Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2021, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
What didn’t you like? Not Mad and Kev? I loved them, I also loved Rebecca and Miguel! That conversation was long overdue. I also loved just seeing their relationship!
It was obvious to me that she was gonna go early labour, so somethings were already expected for me. But I am not bothered by them, and the obviousity of their SL, I generally liked them. They are very nice together imo I just kinda hated the fact that he had to leave the set and his job, that sucks even tho it was the right thing to do ofc.

I didn't like how Kate was totally outsided from others' SLs by this adoption story, even tho at the end we learn that they wanted to make a new big three, you know? Kate would have been there with Mad at some point, but they never talked that day, let alone about really anything during this whole relationship. It bothered me a lot. Like she's someone else not her bestie...

I also liked seeing Miguel and Bec. I liked seeing Laurel's SL finally. That really sucks. There could have been a way back, taking William with her even tho they might not wanna take Randall back, IDK... it was very very sad. But I guess now he found peace finally, so that was nice.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
It was obvious to me that she was gonna go early labour, so somethings were already expected for me. But I am not bothered by them, and the obviousity of their SL, I generally liked them. They are very nice together imo I just kinda hated the fact that he had to leave the set and his job, that sucks even tho it was the right thing to do ofc.

I didn't like how Kate was totally outsided from others' SLs by this adoption story, even tho at the end we learn that they wanted to make a new big three, you know? Kate would have been there with Mad at some point, but they never talked that day, let alone about really anything during this whole relationship. It bothered me a lot. Like she's someone else not her bestie...

I also liked seeing Miguel and Bec. I liked seeing Laurel's SL finally. That really sucks. There could have been a way back, taking William with her even tho they might not wanna take Randall back, IDK... it was very very sad. But I guess now he found peace finally, so that was nice.
I agree about Kate, I blame the writing. I’m guessing because of Covid, they had to limit group scenes and had people in different bubbles but still, they could have had them talk on the phone this season. And for that episode, they needed Madison to be alone, for the Randall phone call, which was very important in my option. But they have Madison tell Kevin on the phone that Kate is coming to take her to the hospital. Then later at the hospital, when she is talking to Kev, she explained that Kate got the call and had to leave. So we don’t see Kate with Mad but we know she was there for her. Problem solved. Was that, really that difficult?

https://ew.com/tv/this-is-us-produce...Rst9aFMGgx8ry4

Last edited by KatB; 02-21-2021 at 10:37 AM
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
I agree about Kate, I blame the writing. I’m guessing because of Covid, they had to limit group scenes and had people in different bubbles but still, they could have had them talk on the phone this season. And for that episode, they needed Madison to be alone, for the Randall phone call, which was very important in my option. But they have Madison tell Kevin on the phone that Kate is coming to take her to the hospital. Then later at the hospital, when she is talking to Kev, she explained that Kate got the call and had to leave. So we don’t see Kate with Mad but we know she was there for her. Problem solved. Was that, really that difficult?

https://ew.com/tv/this-is-us-produce...Rst9aFMGgx8ry4
Oh I thought I understood wrong when We only saw Kate with birth mother and not with Madison. So she was with her but had to leave? They could talk on the phone, when they were in the cabine they didn’t have any scenes too. I mean that’s just so wrong not to give them any scene for talk,ng all out... Maybe they are showing it like another Sophie situation for Kate? IDK...

I understand that she had to be alone for Randall’s call, which was very important and very sweet too, I really loved it. I love Beth and Randall so much But also I waited for Kate and Madison for so long and there’s none, it bothers me

Anyeays overall I have enjoyed the episodes as usual
Old 02-21-2021, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh I thought I understood wrong when We only saw Kate with birth mother and not with Madison. So she was with her but had to leave? They could talk on the phone, when they were in the cabine they didn’t have any scenes too. I mean that’s just so wrong not to give them any scene for talk,ng all out... Maybe they are showing it like another Sophie situation for Kate? IDK...

