Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Wow, I didn't know anyone actually thought that! It'd been obvious for a long time that ZG was dead....

Lavon was so selfish, Wade had made it clear that he wanted to marry Zoe. That whole episode was about Zoe & Wade thinking about marriage, & Lavon didn't even say sorry for what happened. He was just happy for himself & didn't think about what he'd taken away from them.

Did the writers actually think that that was a good storyline? That people would like Lavon for it?
Old 01-14-2017, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Wow, I didn't know anyone actually thought that! It'd been obvious for a long time that ZG was dead....

Lavon was so selfish, Wade had made it clear that he wanted to marry Zoe. That whole episode was about Zoe & Wade thinking about marriage, & Lavon didn't even say sorry for what happened. He was just happy for himself & didn't think about what he'd taken away from them.

Did the writers actually think that that was a good storyline? That people would like Lavon for it?
Nah. The idiots in Blue Belle. She was pregnant with Wade's kid and those morons thought she was running off with George. (Or Dash anyways... I can't actually remember since, again, I only saw it once)

Yep. He got the engagement he was maybe thinking about but didn't have to do a thing for it. And he acted like it was a fate or something. Screw that. The thing that bugged me so much is that he didn't apologize and instead almost rubbed Wade's nose in it in 410. Like "Yeah, so? We deserve it more!" I hated Lavon. The show ended with me thinking he got an ending he didn't deserve in any way.

I've said before, WZ were the only ones who got the ending that they earned and deserved. (Lemon deserved a happy ending, but LL didn't, if that makes sense) WZ had to go through a ton of pain in order to get their happy ending and that makes it more special and better. The others were just slapped together.

-Hannah
Old 01-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Maybe they figured it was the finale so who cared if they threw Lavon under the bus.

LL never made sense to me and didn't deserve a happy ending. Lavon should have ended up alone while Lemon ended up with George or someone new.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I was so over Lavon by s4 too....& I don't think the writers actually thought that he was doing anything wrong, I think they just thought it would all be funny
Old 01-15-2017, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I was so over Lavon by s4 too....& I don't think the writers actually thought that he was doing anything wrong, I think they just thought it would all be funny
YES! That is exactly what they probably thought, which made it even more annoying. Lavon wasn't funny. Even if CW tried to play it like that, which just bugged me. And then he acted like Wade was putting him out a bit when Wade asked if he could have the musician. I really just hated Lavon in the finale.

He deserved to be alone. He did absolutely no growing. He only walked into his happy ending. Lemon deserved better. Much better. Lavon was the only one who did no growing.

Thank goodness WZ did a lot of growing and deserved their ending.

-Hannah
Old 01-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Also, I think the Wade/Lemon scene about marriage helped to make Lavon look bad. Lemon was happy about Wade getting engaged/married while Lavon knew he stole his friend's proposal and didn't care at all.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, at least Lemon felt bad about it & made things right with Wade when she found out

Totally Random : ↳ Zoe & Wade - 2x11 Old Alabama
Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Also, I think the Wade/Lemon scene about marriage helped to make Lavon look bad. Lemon was happy about Wade getting engaged/married while Lavon knew he stole his friend's proposal and didn't care at all.
LOL That is a good point. I hadn't thought of that but yeah, I think that did help to make him look bad. If Lemon didn't react the way she did, it also wouldn't have made Lavon's lack of growth so obvious. LOL

I liked that Lemon was happy and didn't mind sharing the spotlight. Zoe not wanting to steal Lemon's thunder on one hand showed incredible growth but god, it got old and annoying real quick.

-Hannah
Old 01-17-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It did show that Zoe had grown, but she overdid it imo - there would be nothing wrong with her being annoyed with LL in that situation & them screwing up her proposal.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Technically it wasn't Lemon's thunder to be stolen. It was ZW's that LL stole.

Sophie. Especially since she saw how upset Wade was.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Exactly, but I guess she still felt bad about what had happened before, that she just couldn't see the situation clearly....

They were so cute in 2x11
Old 01-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Cute gifset!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They were so happy together