Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

We re-watched 1X05 on Tuesday. The other episodes discussion posts haven't been yet.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT!

Welcome back, Jeanne. I think 1x06 is scheduled for today, but we're having a bit of an angry-at-LG moment, so no-one really seems in the mood for re-watch talk. Hopefully, we'll be a bit more positive by evening.

And, Kate, I'm so glad the storms have left you with power to use and that you seem safe and sound.

And I'm not going to dignify LG's audacity to blame a single iota of cheatgate on Zoe with any more response than to say that her values are even more screwed up than I ever imagined.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

1X06 is scheduled for Saturday.

Thanks BB. It seems to be over.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne1337 (View Post)
Hey Everyone!
Haven''t been here for a while... Can you tell me where are we with the rewatch thing? And what were the conclusions after past eps? I've been here only to read the ep 1 & 2 conclusions, so now I have no idea how it's gone later on!

Good to be back!
I'm not going to continue summarizing the discussions. I'm just really not in a place ATM to mentally be there. Despite us thinking that we see things, I'm honestly more of the belief that most of it is just coincidental rather than done on purpose. The more I read LG's interviews the less faith I have that there is any deep thought going on with the writing process.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That sucks
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I'm not going to continue summarizing the discussions. I'm just really not in a place ATM to mentally be there. Despite us thinking that we see things, I'm honestly more of the belief that most of it is just coincidental rather than done on purpose. The more I read LG's interviews the less faith I have that there is any deep thought going on with the writing process.
I feel like an honest attempt was made to create a well-crafted, light-hearted show during the early part of season one.

I also think LG degenerated into madness in the back-end of season two and she's not showing any signs of regaining her sanity soon, so I'm left hoping the CW exerts theirs in her stead.

At this point, I'd happily settle for hackneyed, boring, and predictable over LG's view of what the characters she "created" (I'm putting that in quotes because I'm starting to think that WB had more than a little influence over how Wade came into being, and she's determined to punish him for being more popular than her writing) would do.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

LG's an idiot and should not be allowed to do anything with HOD anymore.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
LG's an idiot and should not be allowed to do anything with HOD anymore.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

From 2X15 on it became crystal clear she has no idea what she's doing.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
That sucks
I'm sorry. I just need a break from anything related to HoD and thinking that there is anything deeper there other than a quirky show that made me laugh.

I'm not going to get personal about LG. It is her show. I just don't see things the same way she does. And yet because it is her show that means I have to come to terms with the fact that I won't always agree with the way things go nor even really like them. That doesn't make her mad or crazy or out of control. It just means that she and I differ on what I find as entertaining. If I'm not entertained I'll turn the show off. It is just a TV show and I'm not going to let myself get all bent out of shape over things not going the way I think they should. There are far too many books and TV shows out there to do that. It isn't worth the aggravation.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's okay Tracie.

Hopefully we'll get a good spoiler about next season that erases the stupidity that was LG's interview.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Fan

The place where my dislike for LG gets personal occurs where she thinks her values should cross my threshold and compete for my attention on the backs of a bunch of incredibly talented actors who just want to have steady work....
Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I can't help but take it personally.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

And yet there is still the option of turning it off. I'll choose that option if the show gets to a point that I no longer find any entertainment value in it. And if enough people feel the same way she won't have a show any longer. And those actors would then be out of their contracts and free to pursue other jobs. A lot of time writers/showrunners/whatever write things that the actors don't like or that the majority of the audience doesn't even like. It still doesn't make them crazy nor is there any need to get personal about it. It is her show. She is the creator of it. So with that comes with the territory that she is selling us her vision of what she thinks is entertaining. It is up to me as the viewer to determine if I'm going to buy it or not.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's just stupid. She should want to make her audience happy so her show will continue. Instead she's ruining it and making no one want to watch.