Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, I don't really think the CW gives a damn about giving HoD a chance. The CW hasn't ever really cared about the show in the past. It has been there for schedule spackle. It may just come down to it that at the end of the season it is their best option for schedule spackle next season. It only needs 12 episodes to reach the 88 that is the accepted norm for stripped syndication. It is cheap to make. And they still have all of the stars under contract. Reign is falling hard this season. JtV is already at under a million viewers and a 0.4 which is what HoD was doing in its 3rd season while Jane is in its first. And they still don't know what the spring will do to Reign or JtV. They also don't know what the other 2 new mid-season shows are going to do. So I think they are just hedging all their bets and putting eggs in several baskets.

And with that said, I do still feel that this is 99.99% the last season. And if it isn't, then it is only because the CW didn't have a better option.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Yeah it's definitely the final season unless a miracle happens and the episodes get 0.4 all season

I'm just glad we're getting all of this early

We need to change the title again

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 11-25-2014 at 11:23 PM
Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for the reminder Juliana, I will change it right now.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 11-26-2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

yep I think it will be the final season too

Thanks for changing the title Cathy

Old 11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
And with that said, I do still feel that this is 99.99% the last season. And if it isn't, then it is only because the CW didn't have a better option.
I'm assuming that you mean the ratings won't be good enough because that is what is going to determine HoD fate. CW has a lot of time slots to fill, some more lucrative than other they still has to air something. Every year a lot of shows tank and with their older shows close to being done, they need a show from which they know what they will get (they can't put a new show on Friday's imo).

You might very well be right that this is the last season but right now on this day it most certainly isn't 99.99% sure. If it was, S4 would have been labeled the final season.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

No, if it was 100% sure then it would have been labeled the final season.

And no, I don't really expect the ratings to be any better than last season. Most people aren't even going to be aware that the show is coming back in December. A lot of people probably thought it was cancelled when it didn't start recording in October when the other shows came back. Some people who found it on Netflix, may just wait for another season to show up on Netflix and not look to watch it live. The show has been on a different night every season. Even now, it is starting on a Monday and then taking a hiatus and coming back on a Friday. It isn't very well promoted.

We can't count on a Friday placement either saving the show. In the past they did run scripted on Friday. This season they ran unscripted reality shows on Friday in the fall. And WLIAA is waiting for a 2015 premiere date.

The ironic thing is there has been more talk about the show in the last 2 months than I think all 3 season. And most of that talk was centered around if the show was cancelled or not combined with RB having her baby.

It's not that I wouldn't love more time with the show. It is just being realistic at its chance for a renewal.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I honestly think the reason they havent said anything, is because they are not sure.

Last season all the experts said it was a given that the show would get a 4th season, simply because of syndication. But with only 76 episodes made after a 4th season, the show still falls below the "normal" lowest number of episodes needed for syndication (81) and far from the prefered 95-100 episodes.

In other words, CW is looking at seeing if a 5th season of maybe 10-18 episodes, could get them a higher price when selling the show for syndication. A price higher than the production cost of making such a season that is.

Noone is likely to make a bid without knowing all the numbers, including the ratings for season 4, so the CW simply wont know untill then, if it is worth going ahead with a season 5...
Old 11-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Here I am randomly watching Whose Line and an HoD commercial came on. Didn't show the promo just that it was a sneak peek coming Dec 15. I was surprised but glad they said something!

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 11-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Thanks Cathy! they need to show the promo now!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Here it is Juliana. I recorded it this morning and uploaded it. This isn't the same as the longer promo we got. It has some new scenes.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Thanks so much Tracie! LOVE IT

That kiss
Old 11-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks very much Tracie
Old 11-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

Thanks Tracie

Old 11-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bluebell makes USweekly's list of "The best TV fictional hometowns"...

Not suprisingly several other show that use the same shooting location also makes the list(PLL, GG Etc.)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread