Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It was easier to just go with 'he cheated and I hate him'
Old 07-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think she hated him then, but I think she wanted to keep him in the 'Wade will always be a womanizer' box, because if he wasn't in that box, she'd have to wonder if she made a mistake not giving him a second chance.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I don't think she hated him then, but I think she wanted to keep him in the 'Wade will always be a womanizer' box, because if he wasn't in that box, she'd have to wonder if she made a mistake not giving him a second chance.
I think she wanted to hate him at that point. I don't think she really did though. I get why she tried to keep him in that box. He cheated on her. He hurt her. I get why she wasn't ready to wonder or think about having made a mistake. I really had no issue with that. I just think they should have shown more. That was the most irritating thing. I mean I got that at some point Wade had to back off and give up. That was the only way Zoe was ever going to see that he had really changed. But LG just could have done so much more than she did with that, but in the end, I was pretty happy with how things ended. Once Joel left... I felt like they were headed back to WZ and Zoe had healed. Joel left when Zoe was healed. LOL

(OK, so a lot of my thinking is wanking but whatever.... lol)

-Hannah
Old 07-12-2016, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

They didn't show as much as tell us how she was feeling.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, & I definitely get why Zoe felt that way too, but the writers did do such a bad job of showing it - we all just had a few lines & scenes to try & interpret what the hell the writers were trying to do that season
Old 07-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

It was an epic fail on the writers part to not show more and leave it up to us to wank it. LOL I do think there was enough to read into, though. Especially given how it ended. LOL

-Hannah
Old 07-13-2016, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

For being the main character, she sure didn't get to show us her pov a lot.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

YES! That is so true Kate. I blame LG getting stuck on the idea of a triangle and having an idea of how she wanted it to end. But that wasn't what the audience wanted, so she had to switch gears. I think that had a lot to do with it.

-Hannah
Old 07-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wonder how much they planned season 3....I mean, she openly admitted that they didn't have a road map for the last 5 eps of season 2 - & I think that is because she was hoping to bring back the triangle, but it was clear at that point that most of the audience wouldn't be willing to sit throuhgh Zoe/George. So, I wonder if she kinda made up season 3 as she went along too...
Old 07-13-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

I think by the time they wrote the S2 finale, LG realized GZ was dead because that is how the S2 finale came across to me, so I think they probably had planned to bring it back but by that point changed their minds and they were left scrambling. I don't know. And with Joel, Zoe got to try out the picture she had in her head and heal at the same time. I don't think WZ could have survived if she dated George. They could survive the cheating but not that IMO. So, once LG realized WZ was where it was going, she had to change a lot...... which clearly she was not expecting. But at least she did it. lol

-Hannah
Old 07-14-2016, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wonder if Joel was basically a George insert in s3, if that's what she would have done with them if they had the chance.....*shudder* I don't know what would have been worse! & I agree, there's no way ZW would have survived ZG happening, & I don't think the show would have done either...
Old 07-14-2016, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I agree. Joel was a sub for George.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't know which would have been the lesser of two evils there

So you like cats?

Old 07-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I wonder if Joel was basically a George insert in s3, if that's what she would have done with them if they had the chance.....*shudder* I don't know what would have been worse! & I agree, there's no way ZW would have survived ZG happening, & I don't think the show would have done either...
Yeah, I think that is what Joel was basically. Zoe needed to try out the picture that George represented in her head. Joel fit that to a 't'. In the end, it didn't work, didn't make her as happy as Wade did. I think Joel is definitely the lesser of two evils.

-Hannah
Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think that seeing Zoe & George together would have destroyed Wade. Especially if they were at I-love-you stages & buying a house together. Wade & George's friendship would have never recovered imo, it would have been awful. So, in that respect, Joel was definitely better