I understand that she had to be alone for Randall’s call, which was very important and very sweet too, I really loved it. I love Beth and Randall so much But also I waited for Kate and Madison for so long and there’s none, it bothers me

Anyeays overall I have enjoyed the episodes as usual
No, she wasn’t. I just said that is what they could have done, to make it seem like she had been there for her, without showing it. In case they were keeping the actors apart due to Covid. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

I waited too, but not too much. Because honestly I kinda knew they were gonna screw up the Kate and Madison thing. So, I would say it bothered me as well.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
No, she wasn’t. I just said that is what they could have done, to make it seem like she had been there for her, without showing it. In case they were keeping the actors apart due to Covid. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

I waited too, but not too much. Because honestly I kinda knew they were gonna screw up the Kate and Madison thing. So, I would say it bothered me as well.
Oh Ok, so literally they had no scenes nothing pre-birth... sigh...It’s definitely bothersome. Like you wrote they could manage something easily. They just didn’t.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh Ok, so literally they had no scenes nothing pre-birth... sigh...It’s definitely bothersome. Like you wrote they could manage something easily. They just didn’t.
Right?! It would have maybe taken 2-5 minutes. Depends on if you had a phone call between the ladies. How hard would that have been? I mean, Madison put up with the Pearson’s and Kevin being the worst, to be there when Kate was having little Jack. Even if she couldn’t see her.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Right?! It would have maybe taken 2-5 minutes. Depends on if you had a phone call between the ladies. How hard would that have been? I mean, Madison put up with the Pearson’s and Kevin being the worst, to be there when Kate was having little Jack. Even if she couldn’t see her.
oh wow you are very right. I am glad the scenes we are getting between her and Kevin, so that we can know her better and also we watch an honest relationship emerging But I like her and Kate's friendship, and also I give much importantce to friendships. So it's such a disappointment :/

A phone call could have done so much...

Kate and Toby are totally in their bubble, having a seperated SL. They just had a baby and he needed special attention! not a new sibling, hellooo...

anyways, this might for the spinoff too, like we'll be watching this new big three... IDK
Old 02-22-2021, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
oh wow you are very right. I am glad the scenes we are getting between her and Kevin, so that we can know her better and also we watch an honest relationship emerging But I like her and Kate's friendship, and also I give much importantce to friendships. So it's such a disappointment :/

A phone call could have done so much...

Kate and Toby are totally in their bubble, having a seperated SL. They just had a baby and he needed special attention! not a new sibling, hellooo...

anyways, this might for the spinoff too, like we'll be watching this new big three... IDK
Yeah, I do like the Kev and Mad that we are seeing and it allows us to see their deepening relationship. But like you said, I want the friendship. I want to continue to see Kate and Madison’s friendship. Sadly I don’t see that happening. At least not this season. With different bubbles and all. I also don’t see any big three or family scenes this season.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Yeah, I do like the Kev and Mad that we are seeing and it allows us to see their deepening relationship. But like you said, I want the friendship. I want to continue to see Kate and Madison’s friendship. Sadly I don’t see that happening. At least not this season. With different bubbles and all. I also don’t see any big three or family scenes this season.
Do you think is this all due to covid? Or, it's just their sucky writing?

my loveeeeeee my babyyyyyyy the best
Old 02-22-2021, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Do you think is this all due to covid? Or, it's just their sucky writing?

my loveeeeeee my babyyyyyyy the best
Aww, although he had better hair by the end. Season one not so much.

I think it’s a little of both. They have restrictions but I also think, like I pointed out, they could show video chatting, phone calls, and even just saying they talked to so and so. So, like I said, a bit of both.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Aww, although he had better hair by the end. Season one not so much.

I think it’s a little of both. They have restrictions but I also think, like I pointed out, they could show video chatting, phone calls, and even just saying they talked to so and so. So, like I said, a bit of both.
I know you hate his S1 hair Still he was cute imo.

Yeah I guess we can say both, if they would wanna write they could adjust something surely...
Old 02-23-2021, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know you hate his S1 hair Still he was cute imo.

Yeah I guess we can say both, if they would wanna write they could adjust something surely...
I guess I must have mentioned the hair in the past.

I agree. Tonight’s the night. Another new episode tonight. All I know is that we see Jack and Rebecca bringing the babies home from the hospital. I think we may see various ride homes, through the years.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
I guess I must have mentioned the hair in the past.

I agree. Tonight’s the night. Another new episode tonight. All I know is that we see Jack and Rebecca bringing the babies home from the hospital. I think we may see various ride homes, through the years.
Yes you did, several times

Oh new episode! I guess we’ll see the old big three and new big three are taken home and etc I love seeing my Jack

Oh btw! Did you know mandy was pregnant? Apparently she has given birth as well... babies babies all around
Old 02-23-2021, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes you did, several times

Oh new episode! I guess we’ll see the old big three and new big three are taken home and etc I love seeing my Jack

Oh btw! Did you know mandy was pregnant? Apparently she has given birth as well... babies babies all around
Idk, I guess I tend to repeat myself.

I did know, that Mandy was pregnant.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Quote:
Idk, I guess I tend to repeat myself.

I did know, that Mandy was pregnant.
I didn’t or I totally have forgetten

So how was the episode?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top