Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Do they just subtract the people watching the game on the network or do they take into account that perhaps some of those people would have watched the network anyway?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't believe some of the horrible things that are being said on Twitter and other social media sites, some people just make the whole fanbase look awful
Old 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
Do they just subtract the people watching the game on the network or do they take into account that perhaps some of those people would have watched the network anyway?
The people watching the game are included in the initial numbers. And then the final numbers subtracts all areas where a game was showing and it wasn't HoD. Chicago aired HoD on Saturday I believe so those numbers aren't added to this number since this number is just for Friday. But in the official book or wherever they keep the records, they will include all first airing runs. Unfortunately we don't get to see that number.

But last season one of the episode's final live numbers was a 0.4, but there were preemptions. When the DVR numbers came out 3 weeks later, the rating was a 0.5 before the DVR numbers were add. It had then included the other airings of the show where it was preempted and shown on another night.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)
I can't believe some of the horrible things that are being said on Twitter and other social media sites, some people just make the whole fanbase look awful
There are always a few bad seeds but pretty much all the tweets, I have read, have been people saying they are sad the show is ending.

Quote:
The people watching the game are included in the initial numbers. And then the final numbers subtracts all areas where a game was showing and it wasn't HoD. Chicago aired HoD on Saturday I believe so those numbers aren't added to this number since this number is just for Friday. But in the official book or wherever they keep the records, they will include all first airing runs. Unfortunately we don't get to see that number.
Potentially there could have been a fair amount of the households watching the game that would have watched the show. They have to take that into account when they calculate the share. If they take out X amount of viewers for the show, they need to subtract that number from the total amount of viewers that could have seen the show.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Good numbers despite being preempted
Old 03-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

There is really no way of knowing if the people who watched basketball would have watched HoD live. So I don't even know how you would go about trying to factor a number in. And the number is probably too small for them to really worry about. This week's numbers aren't far off the numbers for 408 where there were no preemptions. But knowing that there were preemptions at least is one explanation why ratings could be slightly lower.

I'm just happy it stayed above a million and at a 0.4 with a pretty big market preempted.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Leila retweeted some stuff about the ratings
Old 03-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
There is really no way of knowing if the people who watched basketball would have watched HoD live. So I don't even know how you would go about trying to factor a number in. And the number is probably too small for them to really worry about. This week's numbers aren't far off the numbers for 408 where there were no preemptions. But knowing that there were preemptions at least is one explanation why ratings could be slightly lower.

I'm just happy it stayed above a million and at a 0.4 with a pretty big market preempted.
What I mean is that in order for them to know the share they need to know the total amount of potential viewers. Since the number of potential viewers went down due the show not being broadcast in an area so should the share index. So fx a 1.08 viewership with no preemption could have been a 0.3 but since the total amount of potential viewers is down it was still a 0.4. Without looking at their spreadsheet, I can't know for sure, but that is how statistics work in my world.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Leila retweeted some stuff about the ratings
I noticed that earlier. I actually found it quite funny since the ratings excuse is bs and everyone knows it.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 03-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 03-23-2015, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
What I mean is that in order for them to know the share they need to know the total amount of potential viewers. Since the number of potential viewers went down due the show not being broadcast in an area so should the share index. So fx a 1.08 viewership with no preemption could have been a 0.3 but since the total amount of potential viewers is down it was still a 0.4. Without looking at their spreadsheet, I can't know for sure, but that is how statistics work in my world.
The demo rating is based on viewers who are 18-49 so really the total number of viewers is meaningless in the scheme of things. The advertisers want viewers in a certain age group. And really on the CW the more important number is 18-34 or in HoD's case, women 18-34. It could have 5 million viewers but if they are under 18 or over 49, they don't count in the demo number, but we'd still see them reflected in the total viewers. Look at some of the numbers for CBS notably Madame Secretary and The Good Wife, low demo ratings but with viewers near 10 million. That is why CBS is known more for older people watching and they rely on I think 25-54 numbers.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Laurene
Old 03-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

This poll doesn't change anything or mean anything, but HoD is actually in the lead with 21% followed by The Mindy Project with 16%. I was pleasantly surprised to see HoD leading.

Save One Show 2015 Officially Begins: Vote in Round 1 Now! | E! Online
Old 03-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Tracie.

CW made a big mistake letting the show go #EarlVoice
Closed Thread   Post New Thread