre episode of NG is better than most other shows.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Glad I opened it up for you! They really do have a problem with balance. But even a bad episode or mediocre episode of NG is better than most other shows.
^ Yup. I was comparing it to Brooklyn Nine Nine. Great show, but they don't know how to do ensemble very well. They balance the storylines nicely, but the ensemble never ever ever interacts together. I'm glad NG does on its better days.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia in wonderland (View Post)
Ah I love the discussion in here and CK messaged me on tumblr about it so I had to stop by.

IA 1000%, Kat. This season, IMO, is fantastic -- the humor, the storylines, the pacing. I just WISH that we could have a little bit of change. If there's just Schnick focus in next week's episode, I won't be too happy, despite how much I love them I'm getting a little bit sick of it now. This week was sweet. I loved the onesie thing, and I hope we get a nod to that before the series' end; Schmidt regifting it to Nick in a few years would be amazing.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. I loved Winston/Cece (another one though, again, where if they overdo it like Schnick, I won't enjoy it as much, and I hope they don't have a storyline alone for awhile.) Nick and Schmidt and the cousins were hilarious - I genuinely LOL'ed at a lot. I loved the whole, "You're romantic to me all the time!" thing, and the falling in the parking lot.

I agree, though. I want more Schmece. I was telling CK - I don't think they've had one-on-one time at all this season! They had a four second convo in the premiere by themselves about Cece not telling her mom about them, and that was angsty and tear-y. I want something sweet and ridiculous and cute.

The end scene, I thought, was really nice. I find it cute how they managed to incorporate Jess, it was a nice surprise!
Juliaaaaa I love our tumblr chat but It makes me so happy when you post here too, thank you thank you my dear

I knew we were all thinking the same haha. We are all in sync here I really wish for a change as well, not that I didn't enjoy the episodes. I loved all of them and laughed but there should be a balance and space between the dynamics because right now I feel kinda overwhelmed about Schnick. It really feels like they are gonna elope at the end, you know? I am hopeful for next episodes tho

That onesie was soooooooo cute!! It made me teary eyed even. I hope we see it again. I loved how Schmidt wanted mini Nicks in his life more than Nick himself haha. I cannot wait to see the same dynamic explored with Schmece. I have fears abt them but I am also hopeful we will get out caramel miracle at the end. I just cannot wait for all

BTW here is Nick's life plan Schmidt made

http://i.imgur.com/kFlHDRe.png

He goes back to law school, buys a weasel, gets married three times, has a midlife crisis, creates a whiskey with Schmidt, adopts a whale, and finally writes a novel somewhere around 2070... etc

Last edited by lessismore; 02-03-2016 at 09:31 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ Yup. I was comparing it to Brooklyn Nine Nine. Great show, but they don't know how to do ensemble very well. They balance the storylines nicely, but the ensemble never ever ever interacts together. I'm glad NG does on its better days.
First of all, welcome back Julia, you have been missed. I really wanted to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine, I mean you know my love for Parks but I really don't like Andy. So, I didn't know that they had a problem with ensemble stories. It's surprising though, given the people behind the scenes. I am so glad that this show does that very well. Even when all we really have is the cold open and tag. Those were really fun scenes.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi girls! Miss you, I have to post here more. Your discussion > any other discussion of the show. You girls are level-headed, but also have these awesome, strong opinions about the show and I love that I can share w/ you.

I think we can all agree that s5 had an awesome start. It's laugh out loud funny, I legit laughed at some of the jokes like: "Me leche es su leche". But I'd like to see more... raw things, I guess. I want emotional SL's, romantic SL's, etc. I feel like, Kat, when you mentioned Parks... Parks did that balance very well. NG usually does too, but it's definitely been more on the humorous side this season. I think, IMO, they're trying to appeal to viewers who watch casually and don't look into the show as deeply as devoted viewers. ??? IDK, just a thought.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hi girls! Miss you, I have to post here more. Your discussion > any other discussion of the show. You girls are level-headed, but also have these awesome, strong opinions about the show and I love that I can share w/ you.

I think we can all agree that s5 had an awesome start. It's laugh out loud funny, I legit laughed at some of the jokes like: "Me leche es su leche". But I'd like to see more... raw things, I guess. I want emotional SL's, romantic SL's, etc. I feel like, Kat, when you mentioned Parks... Parks did that balance very well. NG usually does too, but it's definitely been more on the humorous side this season. I think, IMO, they're trying to appeal to viewers who watch casually and don't look into the show as deeply as devoted viewers. ??? IDK, just a thought.
We miss you too! Hope you can post more, at least for the episodes I am so happy you could watch live too btw!

I think they relied on "big guns" the most since Jess is gone. I know they are emphasizing the "ensemble" as a whole, as it should be, however in the execution Max and Jake are big guns for the show. But when they do ensemble, it works sooo great, like how they did in jury duty. and literally Winston and Cece are shining stars of the show, so I hate when they are underrated. It is so weird to talk like this when you are also enjoying the show and laughing out loud, because essentially they achieve their goal by making us enjoying the show. Then, the lack of balance is still an annoying situation imo. Especially lack of Schmiston really upsets me too. And by now we gotta seen Schmece as a couple, rather then knowing them planning the wedding for the season finale From Liz's interview I thought it was the direction. So I am hopeful it's gonna come next episode. I am glad we could open up about this

Posting this again: here is Nick's life plan that Schmidt made

http://i.imgur.com/kFlHDRe.png

He goes back to law school, buys a weasel, gets married three times, has a midlife crisis, creates a whiskey with Schmidt, adopts a whale, and finally writes a novel somewhere around 2070... etc
Reply   Post New Thread