Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I didn't excuse his behavior. But being drunk did affect his thinking and his actions at the time. That isn't an excuse, but it clearly had an impact. If he hadn't been drunk, he would have been thinking more clearly and probably wouldn't have acted the way he did.

Every action has a consequence. But looking at the situation and the circumstances helps to understand why someone acts the way they do. That is all it is when bringing up the fact that he was drunk. It is a way of better understanding why Wade reacted as he did.
It definitely did cloud his judgement. And alcohol has a nasty habit of augmenting any state of mind that you're already in. He was miserable and it only got worse which lead to even more self-loathing.

Quote:
I think it was necessary though. Wade needed to lose everything and sabotage it himself for him to realize that he needed to change and to actually take those actions to make the change necessary. Otherwise it would have been a continuing cycle.
Completely agree. And he did it in such a spectacular fashion too. Remember George told Wade that women needed to have mini eruptions instead of a major one? Wade should have had one a long time ago.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Oh no I know...but I hate that they always use people are drunk to try to excuse or justify things, I did not say that you did, sorry if you felt that way. I think if it wasn't that it would have been something else that he did later to cause them to break up because like you said, he HAD to go through all of that in order to realize that he couldn't continue down the path he was going.
Alcohol or any other thing similar, ie pain killers like in 308, are a way of showing that the characters probably wouldn't have acted a certain way and there is something impairing their judgement, thinking and their actions. I don't believe that if Zoe was sober that she would have slept with Wade in 221. It was clearly something she did not want to do when she was in her right mind. But she was in a down moment and being drunk probably helped enhance how lonely she was feeling and in a weak moment she turned to Wade to help her feel better. IMO, Wade in 215 was similar. He was feeling down and being drunk just made that worse. And he fell back on something that he's always been successful at in the past which was women. He quickly regretted it the next morning when he was sober and thinking clearly. I think even extreme stress may also be something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlondeMess (View Post)
Completely agree. And he did it in such a spectacular fashion too. Remember George told Wade that women needed to have mini eruptions instead of a major one? Wade should have had one a long time ago.
Yes a major blow up with him was coming because he was clearly holding a lot in during season 2. If he had let it out little by little then the big blow up probably wouldn't have happened. And yet because of his lack of self-esteem he couldn't let it out little by little. If any of that makes sense? LOL It was just a cycle. He always seemed to feel lucky that he was with Zoe. So he was willing to twist himself into what he thought he needed to be in order to keep her. And he also wasn't willing to rock the boat for fear of losing her.

Last edited by Tracie76; 07-20-2014 at 09:05 AM
Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Hopefully their lack of communicate won't happen once they reunite
Old 07-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Hopefully their lack of communicate won't happen once they reunite
I don't think it will unless they majorly backtrack the characters. Sure there will probably be issues. And they may be a bit reserved or hesitant at first, but they should be willing to open up and communicate with one another.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Yes a major blow up with him was coming because he was clearly holding a lot in during season 2. If he had let it out little by little then the big blow up probably wouldn't have happened. And yet because of his lack of self-esteem he couldn't let it out little by little. If any of that makes sense? LOL It was just a cycle. He always seemed to feel lucky that he was with Zoe. So he was willing to twist himself into what he thought he needed to be in order to keep her. And he also wasn't willing to rock the boat for fear of losing her.
I agree with this yet I don't feel that he was fully himself when he was with Vivian either. He also wasn't really willing to rock the boat and I felt like he did twist himself in some ways.

Communication got better, but I didn't feel Wade was really himself either. If I even makes sense.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 07-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Makes perfect sense lol! He'd come so far - they both had - so people were right to believe in him, even then. But he needed to be happy!

Cathy - he wasn't himself with either. He tried to be a completely different person around V. It was always going to fail. With Zoe he was more himself and she loved him, but like Tracie said he held back. Although he messed up by "being Wade", I wish he didn't think he needed to be someone else for a relationship to work.

He doesn't know who he is anymore - the wade Zoe fell in love with would've been deliriously happy at her ILY, which could be a reason why he held back (other than them hurting each other too).

Last edited by LittleBlondeMess; 07-20-2014 at 09:34 AM
Old 07-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Communication is key
Old 07-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree with this yet I don't feel that he was fully himself when he was with Vivian either. He also wasn't really willing to rock the boat and I felt like he did twist himself in some ways.

Communication got better, but I didn't feel Wade was really himself either. If I even makes sense.
I didn't really get enough of Wade/Vivian together to get a good feel for that relationship. While I do think that Wade wanted to do everything right, I can't say for sure if he was or wasn't himself. He's growing and changing so some of the way he was in that relationship is probably also a reflection of that as well as him trying to not mess things up. For me it is too hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. If that makes sense?

We'll see it better when he is with Zoe again because some of that should also come out in his relationship with Zoe. Also Zoe and Vivian were different people so that may also have affected how Wade was in that relationship.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It'll be better with Zoe since he loves her
Old 07-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Cathy - he wasn't himself with either. He tried to be a completely different person around V. It was always going to fail. With Zoe he was more himself and she loved him, but like Tracie said he held back. Although he messed up by "being Wade", I wish he didn't think he needed to be someone else for a relationship to work.

He doesn't know who he is anymore - the wade Zoe fell in love with would've been deliriously happy at her ILY, which could be a reason why he held back (other than them hurting each other too).
And yet to me part of the problem is both have changed, so therefore neither really is the same person the other fell in love with.

And yet I get that they both needed to grow....

But Wade still needs to show his fun side and disagree and banter, etc that he used to do with everyone....we didn't really see that at all lately, and yet, growing doesn't mean you give up the fun side of yourself. If you can have fun and joke, etc what kind of life is there really?

And that is what I hope he got from being with Vivian...that he needs to be himself, he can't be who he thinks someone wants him to be, because then you are not only giving up some of yourself, but it doesn't mean it will work. If it is meant to be you can be yourself and be happy and it will all work out.

Quote:
It'll be better with Zoe since he loves her
But what will be better?

ETA: Although he did get back to the banter with Zoe at the end of the season, but would that continue if they got back into a relationship? Things are different when you are just friends with someone.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh

Last edited by Cadenf; 07-20-2014 at 09:46 AM
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Banter was always part of ZW's relationship. I think it always will be.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ETA: Although he did get back to the banter with Zoe at the end of the season, but would that continue if they got back into a relationship? Things are different when you are just friends with someone.
I don't see why that wouldn't continue. Maybe at first they may be a bit reserved when they first get back together, but I think they'd settle back into things once they are comfortable. They are still them even if they've matured and changed for the better. But the relationship will also still be different as well. Honestly once they have their first fight and make it through that, things should be better. It may be a bit like walking on eggshells prior to that.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

How long do you think it'll take for them to have that first fight?
Old 07-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
I don't see why that wouldn't continue. Maybe at first they may be a bit reserved when they first get back together, but I think they'd settle back into things once they are comfortable. They are still them even if they've matured and changed for the better. But the relationship will also still be different as well. Honestly once they have their first fight and make it through that, things should be better. It may be a bit like walking on eggshells prior to that.
Yeah hence my ETA...He is back to bantering with people!

~~~
I hope that it is quickly because watching them walk on eggshells would be so boring!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread