Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2020, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Oh definitely, if Wade hadn't seen George there, I think he would have been completely different with Zoe the next morning

I'm glad that Zoe figured that out too, it was probably the first time that she actually thought about things from his pov & understood why he acted that way
It always annoyed me that Wade felt the need to have George's permission too. Sorry a few confessions here or there, maybe a kiss or two, doesn't equal a relationship, esp when one of you are engaged to be married. After Wade and Zoe started dating and after their split, I think I would have lost any ounce of respect for George I had, if he really went there and tried to have a relationship with Zoe, after the fact, because she was Wade's actual girlfriend. Doesn't matter the circumstanes or that Wade was at fault for anything. It was clear to EVERYONE in town, including George, how much Wade hated himself for losing her and hurting her. And George, even though he was mad at Wade, knew that. He and Wade were still friends, good friends and if he moved in on Zoe, while she was in a very vulnerable position. I think I would have hated George for doing Wade that way. I kinda think that is why the writers killed the triangle after the break-up, for good. By having George turn Zoe down and him tell her that he realized she truly had feelings for Wade. I mean, the triangle was kinda dead in 2x01 when Zoe ended up in bed with Wade again, but it officially died after their split. Thank goodness for that.

Also Wade and Zoe being a cute couple in sync/mirroring eachother. *SIGH*

"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that annoyed me too - especially like, as you said, George never considered Wade when it came to him potentiall pursuing a relationship with Zoe If Wade ever had to actually see Zoe & George together, I don't think that my heart could have handled it!

Cute gifs, them being officially together in s2 was so good, even if it was way too brief
Old 03-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Way too brief. I loved the build up, esp from Wade's POV. Something about guys on tv, longing for the girl, he thinks he's not good enough, always gets me. Guess that's why I loved Pacey from Dawson's Creek so much. Wade was the same way with Zoe. So I loved that buildup and the payoff at the end of Season 1, but Season 2 was way too brief.

They were only an actual couple/Boyfriend and girlfriend for 6 episodes, before they writers nearly destroyed them. From 2x10 to 2x16. I mean, they pretty much acted like a couple when they were FWB, it was just behind closed doors. I mean, they actually cuddled together in 2x06 and actually talked about conquering miles for love if things were meant to be. That didn't come across as just FWB, hit it and leave behavior. So even though they had a sex relationship starting from 1x22 to 2x10 before becoming official. I still feel cheated. They could have at least waited til the end of the season. Maybe 2x19 the break up and then have them have the one night stand in 2x21, then Wade going after her 2x22. A few more eps of coute coupleness wouldn't have hurt before they almost destroyed them.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 03-28-2020, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is true, they were pretty much a couple before they officially became a couple, it just took them a while to admit it

& they were overcoming all their problems, & seemed to only get stronger, for it to end like that so soon was crushing
Old 03-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

As crushing and unnecessary as it was, it showed just how strong their connection was and would be throughtout the rest of their journey. How Wade self sabotaged thinking he was gonna forget Zoe and go back to his old life and finding out quickly that wasn't the case. Zoe being heartbroken, saying she hated Wade, then turning around and saying she didn't. It was a horrible thing for them both to go through and it forced them both to grow up and admit how they truly felt (to themselves) even if they hadn't said it out loud yet. Obviously Zoe missed him, otherwise she never would have hooked up with him when she was feeling down, which AB was quick to point out. Like she said, there were many things Zoe could have done to make herself feel better, but she chose to sleep with Wade. Which isn't really unheard of when couples split, to circle back to each other, not long after the break. I also like how Zoe mentions when they were trapped in the closet at the Rammer Jammer, that they had been through worse together. It showed how far they had come. That is why I think they have one of the best journey's (good and bad) of most couples on TV. They weren't just one note. They had layers to their relationship/journey, which is why they rank so high on my list. You rooted for them through the good and bad, no matter how rough it got, because you knew they really loved eachother, even when they were denying it and when they were broke up. And to see them overcome that and come back together, was really rewarding. Still not happy about the reason, but I look at it as a bump that could have destroyed them forever, but it didn't. In fact, they came out of it stronger then ever.

Now, had Wade been a jerk afterward, like some guys are and tried putting blame on Zoe, being obnoxious and didn't take what he did seriously, it would have been hard to root for them, but he didn't do that. He did the opposite and painfully owned up to what he did and recognized he was the reason she was gone and felt he would never get her back and changed his life around and did everything to win her back. That is why I was able to still love and root for them and not hate Wade. Honestly, I don't think there is much that would have made me hate Wade. He is too damn likeable lol.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wade really did do wrong, & you could see that he had hurt himself just as much as he had hurt Zoe

& they really did earn their way back to being a couple imo, it wasn't the smoothest journey, but they important thing is that they got there
Old 03-28-2020, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

For sure. I think it would have been too unrealistic to not give Zoe a healing period and to be able to trust Wade again. I just didn't expect it to be a whole season. At least they're married now with a baby. Maybe another baby by now, since it's been 5 years. I kinda want them to have a little girl. If the show ever came back and they had a little girl. I think my heart would burst, seeing Wade with her.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
For sure. I think it would have been too unrealistic to not give Zoe a healing period and to be able to trust Wade again. I just didn't expect it to be a whole season. At least they're married now with a baby. Maybe another baby by now, since it's been 5 years. I kinda want them to have a little girl. If the show ever came back and they had a little girl. I think my heart would burst, seeing Wade with her.
Yeah, I agree. It would have been really unrealistic for them to be back together really quickly considering what he did, but it just was dragged out longer than it should have.

ღ Nathan&Haley ღ Wade&Zoe ღ Oliver&Felicity ღ Vincent&Cat ღ Steve&Catherine ღ Liv&Major ღ Ezra&Aria ღ
Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
RissB_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Zoe falling for Wade. Literally...

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 03-28-2020 at 06:17 PM
Old 03-29-2020, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved how she was trying to be smooth there, but it just didn't work at all

& I would love to see them with a little girl too! I think it would be so cute
Old 03-29-2020, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, that scene was really funny.

ღ Nathan&Haley ღ Wade&Zoe ღ Oliver&Felicity ღ Vincent&Cat ღ Steve&Catherine ღ Liv&Major ღ Ezra&Aria ღ
Old 03-29-2020, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

There are so many things I wanted, that we didn't get.

Wade holding their son.

Them saying what his name was, instead of TBD.

Them saying I love you "mutually" more then that one phone exchange time. (It is one of my favorite moments tho) We had waited so long for that and to only get it once and over the phone was a little disappointing, but hey, at least we got it. Yeah, I know Zoe told Wade she loved him before and vice versa and they told other people, but that mutual exchange, I really needed to hear that as a shipper.

I wish we had really gotten those things.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Yeah. That's the great thing about fan fiction. You can imagine how things would be your own way.... Things we didn't get to see on screen. Although I feel like they should have mentioned the baby's name in the finale. That wouldn't have been that hard to do.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

I guess we just have to imagine it's Oliver, since that is what Wilson said in one of his interviews would be the name, cause he said he likes that one.

When Wade was putting that bandage on her, with that song "this love" playing in the background. It got me teary eyed and I almost wanted to cry, because You could feel his love for her, as odd as that sounds. My Zade emotions were so all over the place that night, when they were in the barn. IDK why that moment made me so emotional. I mean, she had just called him out on his feelings and basically said "you have feelings, that I don't". You could see it hurt and embarrassed him, which made him leave. Then he had to save face and come back with a sexual frustration excuse. Then seeing him so sweet and gentle with her after all that went down, just made my heart break for him, cause you could see how much he cared about her, even knowing she just told him that she didn't have those feelings. I just wanted to hug him. I remember also thinking, I just wanted Zoe to say something, anything after he did that for her, to make things right, because it was such a tender moment. Thankfully she owned up to having thoughts about sleeping with him after that. (I mean, we been knew since she daydreamed about him and went to his house that night, during the heat wave) but it was nice to see the smile on his face, when she confirmed it to him.

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 03-29-2020 at 01:08 PM
Old 03-29-2020, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, their feelings for each other were so obvious even if they didn't want to admit it.

Reply   Post New Thread