Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2020, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

They all knew how popular Wade and Zoe were too. Anytime they had polls, Zade shippers would dominate. I think on one poll when asked who Zoe should be with it was like 98% Wade to 2% George in that was in the very first season before they ever got together. So the writers knew early on who people wanted. Obviously it's why they had Zoe pick Wade at the end of 2x01 even though they played it off as just sex. I mean, she still chose him. Then they saw the backlash from the split. They should have known it was a slap in the face to keep Joel and Vivian around as long as they did. Esp having Zoe fall apart when Joel left, telling him she loved him, almost taking her breakup harder with him, then Wade. It took everything I had not to tune out, but I stayed with my ship, esp for Wade. Glad Wilson always stuck up for Wade and Zoe though.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I really thought that the writers had learned their lesson after the last 5 episodes of s2 & how the fans took the Zoe/Wade breakup.

I couldn't stick with season 3 after 3x08, I thought that with the ZW kiss, we might see the end of Joel, or at least a step forward for ZW, but with Zoe still with Joel at the end of that episode & Wade then after Vivian, I had no interest in watching that. I still kept up with what was going on with the show though & started watching again towards the end of s3.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah. They had a perfect opportunity too. The Kiss that happened in 3x08, showed how shook Zoe was and then that night Zoe watched Vivian leave with Wade. They could have used that as stepping stone to finally push Zoe toward forgiving Wade and realizing she was in love with him and didn't want him with anyone else. They didn't actually have to pursue a full on relationship with W/V. Zoe could have broken up with Joel and sent him on his way. Then we could have gotten jealous Zoe trying to come between Wade and Vivian, the way Wade would try to come between Zoe's dates. I would have enjoyed seeing that, actually. It would have been a nice foot swapping and could have been fun and then lead to their reunion, but nope. Instead we got a terrible Season 3 for Zade shippers. I mean, a lot of time had passed for healing after their break already, at 3x08. What was it, like 7 months or so? She spent 5 months in NY, then that kiss was like 2 months after Joel arrived, right? I still can't believe how ticked off that season still makes me to think about. lol
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 03-27-2020, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, I really thought that the writers had learned their lesson after the last 5 episodes of s2 & how the fans took the Zoe/Wade breakup.

I couldn't stick with season 3 after 3x08, I thought that with the ZW kiss, we might see the end of Joel, or at least a step forward for ZW, but with Zoe still with Joel at the end of that episode & Wade then after Vivian, I had no interest in watching that. I still kept up with what was going on with the show though & started watching again towards the end of s3.
Yeah, I had a difficult time sticking with season 3 after then too. Even though I did watch the episodes I was mainly just watching without much focus at all. The Joel and Zoe relationship just lasted way too long. In what I've seen in the past with other shows I've watched if the writers had the intention of getting them back together, they broke them up at the end of one season and got them back together by AT LEAST mid season finale of the following season. That was definitely not the case for Wade and Zoe. But it should have because it got to the point where it felt too dragged out.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Also, I might be the only one, but I love when both say "Come Here" before they kiss one another. I don't know why I find it so endearing. I noticed they both do it. That and Wade calling Zoe "Doc" and "Sparkie" all the time is pretty darn cute too.

Zoe also says it to him in 4x03 before they kiss on the couch and Wade says it again to her in 2x07 after he bakes her the cookies and picks her up. I'm sure there are other times I'm missing. They say it a pretty good bit. Although I don't think any of the times will top him saying it, after he kissed and picked her up, after she asked him to be her boyfriend. *SWOON*

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 03-27-2020 at 07:58 AM
Old 03-27-2020, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Those are really cute moments! I feel like there is another moments where he says 'come here' to her, but I just can't think of it right now!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, there are other times. They say 'Come Here' to one another before kissing, a pretty good bit, which I adore.

Wade says it to Zoe in these episodes.

2x07
2x10
2x11
2x14
2x15
2x16

Zoe says it to Wade in these episodes.

4x03
4x04

I'm sure there are more scenes, that's the only ones I can recall right now.

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 03-27-2020 at 10:36 AM
Old 03-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Wow, Wade said it quite a lot!

https://redblad.tumblr.com/post/23164857748

Old 03-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

He does say it a lot.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

That was one of the hottest scenes from a TV show. Season 1 was one of the best build ups of a couple bantering/flirting topped off with intense sexual tension. Then take all that and bring it in the last episode, throw them both in a barn, in white t-shirts, turn on the rain, turn up the tension and heat, then afterward, watch the sparks fly (literally).

I mean...

Wade's smile at the door
Wade in a suit
Wade not saying a word and pushing Zoe to the wall
Wade being happy and the giggling between them

Bless those HOD writers for that episode. Best payoff ever. Definitely worth the wait.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

My favorite love scene.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Mine too, it was just amazing & the song was perfect too!

It was hot, but at the same time you could tell that it very obviously wasn't just sex, they were clearly feelings there too
Old 03-28-2020, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

You could for sure tell that it was more then just sex. Wade was so incredibly happy and not just because he was having sex. The man would have no problem getting that. It was because he was finally connecting with someone he had feelings for, for nearly a year. I also love that the next morning in 2x01 when talking to George, that she straight up admitted she wasn't sure about things and that she wasn't sure if she had feelings for Wade or not, which was a huge step in her direction, considering all things Wade she shot down to the ground usually. She definitely felt a deeper connection then just sex too. I remember taking away from that episode, when he said "I'm not saying I wanna marry you." I remember being like, oh he's for sure gonna wanna marry her if something happens. That's why in 2x01 when he was kinda acting like a butt about the whole thing, acting like it was just about sex, that I never got mad at him. It was pretty obvious he put walls up as soon as he walked in and saw George and Zoe and heard about George calling off the wedding. Wade wasn't about to toss his hat (true feelings) in the ring because he believed he wouldn't win. I do love that Zoe called him out on putting up his walls tho. I knew it was only gonna be a matter of time and those walls were gonna come tumbling down. We knew Wade wasn't gonna be able to keep playing it off and eventually have to throw his hat in the ring.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh definitely, if Wade hadn't seen George there, I think he would have been completely different with Zoe the next morning

I'm glad that Zoe figured that out too, it was probably the first time that she actually thought about things from his pov & understood why he acted that way
Old 03-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Mine too, it was just amazing & the song was perfect too!

It was hot, but at the same time you could tell that it very obviously wasn't just sex, they were clearly feelings there too
Yeah, it really was a great scene and the song fit perfectly for it.

Reply   Post New Thread